Interesting Media view about Rams vs Lions (Pat McAfee show)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll watch it it here in a minute, but I was thinking today that we may never score 40 points this year. If you have a tub of water and spigot is turn to the highest volume of output, it will only reach a certain level because of the overflow hole, which prevents over filling/flooding. McVay likes chunk plays and getting the other team one-dimensional fast, but once he gets in the thirty point range, the defense normally keeps the opponents lower, he is all about controlling the clock. He gets conservative by running the ball, trying to ride out the storm for the win. Unless we get an "excuse me" touch down, I feel like the high 30's is Sean's sweet spot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Sean definitely makes a conscious effort to kill the clock, which is good. I suspect the Rams could have put 40 on the Giants easily last weekend. They basically called off the dogs in that first drive of the second half when they burned almost 10 minutes with a steady diet of mash.

MachS

Hall of Fame
McVay's ego will want to prove a point. We will throw it early and often and McVay will look to embarrass these guys. I think we cover the -15.5 line and I think Stafford throws for 400/3TDs.

dang

Legend
The offense needs to Score 31 and the defense needs to hold to 21 or below. Blowouts are overrated but fun to watch if you are on the right side of the blowout.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
The offense needs to Score 31 and the defense needs to hold to 21 or below. Blowouts are overrated but fun to watch if you are on the right side of the blowout.
How about the offense scores 31 and our defense scores 21 :thumbsup1:

Psycho_X

Legend
How about the offense scores 31 and our defense scores 21 :thumbsup1:
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I'll watch it it here in a minute, but I was thinking today that we may never score 40 points this year. If you have a tub of water and spigot is turn to the highest volume of output, it will only reach a certain level because of the overflow hole, which prevents over filling/flooding. McVay likes chunk plays and getting the other team one-dimensional fast, but once he gets in the thirty point range, the defense normally keeps the opponents lower, he is all about controlling the clock. He gets conservative by running the ball, trying to ride out the storm for the win. Unless we get an "excuse me" touch down, I feel like the high 30's is Sean's sweet spot.
Very true. But you know what I will take that all day long.
You take Shanny and switch him with McVay as OC in the Patriot - Falcon
Super Bowl and the Falcons win that game. JMO.

McVay record for winning when leading at half is not just coincidence.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay's ego will want to prove a point. We will throw it early and often and McVay will look to embarrass these guys. I think we cover the -15.5 line and I think Stafford throws for 400/3TDs.
Yeah and I keep going back to McVay throwing down his headset right before halftime vs the Giants. We had a big lead even without that last drive so him being pissed about the missed opportunity makes me think he's more concerned about his offense being efficient than anything else. Because the points weren't really a concern even though they would have been nice so him being pissed like that speaks to something other than just the score. And from that efficiency point of view the offense has not been maximizing what is there, and leaving points on the field, so IMO he's all about that right now.

Just seems like he has higher standards with his offense and maybe higher standards than he has had in seasons prior. From the QB change perspective it makes sense too. But it's also a pride thing for sure and he's undoubtedly extra motivated this week to ensure he doesn't lose to the QB he jettisoned. So I would assume he has some new stuff ready and I agree he's gonna call a lot of passes. Whether that works in our favor or not we'll see (if I'm the Lions I am ready to nickel/dime my ass off in personnel groups and shut down the pass). I do think our offense will put up good points question for me is how the Lions offense vs our defense plays out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very true. But you know what I will take that all day long.
You take Shanny and switch him with McVay as OC in the Patriot - Falcon
Super Bowl and the Falcons win that game. JMO.

McVay record for winning when leading at half is not just coincidence.
Boooooorrrrrriinnnggg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't think the Rams winning this game big proves anything. Everybody knows that Stafford is better. Everyone knows the Rams are better. Everyone knows the lions were not that good to begin with and then they lost everyone who is anyone to injury. So the Lions super suck and Goff has no chance. So how does this game prove anything. The Rams need to win big games. That will prove the point. Nothing else. The media is just doing its thing. I will be doing something else tomorrow and watching the recording of the game at my leisure.