Interim HC Gregg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I know..Everyone wants an offensive minded HC for the team..one that can exploit Goff to the fullest. But I am talking interim HC..Williams has been pretty d@mn good creating a defense that is just missing a competent offence to get a playoff spot. I want to retain Williams at DC next year, and want an authentic offensive minded, QB whisperer as our HC....I am hoping that retaining Williams might be possible, because of the Bounty-Gate thing, and that it might prevent his ascending to HC somewhere else....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No thanks. Just let Fisher end the season and let him go with some dignity.
If you think Williams somehow sparks an offensive resurgence, then you're just

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

(getting a lot of mileage out of this vid today)

Williams seems to be more creative than Fisher to me, and I would like to retain Williams for next year..Maybe he would, maybe not...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Williams seems to be more creative than Fisher to me, and I would like to retain Williams for next year..Maybe he would, maybe not...
Maybe, but I really don't see that happening. It's like a .01% chance.

(don't be the guy that posts that Jim Carrey gif or video)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but I really don't see that happening. It's like a .01% chance.

(don't be the guy that posts that Jim Carrey gif or video)
"So your saying..." :redcard:

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
The only problem that I have, if we get a new headcoach, is that we might lose some good staff like coach Fassel, coach Waffle and our DB coach.
Having a G. Williams as a HC is not a bad idea.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
At least we don't have a guy named Chip as our coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The firing is important to put it out there that the Rams are the top job. Fish has had plenty of time, it's not working. Firing him after a 3-5 start in year five and no winning seasons is more than enough patience.

Let whoever impresses you the most on your staff take the reigns. Williams? Sure, why not. And let's see what Boras can do when he's got a QB who can hit the receivers he's scheming open.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Dammit! I thought Williams was named Interim HC!!!

Back to envying the Raiders progress

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Don't get my hopes up like that.. I thought for a split second that we had fired Fisher and this happened. I got excited for a second. :rant:

JackStraw

Rookie
Williams also failed as HC to some pretty solid teams(during years when his kind of ball was kosher), yet was a huge reason a team won a super bowl while he took care of DC duties

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams also failed as HC to some pretty solid teams(during years when his kind of ball was kosher), yet was a huge reason a team won a super bowl while he took care of DC duties
I was commenting on him as an interim HC, not as next years HC. I do believe that he would be better than Fisher RIGHT now.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rooting for the Raiders is really fun. No matter how frustrating it's been to be a Ram Dog

Let's Goooooooo chronic underdogs across the league!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Rams fan. It's just that the Raiders were a dumpster fire just 3 years ago and now they are poised to make a deep playoff run and sustain it if the young team stays healthy and they keep drafting well.

We've done pretty well drafting, but done nowhere near the job Del Rio has done coaching.

Which is why it's fun to watch their progress even if I'm not a Raider fan. Lets me know it might happen with our next coach...if that ever happens.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Pay Williams a bunch of money to stay with the understanding that he has to run an offense from this decade. Fisher has really turned me this year. First basically sticking with the same WR after seeing them fail over and over and over, refusing to give any idea WR a legitimate shot. Our WR drop balls, run crappy routes, and are just not good. Everybody is jumping on the Britt bandwagon now, but he's still under achieving for his physical gifts. Why aren't Cooper and Spruce playing? Fishers stubbornness is on a nuclear level. The o line coach, made famous in Atlanta for making an average group really good, has been a complete failure here. We won't even discuss Goff, because he wasn't even the right qb to draft. We have had how many different O coordinator s? And ALL of them have had the same issues. All issues caused by Fisher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pay Williams a bunch of money to stay with the understanding that he has to run an offense from this decade. Fisher has really turned me this year. First basically sticking with the same WR after seeing them fail over and over and over, refusing to give any idea WR a legitimate shot. Our WR drop balls, run crappy routes, and are just not good. Everybody is jumping on the Britt bandwagon now, but he's still under achieving for his physical gifts. Why aren't Cooper and Spruce playing?

Our WRs are playing well right now. Spruce isn't playing because he can't stay healthy. He's been injured since the season started, spare a week or two. Cooper is playing. He played this week. But he's a rookie trying to get the NFL game down. Why would we force him out there when our WRs look the best they have since the days of Holt and Bruce?

Fishers stubbornness is on a nuclear level.

Yep. It is.

The o line coach, made famous in Atlanta for making an average group really good, has been a complete failure here.

This one is hard to swallow with Boudreau's track record, but it's just not working.

We won't even discuss Goff, because he wasn't even the right qb to draft.

giphy.gif

We have had how many different O coordinator s? And ALL of them have had the same issues. All issues caused by Fisher.

Boras is our third. That's bad and good. I'll give Fisher credit for canning Cignetti when it was clear he couldn't get the job done. But he deserves negative marks for making questionable choices and the offense being bad year in and year out.