Is there a 2024 “Diamond in the Depth Chart”?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2024 diamond in the depth chart

• Zach Evans

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Warren McClendon

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Nick Hampton

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Ochoa Mathis

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Dejuan Johnson

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Tre Tomlinson

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Someone else (who?)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Don’t see any diamonds…just lumps of coal

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really hope not because he is with San Fransisco now
Wow - good call. -thanks

Yeah - not a place I wanted to see him.Actually him & Floyd will bring something special to the 9ers.I’ve watched him get coached up & Mentored by A’ Robinson & others.

The Rams had a nice D’Line group.I like The Young guys NOW !!
The Rams D’Line Staff has changed the last year(this).
Williams is with the Vikings ,but Murch is back & resigned.He is a better DT & Matias is faster & a has a linger wing span,.Plus more athletic .

Brown will work hard & might be a good (better) fit with them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s difficult to say because we haven’t seen much of anything yet. There is plenty of talent on that list but Dejuan is the first to produce so he looks the favourite especially considering who we have on the DL currently
I see Johnson being more outside & on passing downs.

Reporters keep asking about Chris Shula,but my take on him will be using a rotation which Raheem Morris went away from.

I think Shula talks about learning & taking ideas away from Morris,Wade & Staley.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. He was way over-physical and got flagged for it numerous times. Maybe an off-season can get his head right, but I'm not counting on it.
I hope so because I love his fluidity

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Projections are necessary for every player on this list because none of these guys saw meaningful snaps.

The one exception, in my opinion, is Desjuan Johnson. He only saw 102 defensive snaps but I thought he really flashed; and I have hope he can develop into a quality rotational-DL.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping Zach Evans can benefit from the upgraded line in run protection. He's larger than Williams, so it's harder for him to get through creases, but if there's an opening, he has the speed to take it home.

Mathis is also on my radar. Dude is fast, just needs to hone in on his skills in order to become a dangerous pass rusher.

Tomlinson obviously has the skills, but got put in the dog house due to his stupid flagrant penalty on preseason. I think he also caught a penalty on one of his limited snaps during the season as well.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
For a CB he has good size
Haha, my bad. For some reason I thought you wrote "He has good size FOR 6'1 205, haha. That'll teach me to post before having coffee....

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I picked Tomlinson first, Hampton 2nd. Both had very few opportunities. Tomlinson was DB of the year in college the year we drafted him. He clearly has all the talent in the world, just needs fine tuning and play time. Hampton showed some flashes IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Has Zach Evan even had ONE RUN that makes you go oooooh!?

I will be surprised if he makes the team this year. He’s shown nothing yet.
Yes, I was stunned by how lost Evans looked on the field. He'd have a hole and just be befuddled by it. Sure, he only had 9 carries, but was awful in those. Hope he just had rookie jitters, but I can't see how he can be relied on for anything next season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Projections are necessary for every player on this list because none of these guys saw meaningful snaps.

The one exception, in my opinion, is Desjuan Johnson. He only saw 102 defensive snaps but I thought he really flashed; and I have hope he can develop into a quality rotational-DL.
And one can argue that being in an NFL weight room and diet program has the most benefit for linemen. Really curious what that can do for his game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And one can argue that being in an NFL weight room and diet program has the most benefit for linemen. Really curious what that can do for his game.
Like Merlin posted above this !

Trying to figure any of this crap out in some senses is Crazy ! When you look at players you wonder about it,but what happens in a players life & how they go about getting better is it’s own debate.

AD99 took it to another level.Jerry Rice was another HOF player who did the same in the off season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I always dreamed of playing in the NFL. The excitement of running out on the field in front of 75,000.

And, a close 2nd for me would be the post-game Buffet.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think that the TE Ethan Evans is the most likely candidate.

But I will say this.

There does seem to be at least a handful of 2nd year guys that might become VERY pleasant 2024 surprises.

i don’t think that this 2023 Snead draft is done just yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'd go with TE Allen. He looks like he's gonna be around a while. Maybe he develops nicely we'll see. Will he do the work and be able to put some consistent product out there. I think so. Question is whether he'll be mediocre or maybe something more.

Tomlinson still has time, in regards to that equation where I expect a corner to show up at some point in their first couple seasons. Corner is a position that translates quickly if the player is going to be good. So this being Tomlinson's second year already the window is here for him to prove it. That would give us quite a lift, btw. Also it would be nice if Durant could step it up. He's not likely to do anything noteworthy at this point and looks like he lacks that dog in him, but simple improvement vs the run could change his outlook considerably.

Lake too. Though I think for him to be a diamond he'll need to win a job in that safety pairing.

Truth though is this roster is probably shorter than most in terms of upside. Year out from the rebuild, so not a surprise there. Hopefully this time next year we'll be in better shape there.