Iowa's Tevaun Smith WR worth 6th rd pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
I believe one of the biggest needs for Rams is WR.

Now while checking on some CFL information, I noticed that WR Tevaun Smith from Iowa is the No. 1 CFl draft prospect.

**you can read it here: http://press.cfl.ca/cfl-september-scouting-bureau-rankings#

Now that brings me back to the Rams needing WR help, Tevaun seems like a decent prospect and he has some decent videos, such as him breaking Beckham's one handed catch record. The guy has sticky has and would be a good 3rd down receiver.

One-handed Catches Record

Highlights

Here's some notes on him as a prospect (from nflmocks.com):

Observations
  • Last year at Iowa, Smith was easily the top playmaker in my opinion. He’s a really good ‘hands’ catcher and while he had some concentration drops, most of the time he didn’t allow the ball to get into his body.
  • Speed. Smith can beat you in a straight line down the field, with quickness out of his breaks, or after the catch. This is, in my opinion, the most impressive part of his game.
  • Catch radius. He can catch just about anything. He’s not as big as his frame will allow yet, but I think he can add some weight and be a force for your passing attack in the NFL.
  • Field awareness. It’s clear that Smith, while given just a limited amount of touches for his talent, has really good awareness of where he’s at on the field. You can see in some of his touchdown catches on there as well as a tough grab near the sideline, he understands where he’s at on the field at all times and has the body control to be able to get his feet down in bounds.
  • Quickness and Agility. Smith has some really nice moves with the ball in his hands.He is always looking to score when he gets the ball.

Question is, in your opinion, does Tevaun Smith have enough upside for the Rams to use a 6th Rd. pick on him?

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I believe one of the biggest needs for Rams is WR.

Now while checking on some CFL information, I noticed that WR Tevaun Smith from Iowa is the No. 1 CFl draft prospect.

**you can read it here: http://press.cfl.ca/cfl-september-scouting-bureau-rankings#

Now that brings me back to the Rams needing WR help, Tevaun seems like a decent prospect and he has some decent videos, such as him breaking Beckham's one handed catch record. The guy has sticky has and would be a good 3rd down receiver.

One-handed Catches Record

Highlights

Here's some notes on him as a prospect (from nflmocks.com):

Observations
  • Last year at Iowa, Smith was easily the top playmaker in my opinion. He’s a really good ‘hands’ catcher and while he had some concentration drops, most of the time he didn’t allow the ball to get into his body.
  • Speed. Smith can beat you in a straight line down the field, with quickness out of his breaks, or after the catch. This is, in my opinion, the most impressive part of his game.
  • Catch radius. He can catch just about anything. He’s not as big as his frame will allow yet, but I think he can add some weight and be a force for your passing attack in the NFL.
  • Field awareness. It’s clear that Smith, while given just a limited amount of touches for his talent, has really good awareness of where he’s at on the field. You can see in some of his touchdown catches on there as well as a tough grab near the sideline, he understands where he’s at on the field at all times and has the body control to be able to get his feet down in bounds.
  • Quickness and Agility. Smith has some really nice moves with the ball in his hands.He is always looking to score when he gets the ball.

Question is, in your opinion, does Tevaun Smith have enough upside for the Rams to use a 6th Rd. pick on him?

In a word...yes. He could be a steal in the 6th. Love watching him out of his breaks, he gets good separation. Appears to have good instincts. Will be interesting to see what he can run, after the injury. Looks like a 4.45. - 4.5 guy, to me.