Is the running QB in trouble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
Thordaddy said:
Many RB's play through sore shoulders where they cane not lift their arm above their head.
That's an excellent point. A RB doesn't need that shoulder/arm nearly as much as a QB does. Just a bit of shoulder tenderness could affect a QB's throwing motion which can affect their accuracy. With the small throwing windows in the NFL anything affecting accuracy can doom a QB. Remember how bad Bradford looked after his ankle injury? He couldn't plant as well and his accuracy suffered. Imagine that happening to QBs all of the time.

Yeah if my QB runs more than say three times a game,I'm wondering why,and he better be ducking and sliding .
Probably need a sliding pit in training camp and 15 minutes practice on it a week.

Forgetting the physical ,unless a run is a designed one,IMO a QB who pulls the ball down has a significant chance he was a) watching the rush instead of looking down field b) afraid to pull the trigger and regardless WHAT a rec. may say,if you WANT them to sell out on their routes, you need to throw the ball, after the 10thtime a guy has beaten his man and the ball still doesn't come out, he quits believing it will. Just sayin'

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Great article and I love the discussions in here.

I think the 'running QB' is here to stay, but like you guys said, it's because the QB is a passer first, then just has the athletic ability to get down field with his legs. I made a bet with my buddy about this very same topic.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
iBruce said:
Great article and I love the discussions in here.

I think the 'running QB' is here to stay, but like you guys said, it's because the QB is a passer first, then just has the athletic ability to get down field with his legs. I made a bet with my buddy about this very same topic.

So what were the terms of said wager?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
There may only be 4 or so "running" QBs in the league now, but I would bet that in the next 4 years, that number more than doubles. Geno Smith, although more of a pocket guy, will absolutely be asked to run the RO. Johnny Football could be one HELL of a RO QB IF he can stay healthy.....and that my friends, is the rub.