Interesting and unusual ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Missouri has different levels of secondary roads. Going from OK to not so good to gravel to fire roads. Fire roads here are more or less goat trails. I was on one of these goat trails several years ago. This particular back breaker is about four miles long and deadends at an old graveyard. I know it as Rambo graveyard from the locals and it affiliation with a church of the same name. There is also a large sink hole back in there that I had found while deer hunting. Its quite interesting and big enough to swallow a house. Anyway I saw something that day. It was large upright and moving very fast. I was looking out of the drivers side window when it flashed in front of me. What I caught seemed to be shoulder blades and small of the back as it entered the under brush. What I noticed first was the speed then the apparent size. The color of the hair was reddish brown and long. I honestly dont know what it was. I do know it wasn't a bear, deer or hog.
Momo is the name of a local legend, similar to the Bigfoot, which is reported to live in Missouri. The name Momo is short for 'Missouri Monster' and it is reported to have a large, pumpkin-shaped head, with a furry body, and hair covering the eyes, which resembles a shag carpet. First reported in 1971, near Louisiana, Missouri by Joan Mills and Mary Ryan, Momo was first reported up and down the Mississippi River with later sightings documented further west by travel of water ways. It is supposedly a large, 7 ft (2.1 m) tall, hairy, black, manlike creature that emits a terrible odor. Some suggest it was a rogue American Indian. Following sightings in 1972 beginning at 3:30 pm July 11, first reported by Terry, Wiley, and Doris Harrison, and lasting for about two weeks, tracks were found and submitted to Lawrence Curtis, director of the Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden. He deemed the tracks to be that of an unknown primate species.[citation needed]

oldnotdead

Legend
My girlfriend grew up in MO and says Momo is very real. She said she had a Momo encounter while harvesting wild edibles with a friend. They both saw it and it was maybe only 20 yards away. The minute it saw them it ran into the woods and they said it was incredibly fast. She said this is a pretty good description. She said the encounter was just a few seconds but it was late afternoon and they were on their way back to the car, but the light was perfect so they could see it clearly.

It is supposedly a large, 7 ft (2.1 m) tall, hairy, black, manlike creature that emits a terrible odor.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw an interesting gravestone the other day. Simply said "I am what I am. " Nice stone 1800s. No dates no name. Seemed to be in a family plot. While I dont believe I found the long lost grave of popeye. It certainly makes you wonder what the mind set was. And that was probably the intention. Was this person so well known in their community for good or bad that it didnt matter? Or was it one final " What the hell you looking at."? Very rural middle of nowhere place as they say.