Interesting take in the cbssports.com 1st round Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Rob Rang has the Rams taking QB Lynch at #8 as the first QB taken in the draft.

Dane Brugler has the Rams taking CB Hargreaves at #8 with QB Goff still available (he has Lynch going #1).

If Brugler's mock came true, bet this board would explode!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
You have to think we retain at least one of Jenkins/Johnson. Perhaps even both. We also have EJ Gaines coming back and Roberson has looked decent when given snaps, a few miscues notwithstanding. Our first pick will not be CB given the state of our offence. As with many analysts, Brugler is clueless when it comes to the Rams.

Athos

Legend
If we go defense in the first two rounds, I may very well stop being a Rams fan and find someone else to root for.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I will be seriously pissed off if the rams go defense in the first round

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams take a corner round one then fisher better be fired by round 2

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The second guy needs to wake up. Pass on Goff for a CB? Yeah no

FRO

Legend
Yeah if we were to pass on a QB for defense I would be livid.

Rainram

Starter
On one hand I wouldn't be surprised to see the QBs last a bit.

Draft order is something like this....

Browns - Yea...probably.
Titans - Mariota. No
Chargers - Rivers. No (they could take someone to learn behind him, but I doubt they take one that high, they have bigger needs)
Ravens - Flacco. No
Cowboys - Romo. No (but see Chargers)
Jags - Bortles. He's been doing good.
Rams - Yes
49ers - Yes (I hope they don't jump us)
Lions - Stafford (see Chargers)
Giants - Eli. No
Dolphins - Tannehill. No
Raiders - Carr. No
Eagles - Yes
Bears - Cutler...but I'll give them a 'Yes' still.
Falcons - Ryan. No
Bucs - Winston. No
Texans - Yes
Bills - Yes

Teams needing QB for sure - Browns, Rams, Niners, Eagles, Texans, Bills, Redskins
Teams maybe needing a QB - Bears, Jets, Chiefs

Rainram

Starter
Also...it's about time for mocks to start rolling where people don't have solid understandings of all the teams.

Mocks are all just for fun right now...And they are fun and entertaining. But hardly serious.

Still have Bowl Games, Senior Bowl, Pro Days, Private Workouts, Combine, Coaching Changes, Current NFL Roster Turnover.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Rob Rang has the Rams taking QB Lynch at #8 as the first QB taken in the draft.

Dane Brugler has the Rams taking CB Hargreaves at #8 with QB Goff still available (he has Lynch going #1).

If Brugler's mock came true, bet this board would explode!

I'm sure the board would explode, but Hargreaves is a pretty darn good player and both the Rams starting CBs are free agents.

Looking at Brugler's mock draft, with Ramsey, Treadwell, and Bosa off the board, I'd have no problem with the selection.

Last edited:

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure the board would explode, but Hargreaves is a pretty darn good player and both the Rams starting CBs are free agents.

Looking at Brugler's mock draft, with Ramsey, Treadwell, and Bosa off the board, I'd have no problem with the selection.

Nor would I. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think every team needs a shutdown CB (along with a solid LOT, a solid RDE, and a solid QB). If we don't keep Jenkins, we don't have one and that would put a CB in play in the first round. Resigning Jenkins would take CB out of play on Day 1, IMO. IF the first 7 picks of the draft went the way Brugler has it, I think our choice would come down to Goff, Hargreaves, or Decker.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nor would I. As I mentioned elsewhere, I think every team needs a shutdown CB (along with a solid LOT, a solid RDE, and a solid QB). If we don't keep Jenkins, we don't have one and that would put a CB in play in the first round. Resigning Jenkins would take CB out of play on Day 1, IMO. IF the first 7 picks of the draft went the way Brugler has it, I think our choice would come down to Goff, Hargreaves, or Decker.

Re-signing Jenkins wouldn't take a CB out of play for me at all. If the teams deems that Hargreaves is the BPA on the board, I hope that they would still take him. 2 good CBs are better than one.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd quit watching football if Goff or Lynch was in our laps and we passed on them for anyone else.

FRO

Legend
I'd quit watching football if Goff or Lynch was in our laps and we passed on them for anyone else.
I'd talk tough and say I quit, but then turn right around and watch again.

Goff and Lynch are legit. We cannot pass on them. With the way the draft is shaping up, we may not have to trade up to get one.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
On one hand I wouldn't be surprised to see the QBs last a bit.

Draft order is something like this....

Bears - Cutler...but I'll give them a 'Yes' still.
Falcons - Ryan. No
Bucs - Winston. No
Texans - Yes
Bills - Yes

Teams needing QB for sure - Browns, Rams, Niners, Eagles, Texans, Bills, Redskins
Teams maybe needing a QB - Bears, Jets, Chiefs

If the Bears are thinking like this, I'd take Jay Cutler in an instant. No hesitation.