Is Sam Bradford too nice? What does that even mean?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Per Gil Brandt:

Bradford, who didn't have very good receivers to work with this season, wound up with the second seven-win campaign of his three-year career. He has all the tools to be successful, including athletic ability, but he just might be, well, too nice. He does have the work habits to prevail in a make-or-break 2013 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s-under-30

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
Per Gil Brandt:

Bradford, who didn't have very good receivers to work with this season, wound up with the second seven-win campaign of his three-year career. He has all the tools to be successful, including athletic ability, but he just might be, well, too nice. He does have the work habits to prevail in a make-or-break 2013 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s-under-30

Sorry that Sam isn't a Brady or Manning attitude. The media has some perception that a QB needs to be a yeller to be a leader. These guys don't see what goes on behind closed doors or in the huddle. The guys are running out of things to write on, if they have to write about Sam's leadership. Guess who else is a quiet guy? Joe Flacco. He's playing in that, what's it called? The Super Bowl

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpCUvF6fpc[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Really stupid, we've seen Sam push guys around and yell. Just because he doesn't do it all the time (which is bad) doesn't mean he can't do it.

F. Mulder

Starter
I think the team is gradually becoming Sam's team vs S Jax's. You don't need to be a yeller or a blamer to be a leader. The fact the guy is one of the first in and last out of the practice facility and is immersed in the playbook is a good example. I'd still like to see him be a bit more vocal but it is funny how the "quiet" QBs who win are "quiet leaders" while those who don't win are too timid?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
For what it's worth,,, we've all seen him get "vocal". Remember him barking at Danny earlier in the year,,, Danny barked back too. I think Danny ran the wrong route and the pass was incomplete. It was a 3rd down.

Time and place

bluecoconuts

Legend
Selassie I said:
For what it's worth,,, we've all seen him get "vocal". Remember him barking at Danny earlier in the year,,, Danny barked back too. I think Danny ran the wrong route and the pass was incomplete. It was a 3rd down.

Time and place

Yep, and there's also this.

He's yelling, he's pushing guys into position, he's plenty pissed. To think he's too "nice" and lacking emotion is just stupid. Stupid and wrong.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, maybe we should set a few goals for Sam this offseason;

(1) Punch a player during one of the OTA's

(2) Get into a bar fight. Be sure to stab someone for good press.

(3) Go visit a hospital's burn unit, run down the halls yelling "fire".

I'd venture to say if he accomplishes these goals he'll earn respect from Mr. Brandt.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sam shows plenty of emotion. To be quite honest, if he didn't show emotion, I wouldn't care. I'd care more about he performed.

As X mentioned a while back, he celebrated with Fells in the endzone in Denver and called him Fellsy.

I'd also take a guy who leads by example by not showing much emotion vs a guy who is immature and gets in trouble off the field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
Sam shows plenty of emotion. To be quite honest, if he didn't show emotion, I wouldn't care. I'd care more about he performed.

As X mentioned a while back, he celebrated with Fells in the endzone in Denver and called him Fellsy.

I'd also take a guy who leads by example by not showing much emotion vs a guy who is immature and gets in trouble off the field.

Exactly. When someone scores a TD, Sam goes to the end zone to "celebrate" everytime.

I'd like him to be a tad more barky when errors ocurr, but that too is a difficult line to walk.

That said;

Sam shows good balance in my book. Those of us who watch every game know this... ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Agree completely w/ everyone' s thoughts and explanations God I love this site!

Not being a homer I guaran-fuckin-tee Bradford will not only become our franchise qb i. e. 10 plus year career he will also surpass the likes of Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan, RG3, Wilson, Kaeperdick, Ponder, Locker Cutler, fuck easily more than 20 qb's supposedly labeled as whatever fuck trauma "franchise" qb. Sam has IT and he has another 10 years or more left in a yet untapped young career. Once this badass motherfucker gets loaded up like our D watch the fuck out..god I hope even the name Brady is an after thought behind Sammy B when all is determined. I'll be around age 43 by then. :cheese:

2010 #1 pick was a no fuckin brainer...and I clearly recall numerous douchefags favoring Jimmy what the fuck Clausen. Ummmmmm yea.

Sammy B will combine w/ SJax in helping lead us to the promise land only SB will do it a few more times after our humble predator retires righteously.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BatteringRambo said:

Not being a homer I guaran-fuckin-tee Bradford will not only become our franchise qb i. e. 10 plus year career he will also surpass the likes of Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan, RG3, Wilson, Kaeperdick, Ponder, Locker Cutler, freak easily more than 20 qb's supposedly labeled as whatever freak trauma "franchise" qb. Sam has IT and he has another 10 years or more left in a yet untapped young career. Once this badass bloodsucker gets loaded up like our D watch the freak out..god I hope even the name Brady is an after thought behind Sammy B when all is determined. I'll be around age 43 by then. :cheese:

2010 #1 pick was a no freakin brainer...and I clearly recall numerous douchefags favoring Jimmy what the freak Clausen. Ummmmmm yea.

Sammy B will combine w/ SJax in helping leading us to the promise land only SB will do it a few more times after our humble predator retires righteously.

That's awesome. Co sign.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
with eli manning being completely emotionless on the field,
then you have a little biatch like cam newton,
then a vocal leader like brady,
sam falls more into the eli category, with just a tad more facial expressions and yells when he needs to

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
BatteringRambo said:

Not being a homer I guaran-fuckin-tee Bradford will not only become our franchise qb i. e. 10 plus year career he will also surpass the likes of Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan, RG3, Wilson, Kaeperdick, Ponder, Locker Cutler, freak easily more than 20 qb's supposedly labeled as whatever freak trauma "franchise" qb. Sam has IT and he has another 10 years or more left in a yet untapped young career. Once this badass bloodsucker gets loaded up like our D watch the freak out..god I hope even the name Brady is an after thought behind Sammy B when all is determined. I'll be around age 43 by then. :cheese:

2010 #1 pick was a no freakin brainer...and I clearly recall numerous douchefags favoring Jimmy what the freak Clausen. Ummmmmm yea.

Sammy B will combine w/ SJax in helping leading us to the promise land only SB will do it a few more times after our humble predator retires righteously.

That's awesome. Co sign.

+2

…..

Legend
He'll grow into the Leader type more and more....I dont think of him as "nice" but rather someone who is humble and takes only the liberties that he feels he has earned.

For CGI.....who said he should run down the halls of the burn unit yelling "FIRE!!!"

...dude, you're sick.

And i love it. :cheese:

nittany ram

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
Selassie I said:

Time and place

Yep, and there's also this.

He's yelling, he's pushing guys into position, he's plenty pissed. To think he's too "nice" and lacking emotion is just stupid. Stupid and wrong.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps[/youtube]

Oh shit. Is it possible Sammy is too mean?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dog said:
I dont think of him as "nice" but rather someone who is humble and takes only the liberties that he feels he has earned.
That's an excellent point.

nittany ram said:
Oh shit. Is it possible Sammy is too mean?
And that's funny.

Carry on.