Is A Rob the guy Staff’s been waiting for?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
In The latest athletic article J Rodrigue details the rams pivot from Von to Robinson and Wagner. There’s a line about Stafford’s propensity for “fuck it” throws. Two of them came to mind for me, the almost pick against the niners and the end zone pick in the super bowl.

The Tartt drop was such a bad throw it was unbelievable, and maybe Van was so shocked by it that he couldn’t respond but I watched one of the SB highlight shows and it seemed Van could’ve done more to help his qb out on that interception in the end zone, it was an awful throw that should’ve gone to the outside, but could Van have contested it? Maybe.
The point is this is what Robinson is known for, going up and getting balls in traffic. Some guys are natural at it and some aren’t. In that split second you realize the ball’s off target you have to do whatever’s necessary to catch it or at least keep someone else from catching it. It’s not easy but so many times you see guys just give up on balls that are off target.
Let’s hope that, A: Stafford’s arm issues have resolved and he can throw it as far as he needs to, and B: we got a guy who can erase his qb’s mistakes.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
In The latest athletic article J Rodrigue details the rams pivot from Von to Robinson and Wagner. There’s a line about Stafford’s propensity for “fuck it” throws. Two of them came to mind for me, the almost pick against the niners and the end zone pick in the super bowl.

The Tartt drop was such a bad throw it was unbelievable, and maybe Van was so shocked by it that he couldn’t respond but I watched one of the SB highlight shows and it seemed Van could’ve done more to help his qb out on that interception in the end zone, it was an awful throw that should’ve gone to the outside, but could Van have contested it? Maybe.
The point is this is what Robinson is known for, going up and getting balls in traffic. Some guys are natural at it and some aren’t. In that split second you realize the ball’s off target you have to do whatever’s necessary to catch it or at least keep someone else from catching it. It’s not easy but so many times you see guys just give up on balls that are off target.
Let’s hope that, A: Stafford’s arm issues have resolved and he can throw it as far as he needs to, and B: we got a guy who can erase his qb’s mistakes.
Well we surely know Robinson will contest balls. That being said a lot of the Stafford bad long balls didn't even give the receiver time to come back or get to the ball

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well we surely know Robinson will contest balls. That being said a lot of the Stafford bad long balls didn't even give the receiver time to come back or get to the ball
True, I don’t think Van or OBJ knew who the Tartt drop was actually thrown to.

Psycho_X

Legend
He definitely likes to give the receiver a chance to make a play against the DB and sometimes that backfires... his short throws last season (hopefully due to elbow pain that is now resolved) was an issue at times. But we saw what OBJ brought to the offense... a receiver that Stafford knew he could throw around or over a DB and the receiver had hands and body control to snatch it. Robinson is the same way and he will take full advantage of that. That's also what will make McCutcheon a valuable backup for us later this season or next year if (god forbid) Robinson has to miss sometime at some point because he showed that same ability. OR they can just sign OBJ back and Stafford will just be lobbing balls with his eyes closed and we'll have WRs go get them lol.

oldnotdead

Legend
The missing piece probably won't play this game. McCutcheon will be the final piece in this WR room IMO. He can block, make contested catches, and has the speed and size that Stafford likes.

Robinson is IMO replacing not just Woods, but OBJ as well. Robinson can play all WR positions and he's a willing blocker. Once Jefferson returns this pass attack will be hard to stop. Once McCutcheon develops, i.e. next year, this could be the best WR room in the NFL being truly 4 deep. Tutu IMO is a situational player. He's going to have to show he can take the pounding of a 3 down WR. I think next year the WRs will be Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson, McCutcheon, and Tutu.

I meant it when I said Robinson is an upgrade to Woods and this offense was very good with Goff, Kupp and Woods. Now with Stafford, Kupp, Robinson and Jefferson, it's going to be downright dangerous.