Is there a Super Bowl this weekend?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I am hearing there may be a Wheel of Time TV Show trailer during the Superbowl

I am super pumped to see that show when it comes in May/June (I think).

For anyone who have never heard of this book series, it is considered one of the best (even possibly the best) fantasy series ever written.

Extremely minor spoilers that some people don't want to know so stop reading if you are one of those people

I am not good with hiding spoilers if a moderator wants to edit this

There are faults with it - 14 fricken books and 1 prelude book - so super ass long ass series

Two - the pacing can be quite slow at times until the latter third of each book (sometimes he got so into super detail that cmon Jordan - get going) and he would remind people of past things quite frequently. He did it on purpose since it was usually one or two years between books.

Three (somewhat bigger spoiler) - there is a slog that some say starts book 7 but most say starts book 8 thru Book 10. Yes it is a slog. The pacing was so slow sometimes in these books and book 10 was pure hell for me to get through.

However, books 11 thru 14 more than make up for this slog.

I have a feeling the series will completely minimize these slogs in a couple episodes if not entirely.

There are other faults with it but would be bigger spoilers so won't go into them.

Okay sorry for the Segway.
I keep DNF’ing this series man. My favorite author, Brandon Sanderson, finished it so I have motivation but damn that pacing is hard for me to get by. Maybe this show will put me over the edge. I have a huge reading list already built up though...

Tano

Legend
I keep DNF’ing this series man. My favorite author, Brandon Sanderson, finished it so I have motivation but damn that pacing is hard for me to get by. Maybe this show will put me over the edge. I have a huge reading list already built up though...
You really need to finish it.

Brandon Sanderson did a hell of a job.

No one expected Brandon to be able to finish the books the way he did.

It was pure excellence on his part.

If you can get to book 11 - you will really enjoy the pacing that Brandon starts doing in Book 12

Jordan had probably his best book in book 11 - that or book 4

Tano

Legend
Brandon Sanderson said that they had to rewrite this series somewhat so it could be shown on TV.

He is also basically re-writing the screenplay for Mistborn that is going to be made into a movie so he could get the points across in a movie that you can write into the thoughts in books.

I hope I am saying that right.

Basically the same thing with Wheel of Time - so it will be different but the same overall plot and storylines as the books.

However, I can see them cutting out some areas that just don't need to be in the TV series.

Like that story in the Lords of the Rings that they completely cut out of the movies. They only mentioned that character in the movie.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
You really need to finish it.

Brandon Sanderson did a hell of a job.

No one expected Brandon to be able to finish the books the way he did.

It was pure excellence on his part.

If you can get to book 11 - you will really enjoy the pacing that Brandon starts doing in Book 12

Jordan had probably his best book in book 11 - that or book 4
Maybe this will be the year I get er done ;)
Brandon Sanderson said that they had to rewrite this series somewhat so it could be shown on TV.

He is also basically re-writing the screenplay for Mistborn that is going to be made into a movie so he could get the points across in a movie that you can write into the thoughts in books.

I hope I am saying that right.

Basically the same thing with Wheel of Time - so it will be different but the same overall plot and storylines as the books.

However, I can see them cutting out some areas that just don't need to be in the TV series.

Like that story in the Lords of the Rings that they completely cut out of the movies. They only mentioned that character in the movie.
I can not wait for the Mistborn movie! I hope they do both trilogies because Wax and Wayne blew me away. I read books 2 & 3 in like a week lol

I could see mistborn and stormlight being amazing anime’s as well!

yes @CGI_Ram there is a superbowl I think as well hahaha

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, my wife and her family are Chiefs fans, so is my boss and my daughters best friends entire family.

Its pretty bizarre really. Just how many chiefs fans surround me while they are on top of the world.

Especially since they all live by me in here in Texas.

So yea, Happy wife happy life.

and Happy boss.... oh you know the thing.
Welp, if they are old enough, they might hagt have been old AFL Texans fans (The Chiefs at one time)