Is Noteboom the guy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Football is finally back(sort of) and so now talking heads want to predict who’s good and who’s not.
I heard some expert saying that big Whit’s absence and Boom taking his place is not good for the Rams.
I love Whit as much as the next guy but are there any areas where this is an upgrade? No doubt Whit wasn’t the same guy his last few years, is Boom a better run blocker, better vs the speed rush? Whit knew all the tricks and maybe got the benefit of the doubt sometimes but Boom is younger and quicker and shouldn’t be overwhelmed.
Is it crazy to be optimistic about the LT position?

TXRams86

The Infamous
I think any time you go from a player like Whitworth to someone with significantly less playing time like Noteboom, it's easy picking for the talking heads to be pessimistic. But I trust our coaching staff and Noteboom, he's looked pretty good!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll miss Whit, but I'm glad he got to go out on top. As long as Noteboom can be a solid presence, we'll be okay.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems the key is whether he can stay healthy. Might be some dropoff, we will see though.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Noteboom will be just fine. Hell, better than just fine.

He’s not as good as Big Whit was in his prime, but Big Whit hasn’t been in his prime for a while now.

I have ZERO concerns about Boom right now.

Now, Stafford’s elbow?

Is Atwell legit?

Will Rams sign OBJ?

Terrel Lewis’ continued good health?

Who’s gonna be our starting CB’s other than Ramsey?

Who’s gonna be our punter?

I have a helluva lot more attention on those topics.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My biggest concern with Noteboom is staying healthy.
I don't know how close he gets to Whit, but I know he's performed at a very high level when he's been in, at least in pass protection.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My biggest concern with Noteboom is staying healthy.
I don't know how close he gets to Whit, but I know he's performed at a very high level when he's been in, at least in pass protection.
Staying healthy is the key, if healthy Boom is an All Pro, but again, he's struggled with health. Good Example was the playoffs as Big Whit was out against Tampa, Boom filled in admirably and had an outstanding game against JPP.

However, Boom tore his pec and not only missed the NFC Championship Game, but the Super Bowl too.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Staying healthy is the key, if healthy Boom is an All Pro, but again, he's struggled with health. Good Example was the playoffs as Big Whit was out against Tampa, Boom filled in admirably and had an outstanding game against JPP.

However, Boom tore his pec and not only missed the NFC Championship Game, but the Super Bowl too.
That's why we're all paying such close attention to AJ Jackson, right? The only real worry.
But, I'm hopeful they found an incredible bargain in Jackson and am not too concerned, to be honest.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's why we're all paying such close attention to AJ Jackson, right? The only real worry.
But, I'm hopeful they found an incredible bargain in Jackson and am not too concerned, to be honest.
Agreed when called upon last season against the Vikings, Jackson played an outstanding game. Jackson has proven that the game is not too big for him, but the hope is that Boom will be ready each week, however, Jackson is important from a depth standpoint that's for sure.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've watched Noteboom go up against Hollins, Donald, Lewis, He was beat by Lewis, and that was just once.

Only reason to worry about Noteboom is his durability.

As for Aleric Jackson, he's been rock solid with 2nd team vs 1st team D and is ready to step in should Noteboom go down.

Rams OL has a lot of depth, several of these guys, Jackson, Anchrum, Brewer, Kolone, maybe even Ealy and Acuri would be starting on other teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's gonna be tested early and often game 1 vs Buffalo. Von knows him from practice and I'm sure they'll try to isolate him on Boom to shake him up.

After that game though he's got a nice stretch of games to the bye week without too much threat. Week 8 is where the season toughens up and you get the tougher units with the 9ers, Bucs, and Saints all in that first month. Bosa is a particularly tough matchup with his power, assuming he isn't hurt by that time of the year. So that 9er game is a real key of a matchup for Boom but he's going to need to be at his best this season after that bye.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've watched Noteboom go up against Hollins, Donald, Lewis, He was beat by Lewis, and that was just once.

As for Aleric Jackson, he's been rock solid with 2nd team vs 1st team D and is ready to step in should Noteboom go down.

Rams OL has a lot of depth, several of these guys, Jackson, Anchrum, Brewer, Kolone, maybe even Ealy and Acuri would be starting on other teams.

Well I will disagree with Ealy from what I have seen. He is trash or just a practice squad guy who could get better.

Agree with Jackson. For some reason I am not high on Anchrum at all ? Brewer has looked improved & can play center then he makes the team easy. Arcuri can play anywhere.

Jackson looks good on either side. Looks very much improved & his body seems to be portioned better(stronger).

Day to day a player could look good & then the next not as good. - Atwell is a better WR than Ben Sko. He had a nice catch keeping feet in on the sideline. Then he made a catch with Bobby Wagner hitting him pretty good.Tutu made sure he held onto the ball as Wags was messing with him. A Cool play.

If we are talking about the O’Line it was either Edwards or Big Rob that hit Copeland after the whistle & almost got into it.Meaning it was getting chippy out there a little.

Noteboom is chill and in control. Havenstien has taken over for Whitworth as the Mentor of the group.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Carberry has the lineman working on there foot work,more of the Tackles. He also has the guards/center work on there power moves.

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was great to have as a backup, who moves into that spot?

MachS

Hall of Fame
Go watch the playoff game vs TB and see how he played versus JPP and Shaq Barrett and you'll have your answer.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Can’t tell you how thrilled I am to hear about how well Jackson looks. My biggest concern on Oline, by far, is right guard.
Shelton can be competent.. but I just remember what it looked like to have a similar Austin Blythe next to Allen and want someone sturdier.

Thanks for the camp observations.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Boom so far has been a better pass defender than a run defender.

It will be much more accurate to evaluate him after 6-9 consecutive games. Teams will try to find his weaknesses and exploit them. If they don’t succeed then there’s not much to worry about.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The biggest question with boom is can he stay healthy? He can definitely play and at a high level. He's done nothing but play well at LT when asked to fill in