Interesting Roster Evaluation by Navin Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
They don't need Tyrann. They could improve at DE but don't need one unless it's the right one. Rochell at CB is an upgrade to Williams in the long run. I expect him to take that next step this year. If he does he can eventually be another shutdown CB in the mold of Ramsey.

This guy shows he knows shit about NFL schemes. With Wagner and Jones, they now have two blitzing LBs. They have now shut down that short zone, i.e. pass there at your peril. They have improved their inside run defense as well. In other words, there are many ways to pressure a QB. Wagner and Jones give them those options now. Trade for Hunter and this D front truly would be elite.

Scott is developing into a safety better than Tyrann. Scott is bigger, faster and a hitter as well as a ball hawk. Because he's bigger and faster he's more scheme versatile and he's still developing. Burgess played well in the wild card game vs the Cards and I expect him to build off that. With Fuller, Scott, Rapp, and Burgess they are 4 deep at safety.

If Tyler Hall can finally begin to emerge he has the speed to match up with any one (4.41). He's struggled to stay healthy and its really slowed his development. He's a bit undersized in terms of length (5'10") but he's no smurf. He projects as a zone coverage CB which is a scheme fit for Morris' defense. In fact, he's a favorite of Raheem. That will give the Rams their SCB.

Alaric Jackson is an under the radar talent at OT. But he played very well in his limited action last season. If he continues on that developmental track he will be a very good RT, giving the Rams true bookend starters at OT. Jackson can potentially be as good at RT as Noteboom is at LT. With today's DLs teams need that type of play at both OTs.

I expect them to draft an OG to replace Edwards who is the weak link inside. But the forgotten man is Anchrum. He struggled to make the transition to OG which most don't realize is a difficult move, especially at his level. But an interesting thing is he seems better when blocking on the second level.

Regardless without a H=back or FB when they run power they will always be a man short. This limits their options on the inside run game to playing an inside zone concept. Regardless they need better athleticism from their OGs than they had with Corbett and Edwards to get this run attack moving. This is where improved play design in the run attack is key if they aren't going to play with a H-back or FB.

Once OBJ and Michel are signed, this team is built with their starters and anything else is depth.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for that in depth analysis @oldnotsureyouactuallyreadthethreadbeforepostinglongwindedlargelyirrelevantresponses

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The Rams Don’t Need Anything
by Navin R. Johnson

The Rams don’t need anything.
Except OBJ. They don’t need anything else. Just OBJ…and Tyrann Matthieu. That’s all they need. OBJ, Matthieu…and another CB. They don’t need one other thing…not one…oh, wait…they need another pass rusher. They just need OBJ, Matthieu, a CB, a pass rusher, and nothing else. Except OL depth, for sure. But that’s all they need.

What do you think? Is he right? Okay always thought he was kind of a jerk.
I think Navin is spot in his evaluation of the Rams needs.

It's good to see that he has finally found his special purpose.

Last edited: