Instant Analysis of Week 5 Loss ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other teams make adjustments at half time, we don't.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
On a positive note ... considering the Rams defense was on the field 66% percent of time, they held the Eagles to just 17 points through 3 quarters, then a total of 23 after the Rams offense was shut out in the second half.
The Eagles had been averaging almost 30 points per game.....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a good gameplan. Stafford in the Gun all day is not going to work.
Gameplan seemed fine to me. Eagles are a great team, and we could have beaten them if not for execution failures in key moments. Kendrick playing too aggressive on Brown before half, Stafford overthrowing a streaking Tutu, and Puka's third down drop all stand out as errors that could have changed the game. If we give up three instead of seven before half, Puka sustains that drive, and Stafford hits Tutu for the TD, we're in a good spot to win the game.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I thought the offensive and defensive game plans were sound. Felt like half of their third down conversions came on broken tackles, and they ended up in so many third and shorts because of missed tackles on first and second down. Guys were in the right place to make tackles over and over again and just didn’t.

And offensively we just don’t have the horses to compete with that team in the trenches. Stafford had time in the first half but by the mid 3Q they were getting to him in a hurry. I also thought McVay schemed up some good running plays where the backs didn’t maximize the opportunity. I think the one play I’d want back though is that missed seam to Tutu. It’s a more difficult throw than it appears because you kinda gotta layer it into that window but it’s one Stafford routinely makes. He hit Kupp on it for like a 70 yarder vs Tampa last year.

TexasRam

Legend
Gameplan seemed fine to me. Eagles are a great team, and we could have beaten them if not for execution failures in key moments. Kendrick playing too aggressive on Brown before half, Stafford overthrowing a streaking Tutu, and Puka's third down drop all stand out as errors that could have changed the game. If we give up three instead of seven before half, Puka sustains that drive, and Stafford hits Tutu for the TD, we're in a good spot to win the game.
Agreed, except for some of the deeper shots. Should have adjusted the game plan to the pressure.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Losing sucks, but the Rams have hung in there against some strong opponents. Tonight was just a meltdown in the second half by the offense and once again by the defense at the end of the 1st half.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Eagles are very good both O & D line are at the very top of the league. Hurts is becoming a great QB and we are young yet we still played them tough. We need to be almost error free especially in key moments to win against Eagles and Whiners caliber teams. Stay the course and continue to grow and build.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
That many ifs usually gets you beat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That many ifs usually gets you beat.
That's the point. The Eagles are better. We couldn't afford to beat ourselves if we were going to beat them. The gameplan gave us a chance to win. We didn't execute well enough.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Offense​

37ebff8931ecff5aba51a6b1b775d19d

Defense :​

bf342747c950ed5633724bbb3caa5db9