Is McVay in Consideration for COY???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
What he's doing this year is outstanding considering the number of vets we lost and the number of 1st time starters we had entering this year.

However, considering our record, I don't think it's enough to win COY. To me, it should be Dan Campbell or DeMeco Ryans. The Lions have slipped recently so Ryan may have the edge now. I really hope they don't give it to Kyle Shanahan.

Edit: I'll throw Mike McDaniel in the conversation as well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Guys like McVay do not win Coach of the Year. Dan Campbell & DeMeco Ryans are most likely and keep an eye on Shane Steichen of the Indianapolis Cots as he has done an outstanding job IMHO. We love our Head Coach and quite frankly, that is all that matters.

jap

Legend
 Given that Sean's assistants are poached more than any other HC's assistants in all NFL history, the COY award should be renamed after him.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think it depends on how the rams finish. They get to 10-7 there's a chance he gets the nod.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
What he's done with what he has to work with is impressive. But you gotta have a winning season to be considered. I don't know why Shanahan is in the top 5 or 6. Most coaches would win with that roster. Cambell, Ryans are deserving. Hate to say it but so is Payton.

oldnotdead

Legend
If he gets this roster into the playoffs the idiot media hacks that panned the Ram roster should change their tune and admit they were flat ass wrong. Frankly, the fact that the Rams will exceed expectations in such incredible fashion should at least put McVay in the conversation.

Regardless, we as fans have to love how this team is fighting for a playoff spot this late in the season, with a realistic chance of success. We all should be buoyed by what this season could mean for the team next year. The Rams have indeed succeeded in building that foundation roster they wanted.

IMO this season is successful playoffs or not. They have provided us as fans relevant games in December and perhaps January is about as good as it gets. I love how the media has annoited the Niners as a Super Bowl team. It will make their crash and burn so much more delicious!!

jap

Legend
 The '9ers cannot be permitted to sweep us. If we had beaten the Ravens, we may have been able to afford a '9er loss. But last weekend's loss was too much.

We could sneak into postseason at 9-8, but we would have to depend on others most likely. If we go 10-7, we are likely in as too many other contenders & pretenders have to play one another and will eliminate themselves.

And if the Horns sneak into the playoffs with a hot Matthew and rapidly learning talented youngsters, who would be willing to face us?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
 The '9ers cannot be permitted to sweep us. If we had beaten the Ravens, we may have been able to afford a '9er loss. But last weekend's loss was too much.

We could sneak into postseason at 9-8, but we would have to depend on others most likely. If we go 10-7, we are likely in as too many other contenders & pretenders have to play one another and will eliminate themselves.

And if the Horns sneak into the playoffs with a hot Matthew and rapidly learning talented youngsters, who would be willing to face us?
Think how bad it would be if the Rams had to beat the Niners twice in a row to progress to the divisional round? That would be a tough nut to crack.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think our FO as a whole should get.....FO of the year? Is that a thing? That would include McVay too unofficially as I'm sure he has final say in all personnel decisions

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Think how bad it would be if the Rams had to beat the Niners twice in a row to progress to the divisional round?
1702591850179.png

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What he's doing this year is outstanding considering the number of vets we lost and the number of 1st time starters we had entering this year.

However, considering our record, I don't think it's enough to win COY. To me, it should be Dan Campbell or DeMeco Ryans. The Lions have slipped recently so Ryan may have the edge now. I really hope they don't give it to Kyle Shanahan.

Edit: I'll throw Mike McDaniel in the conversation as well.

Mike McCarthy too.

jap

Legend
Think how bad it would be if the Rams had to beat the Niners twice in a row to progress to the divisional round? That would be a tough nut to crack.

 I would love! to see the Horns clobber the '9ers twice - in the season ending game and in the playoffs. Just when all the "experts" are prematurely congratulating them on their supposed upcoming Superbowl victory, only to have Aaron, Matthew, Cooper, and a bunch of kids come in and steal all their expected thunder. Can you imagine a better team soul stealing sequence? :fistbump1: