Interior Offensive Linemen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
If the Rams resign Barksdale they have a good pair of offensive tackles. Robinson has played pretty well out there for a raw rookie. Saffold has been good at OG, but when he goes out we have zero inside push. We need upgrades at OG and C. Who are your favorite prospects?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sambraillo (CSU), Drango (Baylor), and (Tomlinson) are my favorites at guard, even though Tomlinson is the only pure guard amongst them (Sambraillo and Drango are both left tackles for their respective teams.) Not really a fan of any of the centers in this year's class; I honestly believe that signing Stephan Wisniewski should be a priority this offseason if you really want to upgrade center for the next few years.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sambraillo (CSU), Drango (Baylor), and (Tomlinson) are my favorites at guard, even though Tomlinson is the only pure guard amongst them (Sambraillo and Drango are both left tackles for their respective teams.) Not really a fan of any of the centers in this year's class; I honestly believe that signing Stephan Wisniewski should be a priority this offseason if you really want to upgrade center for the next few years.
I like La'el Collins at OG.

Here is the list of free agent Cs:
Pos.
Player
Team

CKevin MatthewsCAR28
CBrian De La PuenteCHI30
CRoberto GarzaCHI36
CWill MontgomeryDEN32
CDominic RaiolaDET37
CA.Q. ShipleyIND29R
CRodney HudsonKC26
CSamson SateleMIA31
CDallas ReynoldsNYG31R
CStefen WisniewskiOAK26
CNick HardwickSD34
CDoug LegurskySD29
CRich OhrnbergerSD29
CTrevor RobinsonSD25R
CTim BarnesSTL27R

FRO

Legend
Free agent linemen haven't worked out for us at all. I would rather build through the draft. That being said Iupati is a free agent OG I would go after.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Free agent linemen haven't worked out for us at all. I would rather build through the draft. That being said Iupati is a free agent OG I would go after.

Iupati would command far too much money, and he's had injury issues this year. I'd love to build through the draft, but as far as centers go, it's probably weaker than the quarterback class this year.

I do like La'el Collins, though. Can't believe I forgot him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A.J. Cann is the best pure OG in this class. He's a mauling run blocker that would be a huge addition to any PBS team. Pass pro needs some polishing but he's not far off there either.

However, when you count the LT prospects, I'd say(considering our scheme and preferences):
1. Brandon Scherff
2. T.J. Clemmings
3. A.J. Cann
4. La'el Collins
5. Ty Sambrailo(one hell of a mean steak on this kid)

Haven't seen enough of Drango, Le'Raven Clark, Vadal Alexander, Ronnie Stanley, or Ereck Flowers yet to rank them. I like Ogbuehi but I don't think he's big enough for us at OG.

Keep in mind that's ranking them as an OG. Collins will go before Cann because Cann is a pure OG whereas Collins has the versatility to play OT and OG.

Memento

Name
Jemma
A.J. Cann is the best pure OG in this class. He's a mauling run blocker that would be a huge addition to any PBS team. Pass pro needs some polishing but he's not far off there either.

However, when you count the LT prospects, I'd say(considering our scheme and preferences):
1. Brandon Scherff
2. T.J. Clemmings
3. A.J. Cann
4. La'el Collins
5. Ty Sambrailo(one hell of a mean steak on this kid)

Haven't seen enough of Drango, Le'Raven Clark, Vadal Alexander, Ronnie Stanley, or Ereck Flowers yet to rank them. I like Ogbuehi but I don't think he's big enough for us at OG.

Keep in mind that's ranking them as an OG. Collins will go before Cann because Cann is a pure OG whereas Collins has the versatility to play OT and OG.

Seen enough of Drango to know that when he's fully healthy, he's probably better than the guys you mentioned with him, with the lone exception of Stanley, who's more of a left tackle for a zone-blocking scheme. Drango is a lot better than the others for us, and unlike Cann and Sambraillo, Drango will definitely be around when we pick in the second.

Don't like Ogbuehi at all. Arguably more overrated than his teammate, Joeckel.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. Brandon Scherff

Is this Richie Incognito revisited?
14scherff.jpg

Memento

Name
Jemma
Is this Richie Incognito revisited?
14scherff.jpg

Nah. Unlike Incognito, Scherff has talent and a brain to match. I like him a lot. He's not elite like Joe Thomas and Jake Long were, but he's definitely going to be a reliable lineman in the league for ten to twelve years, and he's extremely versatile, much like Jake Matthews (Scherff can play every position on the line except center).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nah. Unlike Incognito, Scherff has talent and a brain to match. I like him a lot. He's not elite like Joe Thomas and Jake Long were, but he's definitely going to be a reliable lineman in the league for ten to twelve years, and he's extremely versatile, much like Jake Matthews (Scherff can play every position on the line except center).

Thank you yeah I've seen him quite a bit being a Buckeye fan over the years and like him too, just could not resist. I'm fine with going offensive line again and again!

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Rams resign Barksdale they have a good pair of offensive tackles. Robinson has played pretty well out there for a raw rookie. Saffold has been good at OG, but when he goes out we have zero inside push. We need upgrades at OG and C. Who are your favorite prospects?
Person does not get huge push in the running game but he is quick as heck for G. No issue getting to the second level.
But, I want a physical mauler next to Robinson and let Saffold move back to RG.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seen enough of Drango to know that when he's fully healthy, he's probably better than the guys you mentioned with him, with the lone exception of Stanley, who's more of a left tackle for a zone-blocking scheme. Drango is a lot better than the others for us, and unlike Cann and Sambraillo, Drango will definitely be around when we pick in the second.

Don't like Ogbuehi at all. Arguably more overrated than his teammate, Joeckel.

Cann might be there. He's a pure OG and they tend to fall. I really like T.J. Clemmings out of Pitt. He's one of my mancrushes. But I think he goes top 15.

That guy would be devastating at OG for us. He's so explosive off the ball and is a punishing blocker in space and on the second level. I think he's more athletic than Greg Robinson.(not more powerful though...although he's a powerful guy, himself)

Looks like a TE in terms of his build but is 6'6" 305...think he could bulk up to 315 in the NFL without issue. Kid is going to be real good but someone likely snatches him early as a LT of the future.

FRO

Legend
This is a good offensive line draft. We should be able to bulk up and have a great young offensive line.

FRO

Legend
@jrry32
Been looking over AJ Cann, I'm on board. Great push in the run game. Good in pass pro as well. Alert to blitzes and stunts. Named permanent team captain in 2013 and is said to have good work ethic and intangibles. Some good interior line candidates.

View: http://youtu.be/tlwRR2-tr_w

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams were able to resign a few of the Rams FIVE current OL'er entering free agency in March will certainly have a large barring on what the draft plans & needs will be. All things being very uncertain who will resign you can figure that the loss of our starting ORT will be the hardest to recover from IMO.

I'm thinking if required It does appear the Rams should be able to fill the starting vacant OG post much easier than that OT post with the few remaining signed interior OL'ers. Even if the Rams Org. was able to secure Barksdale the are still absent any OL'er who can swing to the OLT or ORT post if an injury does happen. We do know that the Rams have suffered 3 major injuries the last two seasons to our starting OT's. So not securing a able swing OT in the draft is real bad.

Having said all the above it would be a good ideal for Snead/Fisher/Boudreau to spend a lot of time identifying a 2015 OL prospects who can play both OT post & slide inside to the OG posts when needed too! Selecting a one post playing OG with our first pick is NOT going to happen. Boudreau will not tolerate such considerations. He demands his OL'er who have the skills & abilities to play multiple posts.

So that what I would look for the Rams to do in this weakest area of the 2015 Rams team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cann might be there. He's a pure OG and they tend to fall. I really like T.J. Clemmings out of Pitt. He's one of my mancrushes. But I think he goes top 15.

That guy would be devastating at OG for us. He's so explosive off the ball and is a punishing blocker in space and on the second level. I think he's more athletic than Greg Robinson.(not more powerful though...although he's a powerful guy, himself)

Looks like a TE in terms of his build but is 6'6" 305...think he could bulk up to 315 in the NFL without issue. Kid is going to be real good but someone likely snatches him early as a LT of the future.

Aaron Donald must know him well. I wonder if Donald would beat the drum for him to make sure the Rams give him a hard look. Or doesn't that tend to happen?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Aaron Donald must know him well. I wonder if Donald would beat the drum for him to make sure the Rams give him a hard look. Or doesn't that tend to happen?
Players will talk to coaches, and scouts about talent, or are asked.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
My 1st post here and it looks like i'm a little late on the topic, but anyway........looked at film of Cann the other day and was very impressed, especially with his run blocking------bigtime mauler.......strictly a gaurd, but a very good one. Watched video of Arie Kouandijo and liked this guy a lot also, he's a lot better than I first thought and could probably play some rt as well.
We definitely could use some quality depth all across the line....don't really care for Person/Washington. Are we going to get anything out of B Jones? And will Rhaney provide anything as well......I know he's athletic, but has only played a year at center, he needs to get stronger and continue to learn the position. Hope we draft 2 ol this year.