Is GURLEY To RB What Julio Is To WR ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Just a freak.

He was sorta like "How you like me now!" I am still shocked that the RB I preferred as being also healthier in Gordon still has yet to make any real impact. Gurley does subtle things that are his intangibles that many of you have seen and were very high on long before I was really paying attention. But given his rather miraculous healing and his outstanding temperment I think I saw something special. Some of the Characteristics of the greatest Ram RBs that I have seen. The headiness of Faulk. The deceptive speed of Dickerson and the resilence and thoughness of Jackson

ME: Grabbed this as one tidbit that stood out from so many that got their first glimpse of Todd Gurley. They said the smile on Tavon Austins face went all the way around his head.I read paranormal,transcendent , and yet this young Thoroughbred I could see checking out the gears on his old car he once drove at Very High Speeds with caution to the wind. He has not even checked out his mirrors yet gang. I remember 1983 like it was yesterday and Coach Robinsons pitch left & right USC offense when 1/2 the Pony Express landed in horns. Its almost the same feeling but just like when we had Faulk at his peak when the colts gave up on him.

EVERY GAME is GONNA BE SPECIAL AGAIN. Not believing what your eyes just showed you. Todd was just checking out his equipment today and still in one quarter out rushed all the 3 RB;s the cards had faced. Once this yong man fully grasps his Chariot wheels he once rolled with we will see some impressive stuff. To add Gurley's abilities with Mason's who are not in his league yet are better than most starters in the league especially when healthy. Which I don't think Mason is 100% yet either from his hamstring. Throw in Benny Cunninghams skills and OH MY!!!

Remember the Duo of RB's the Panthers rode to another rip off game by the Cheatriots? Williams is still adding the yards at 34-35 for the steelers till Bell came back for our game. Williams ran all over the cheatriots in the 1st game of season on a Thursday night. He was special that night.

We can have the talent at RB and as they had the old man the ravens showed the other night in Smith we will have T. Austin,Britt, Quick Bailey is gonna bust out like he beat the honey badger today in the corner out of that triplette design. OL must continue to GEL as they did this afternoon. You could just see it when it worked. Ways to go yet.

My question is what will Bernie have to Rant about this week? Is anyone reading anymore? Too Funny how irrelevant he went in one day. Just know you witnessed the Genesis of something Super special. Its gonna make Cignetti a household name in football circles and this hype started when this super talented Man-Child was a Freshman Bulldog. Lets keep him rested and HEALTHY along with the team......NO INJURIES!!! What did you see today watching Gurley?

Last edited:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
On the injury front, didn't Gore have two ACL tears in college? ACL tears are like a box of chocolates. Oh, and AP looked OK today. Can't focus on that stuff.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Todd was just checking out his equipment today

I nominate that as the most insightful observation of the season.

YOU made me think outside the media and fan box. He WAS just checking it out. Damn that man has upside. When I think back now, he wasn't balls to the wall at all, he was just testing.

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
Three T's You have to watch out for. Tavon, Todd,Tre. They all get rushing yards all different runners.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see a totally new Offense. The O we were going to be after the bye but the baby came early and it's a GURLEY!!!!!!

And the answer to your question is YES.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
I would love to see a set with Quick and Bailey out wide, Cook at TE (yeah, yeah, I know) and Austin and Gurley in the back field. Or switch Bailey out for Kendricks. You could shift Austin out and a TE into the back field (if Cook and Kendricks are both in) for a more traditional running set. You could go empty backfield with Quick, Bailey, Austin, Cook and Gurley as receivers. You could split Cook out and bring Austin in motion out of the backfield and run or pass out of it with the D spread. Could run Austin. Gives a lot of options.
Cleveland got a TD yesterday vs. San Diego by coming out in a two TE two RB set and creating a mismatch with this fastest RB matched up with a LB. He blew past him and caught a 30 something yard TD. That was a case where play design created a mismatch.
With players that can line up different places and do different things it will be interesting to see what they come up with. One thing for sure. I want to Gurley, Austin, Quick and Cook on the field together.
Also a power set with Reynolds replacing one TE (cook) and a full house backfield of Harkey, Rhaney and Gurley.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
From my attempt at a pragmatic point of view, his potential for gaining yards make him a wide receiver like threat. So, at the very least, one good hole for him is a potential first down. Obviously that creates opportunities for our receivers.

RamWoodie

Legend
This was his breakout game, and he made a good mark, especially when it appears that Mason re-injured that hammy...he only got 2 carries.

The Rams have a good RB tandem with Gurley and Mason...and yesterday Gurley put the league on notice...:D