Is there any team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
That is WR hurting as much as the Rams are at LB to maybe trade Givens for a decent LB?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I doubt Givens would have that much value. Everyone knows what he brings to our table and we would get lucky for anyone to give up a 7th rounder at this point, much less someone who could actually come in and play for us. But nice thought though.......

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I doubt it. His production the last 2 years (last and this year) pretty much give him no trade value. The only way I can see someone making a trade like that is if they want to get rid of a headache. Basicly it is not that they really want Givens, but they do addtion by subtraction by ridding themselves of a problem (and the trade helps them save face). The trouble is would we want that player here? Off the top of my head I can't think of such a LB out there (there probably is one though).

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
His only real value now is as a deep threat. I don't know if anyone would trade a good LB for that.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Givens didn't even dress last week... doubt any team would place much value on him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would a team trade for Givens? With the downward trajectory of his career path, I dont even know if he'd get signed if the Rams released him.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there a player the Rams could trade for a vet LB that wouldnt hurt us by trading him?

V3

Hall of Fame
Is there a player the Rams could trade for a vet LB that wouldnt hurt us by trading him?
Maybe one of our RB's but I'm not sure I'd do it since I doubt we'd get fair value...at least according to how I value the RB's we have. Any LB we'd get wouldn't be anything special. The Rams are better off drafting a LB high in the draft next year.

ram007

Starter
Good LBs are like QBs. They are very rare in today's NFL. RBs and WRs are dime a dozen (relatively speaking). In short, a LB of value cannot gained by giving up Givens.

fearsomefour

Legend
Stevie Johnson and Boldin cost nothing so I can't see anyone giving much for Givens.
I still hold out some hope for the guy.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If we're looking at fair value for Givens, it'll be a LB that can't do anything but blitz, and most times won't get the sack even when he gets to the QB.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
seems like jeff fisher will get the all defense draft he's been dreaming about next season.

jjab360

Legend
Stevie Johnson and Boldin cost nothing so I can't see anyone giving much for Givens.
I still hold out some hope for the guy.
Teams always give up more for players midseason than in the offseason because they're more desperate.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Dare I say Tavon? Disclaimer: I love Tavon and was all in on us drafting him, I just don't know how he will function in the offense yet. I would hate to lose him, but I have no doubt he would draw interest from many teams.

ShaneFalco

I think Briggs is up on his contract at end of year. Most likely will be released. Would love to See Rams go after him.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think the Defenses biggest problem is lack of leadership from a player that has been to playoffs. The Rams dont have a leader that has been there to help them take it to the next level

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would a team trade for Givens? With the downward trajectory of his career path, I dont even know if he'd get signed if the Rams released him.

He'd get signed. He's living. That's the Raiders criteria right now for players on waivers. ;)