Is Floyd next ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I really think we need to blow it up.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
We aren’t rebuilding but it sure sounds like we will be renovating a fair bit!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I really think we need to blow it up.
Yeah, not sure how they can contend in 23' without retooling which means having cap room to retain their own key FAs, while also bringing in help on the Oline. More confident in that approach as opposed of crossing their fingers that some unproven OL guys can stay healthy and play well.

If releasing Wagner & Floyd, moving Ramsey for picks, and restructuring Kupp, means that they can keep Gaines, Scott, & Gay, as well as adding two quality OL, a solid TE, and drafting some speed for the defense, then that plan makes them a better team in 23' and 24'.

oldnotdead

Legend
When you look at Floyd's contract the best point isn't this year. The "natural" contract out year is next year. Otherwise why leave themselves with no edge rushers?

Drafting players is a huge gamble. More drafted players never validate their draft position than do. That is exactly why draft picks have been expendable to Snead. Even if he gets a first round pick it could get traded for a player before the draft.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I’m ok with trading Floyd. Donald can make anyone look good. Def will have to replace him with a with a starter via draft/FA and add to edge rusher depth as well. But he can be replaced in my mind.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, not sure how they can contend in 23' without retooling which means having cap room to retain their own key FAs, while also bringing in help on the Oline. More confident in that approach as opposed of crossing their fingers that some unproven OL guys can stay healthy and play well.

If releasing Wagner & Floyd, moving Ramsey for picks, and restructuring Kupp, means that they can keep Gaines, Scott, & Gay, as well as adding two quality OL, a solid TE, and drafting some speed for the defense, then that plan makes them a better team in 23' and 24'.

The Rams might do things more like 2017 & 18? Meaning trading & clearing Cap.

Don’t see The Rams Resigning Gay

Sort of funny how The Rams franchised Tru Johnson a 2nd time & now The Rams went all in. Every season they are always reworking TEAM for now & future.

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
We aren’t rebuilding but it sure sounds like we will be renovating a fair bit!
Renovation my ass. You don't put Ramsey on the trade blocks if the rumors are true or let the #1 ranked ILB in the league go if you we are supposedly renovating.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Th

That may make them better in 2024 but realistically Wagner, Ramsey are HoFers potentially and Floyd is extremely solid they remotely do t compare to Gaines, Scott and Gay. All 3 can easily go and we won't miss them a day. You let Floyd, Wagner and Ramsey go 3 of our 4 best players on Defense you will miss them every play trust me.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
But you are keeping those younger core vets and having a lot of cap room to go sign very good players or trade for a top caliber player or two.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Most likely Floyd is next, but I can't see a team trading more than a low pick for him, if we do trade him. More likely, he'll be cut like Wagner was.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
When you look at Floyd's contract the best point isn't this year. The "natural" contract out year is next year. Otherwise why leave themselves with no edge rushers?

Drafting players is a huge gamble. More drafted players never validate their draft position than do. That is exactly why draft picks have been expendable to Snead. Even if he gets a first round pick it could get traded for a player before the draft.
Can designate as post June 1st cut and save 15M this yr...would then still have some dead money next yr, but overall I think you save more by doing it that way