Is Sam Bradford the man for the job?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was just about to post this.

Why I oughta....

Excellent points from Zach and Randy though - all around. Some are valid, some are objective, some are subjective, but the fact remains; he is the man for the job. Because he has the job. Last week didn't show me anything I should be overly concerned about, but as fans who have witnessed 65 losses against 15 wins, something's gotta change soon.

I'm a fairly patient guy, but I don't have an unlimited supply of patience either. 65 losses against 15 wins makes me dread watching football sometimes. Last week changed that. I haven't been on the edge of my seat since the Saints game last year. And before that, the edge of my seat went largely untested. I was juiced throughout that whole game against the Lions and that felt good.

My particular favorite part of that article came from Randy:
Finally, what was the problem with Sunday? Sure, he missed on a couple of throws. But there wasn’t a single quarterback in the league on Sunday that completed every throw. He had a passer rating of 105.1. Bradford didn’t throw an interception, one of thirteen quarterbacks that didn’t throw a pick. Those QB’s went 10-3, and the three who lost were Blaine Gabbert in overtime, and Eli Manning and Bradford late. If the Rams defense can make a single play in the final two Lions drives, the Rams win. He doesn’t throw picks, and if you don’t lose the game, you have a great chance to win it. Of course he’s the man for the job.

Ahhhhgreeeeed.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

Why I oughta....

Excellent points from Zach and Randy though - all around. Some are valid, some are objective, some are subjective, but the fact remains; he is the man for the job. Because he has the job. Last week didn't show me anything I should be overly concerned about, but as fans who have witnessed 65 losses against 15 wins, something's gotta change soon.

I'm a fairly patient guy, but I don't have an unlimited supply of patience either. 65 losses against 15 wins makes me dread watching football sometimes. Last week changed that. I haven't been on the edge of my seat since the Saints game last year. And before that, the edge of my seat went largely untested. I was juiced throughout that whole game against the Lions and that felt good.

Finally, what was the problem with Sunday? Sure, he missed on a couple of throws. But there wasn’t a single quarterback in the league on Sunday that completed every throw. He had a passer rating of 105.1. Bradford didn’t throw an interception, one of thirteen quarterbacks that didn’t throw a pick. Those QB’s went 10-3, and the three who lost were Blaine Gabbert in overtime, and Eli Manning and Bradford late. If the Rams defense can make a single play in the final two Lions drives, the Rams win. He doesn’t throw picks, and if you don’t lose the game, you have a great chance to win it. Of course he’s the man for the job.

Ahhhhgreeeeed.
Seconded.

We are in good hands with Fisher, and he thinks
A. Sam is the man for the job
B. Austin Davis is a better backup than Kellen Clemmens EVEN AS A ROOKIE
How can you argue with a man THAT astute?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for posting this. Hope it becomes a regular contribution to this site.

I think Sam can regain his confidence and also learn (remember) that he actually can and needs to move his feet when pressure comes. He did it as a rookie and he is pretty damn good at working on the move.

It's a good point that Sam is the man for the job if for no other reason other than he HAS the job. But I think he will continue to get better and make good decisions. In the long run, I predict his steady ascension to becoming a top tier QB.

RG3 impressed and may continue to impress but we will see who has the better career. We are talking more than a year or two - right?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:

Why I oughta....

Ahhhhgreeeeed.

The loss was on the defense. A couple of Bradford's throws in the 4th quarter were spectacular.