Is it too early to speculate on possible Rams offseason moves?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My guess is that they already have their list of QBs and they will trade up to the top 1-5 slots to select him.

They haven’t needed a first round pick the last few years and have been to two Super Bowls. So I could see them trading their next three first round picks or a combination of two firsts and some second rounders to land someone like Williams or Maye.
This is the F them picks regime and if McVay knows one thing it is that he needs a competent QB.

They have the cap space to sign top free agents but I don’t think they sign many to long term deals. They want to keep the cap flexible and will only sign a top talent to more than a year or two.

If they don’t follow this type of plan then I expect that they will get Cousins and they will spend big on free agents and that will mean that this is McVays last run at a Super Bowl. He will retire in 2-5 years.

If they do go the route of getting a good rookie QB then that is a sign that McVay will be sticking around longer.
It'll cost more than that to get either guy, imo.

Also.. I don't see them going that way with how well Stafford is playing. I think they're planning for the next two seasons.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I expect at least 1 big splash free agent. If I had to guess it would be edge rusher or DL.

I am hoping Jackson stays healthy and the Rams won’t really need to do much to their OL next year besides add depth.

In the draft I am hoping for a good young CB with our 1st or 2nd pick. Then more edge/DL help with the other top pick. I could also see McSnead taking a RB in rounds 2-3.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I'd alleviate one of those needs now and get a nasty ass plug and play left tackle in Garret Bolles that's available probably for not that much and we set.
It helps set the stage for this year butore importantly for future years

The whiners we good but became much better legit contenders (granted chokers) and nasty when they stole Trent Williams. It changed everything for the.
I get Trent Brown younger by a year 75 lbs more than Bolles he is on an expiring contract meaning NE will basically give him away and he costs less. The only negative of Brown is the injuries hasn't played as much due to injuries my guess it's the weight.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
My guess is that they already have their list of QBs and they will trade up to the top 1-5 slots to select him.

They haven’t needed a first round pick the last few years and have been to two Super Bowls. So I could see them trading their next three first round picks or a combination of two firsts and some second rounders to land someone like Williams or Maye.
This is the F them picks regime and if McVay knows one thing it is that he needs a competent QB.

They have the cap space to sign top free agents but I don’t think they sign many to long term deals. They want to keep the cap flexible and will only sign a top talent to more than a year or two.

If they don’t follow this type of plan then I expect that they will get Cousins and they will spend big on free agents and that will mean that this is McVays last run at a Super Bowl. He will retire in 2-5 years.

If they do go the route of getting a good rookie QB then that is a sign that McVay will be sticking around longer.
I think we have an outside shot to make the playoffs so I highly doubt we trade up into the top 5. Also the top 5 is littered with teams that need QBs (Bears, NE, Giants, AZ maybe) so all those teams will be picking naturally there no team is trading up this year. Carolina doesn't have their pick the Bears do.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I get Trent Brown younger by a year 75 lbs more than Bolles he is on an expiring contract meaning NE will basically give him away and he costs less. The only negative of Brown is the injuries hasn't played as much due to injuries my guess it's the weight.
I wouldn't hate brown but I'd go with the already signed book end who is slightly reminiscent of big whit but meaner. He may also come cheap but there's no guarantee if we draft a LT that's they will be as good as Bolles or brown.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't hate brown but I'd go with the already signed book end who is slightly reminiscent of big whit but meaner. He may also come cheap but there's no guarantee if we draft a LT that's they will be as good as Bolles or brown.
There's no guarantee Bolles maintains his play into his 30's or that Brown ever gets healthy and plays a full season something he's done once in the last 5 years.

Both a vet and rookie have their plus and minus thoughts to them. I think though people see a 30+ year old LT and think it'll be great. But how many Whitworth 2.0's are there out there? Are either of these guys going to approach his level of play the rest of their career?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Edge in free agency (Burns?). D-Line help as well.

Drafted QB to sit behind Staff (even if it’s a top pick)

Plug and Play RB, and Center.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
There's no guarantee Bolles maintains his play into his 30's or that Brown ever gets healthy and plays a full season something he's done once in the last 5 years.

Both a vet and rookie have their plus and minus thoughts to them. I think though people see a 30+ year old LT and think it'll be great. But how many Whitworth 2.0's are there out there? Are either of these guys going to approach his level of play the rest of their career?
There's no guarantee Stafford stays healthy or kupp or AD doesn't retire nfl anything can change in a blink. What we do know for what the rams are saying about this window reopening with this 3some than I'd add Bolles to that 3some even 3 good years from him is worth the trade compensation we are hearing about. 1st rounder definitely not but anything else is on the table. LT like him doesn't come available often at the prices we are hearing. Of course we don't know just how accurate those prices are but not giving up a first in this trade but for a burns I'd give the first as long as he signs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Judging by this? No fucking way is it too early. Probably too late, if anything.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Week 6 and this is the thread topic. SMH.