Is the NFL Fixed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is the NFL fixed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BadCompany

Rookie
I think there is a difference between bias and "fixed". Fixed implies a deliberate action, whereas bias just indicates an underlying belief that must be overcome, sometimes with rather poor results. I think refs are biased, and just not that good at overcoming those biases and becoming impartial.

As for the bus incident, nothing beats the NHL where the head of discipline has a son actually playing for one of the teams AND he was caught sending emails to his referees complaining about the unfair treatment his son was getting. Nothing was done in that case either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think big games are fixed in some cases and to some degree. However if a team plays well enough they can overcome it. For instance, if the NFL tried to make Peyton win the last SB, there weren't enough calls to favor Denver in that blowout. But the Seahawks were screwed with crucial calls in the SB against Pittsburgh.

The Rams lost the game against Dallas. Key break downs in coverage, mistakes that Romo capitalized on...etc. Youth and inexperience once again is back to haunt us.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I voted no. If the game was fixed someone would have squealed by now and come out with solid evidence to support that. What I do wonder about is if the refs are giving closer scrutiny to the Rams defensive players on the orders of Roger Goodell because of the presence of Gregg Williams. The Bountygate scandal was a huge embarrassment for Goodell.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I voted yes to a certain extent I think it is now the Super Bowl against New England was too convenient and quickly swept under the rug.I also notice that Sports Center and pretty much any other sports channel don't really talk about the bad calls.The Dallas game for instance bad calls all day long and all they talked about was how Dallas came back from 21 point Deficit and shocked the Rams,but not 1 word about how the penalties played a huge part in that comeback.......GO RAMS

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I voted no but there is obvious bias that comes in to play in games every week.

It is inconceivable to me that there isn't at least 1 holding call on whomever is blocking Quinn every week.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Absolutely! The bias is too organized and predictable to be just chance. In the first half I predicted that the refs would stop calling holding on the Cowboys in the second half and it happened like clockwork.
The blatant cheating in the 2001 Super Bowl opened my eyes for ever.
Yup... the bias is obvious.

Try to answer this question... Why wouldn't they fix games, especially when they can?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I voted no. If the game was fixed someone would have squealed by now and come out with solid evidence to support that. What I do wonder about is if the refs are giving closer scrutiny to the Rams defensive players on the orders of Roger Goodell because of the presence of Gregg Williams. The Bountygate scandal was a huge embarrassment for Goodell.
I think so, too. I also wonder if Williams is aware of that scrutiny, and it's affecting his play calling.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
The NFL is a sports entertainment industry there's only one other sports industry that I know of that has that status and that is the WWE.I hope that I'm wrong about this and its just horrible officiating ,but I wonder about this before every single NFL game I watch when it starts off with "This is a presentation of the National Football League".

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'd like to see Anonymous hack into Goodell's E-mail and see if they can find any evidence.

I would not put it past the NFL to influence games to boost ratings. They are the kings of revenue.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
if you think its fixed why would you bother to watch that would be the most nonsensical thing

it would be like reading a book that you wrote

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
After our Super Bowl against the patsies.

The league commissioner destroying evidence so it could never be seen by others.

As Ram Fans... We have reasons to believe.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The NFL is a sports entertainment industry there's only one other sports industry that I know of that has that status and that is the WWE.I hope that I'm wrong about this and its just horrible officiating ,but I wonder about this before every single NFL game I watch when it starts off with "This is a presentation of the National Football League".
It is a "show".

Shows aren't real.

Shows aren't honest.

Shows aren't fair.

Shows exist to entertain, that is all.

69superbowl

Rookie
NFL referees are fucked. They are assholes with too much power and the ability to change the outcome of NFL games on a whim. Their own personal biases (you don't think they were/are fans of certain cities/franchises?) clearly bubble up involuntarily and deliberately. There are not enough checks and balances to insure a fairly called game. One - one - blown call should be a mandatory reassignment to the classroom for further scrutiny and education. The commissioner is a boot polisher for the owners - nothing more. He does as he is told, or he loses his golden goose. Fuck him too. Certain franchises have been taking shit from this league for decades - mostly because their owners didn't play ball with the rest of the old farts club. Guess who? Rams, Raiders, Tampa, Buffalo - the legacy ownership of those franchises were all buddies and pissed off the rest, including that little rat faced prick Pete Rozelle (fuck him too). Fuck I'm sick of this shit.