Interesting take in the cbssports.com 1st round Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Are we sure what we have in Mannion? It's not like Lynch and Goff are sure things, either.

Especially because of the nonsense going on with deciding between Keenum and Davis, Mannion got screwed out of a lot of reps in preseason and practice that would really have told us a lot about where he is and his developmental trajectory.

So, if Mannion sitting a year and learning nets us a solid starter ready to go, then no, I'm not upset at all about getting a stud CB or DE especially with Chris Long's situation, JJ's situation and Long's backups not exactly being young.

Now, if all Mannion is supposed to ever be is a career backup, then yeah, go get the franchise QB. But Aaron Rodgers sat and others have sat as well. Not that Mannion is Aaron Rodgers, but he surely has looked better fundamentally and system-wise than either of the alternatives.

I can't help but like that Lynch doesn't turn the ball over, but Goff is no stranger to functioning with a broken pocket. Goff may be the Gurley in this to Lynch being the Melvin Gordon. I dunno. If that's the case, then Goff's the easy answer.

It's so early, still. That said, I sure wish I knew more about Mannion.

Athos

Legend
This team, considering how long it's sucked at the QB position... should be drafting a QB every year until they find one worth a damn.

Bank on Mannion and you probably set yourself up for remaining QB-less.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This team, considering how long it's sucked at the QB position... should be drafting a QB every year until they find one worth a damn.

Bank on Mannion and you probably set yourself up for remaining QB-less.

Hahhahahahshhahshahahahhahahahhahahhah
Dude that's has gotta rank top 25 best posts if the year
I spit my beer everywhere
Mannion is cool and all.... As a backup to our #1 QB pick
If we can draft all OLine we can draft all QB!!!!

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 - Lynch
2 - Hackenberg
2 - Kiel
3 - Wentz
4 - Kessler
5 - Coker
6 - Wilson

Ugly. Wentz is a better prospect than both Hackenberg and Kiel. And we have no 5th.

And by Ugly, I mean the lack of quality QB talent and the thought that we need to take one every pick to hope for a keeper.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
I view it more as, we suck at picking QBs so why not pick them all. Decrease the odds.

That said. Leave Hackencheeseberger off any draft list unless he's a late rounder.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I will be seriously pissed off if the rams go defense in the first round

If the Rams loose both starting CB's Johnson & Jenkins in free agency and EJ Gaines struggles to regain any of his rookie season form from the serious foot injury & surgery the Rams CB's could be as much of a problem as the QB's are.

nighttrain

Legend
If the Rams loose both starting CB's Johnson & Jenkins in free agency and EJ Gaines struggles to regain any of his rookie season form from the serious foot injury & surgery the Rams CB's could be as much of a problem as the QB's are.
impossible for any position to be in worse shape than ours at QB, but i still am in favor on playing Mannion rest of season, why not?
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I can see Dallas trading for Manziel and the Browns fucking up whatever pick they get in return.