Insomnia

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've tried jerking before sleep, didn't work as well as it sounds...:sneaky:

Apparently you didn't heed Footy's advice. :sneaky:

"Finish strenuous exercising at least 5 hours before you want to go to sleep."

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Would that be a clean and jerk or a jerk and clean??:lifting::seizure::jerkoff:

RamsFan14

Starter
I got some thick window covers to block the light at night and during the day and having the dark dark room has helped me sleep a lot better then without the blinds. I heard from one of my professors that a little bit of light can affect someones sleep patterns because your body can detect the light. While I def can't sleep for 8 hours straight (which sounds pretty awesome), I can't complain too much for lack of sleep when reading this. All I can say is a cold room helps, no light (even the light coming at night through your window imo)... Uhhh a nice bed can't hurt lol.

Those thick thick covers were one of my best purchases lol. Maybe it's a placebo, who knows haha. I feel more drowsy with a darker room (well I least i think I do ;)).

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Gaba works wonders for insomnia. And it's good for your brain!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...aves-viewers-snapshots-subconscious-mind.html

Could we soon record our DREAMS? Headset uses brainwaves to give viewers snapshots of their subconscious mind
  • Cinema experience has been created that edits films according to people's brainwaves so that everyone sees a different version
  • #scanners project allows users to manipulate a digital art installation
  • The result is a visual record of a person's subconscious mind
  • Animator in Manchester says it will give people a glimpse into dream world
  • System relies on a £100 ($15) headset developed by tech company NeuroSky

If you have woken up from a vivid dream, only to forget what it was about, you might want a dream recorder.

While such a consumer device may be years away, researchers have created a system that uses a biosensor headset to edit moving images shown on a screen according to changes in an individual's brain activity.

The film that’s created is a visual record of a wearer’s subconscious mind, giving them a glimpse into the dream world.

1415183753971_wps_1_The_MindWave_Mobile_heads.jpg

Day dreaming: Researchers have created a gadget that uses a biosensor headset (pictured) to edit moving images according to changes in an individual's brain activity to produce a dream-like film

Manchester-based animator Richard Ramchurn came up with the idea for the #scanners cinema experience, which allows everyone to watch a film differently.

In its initial format, his setup allows a single user to manipulate a digital art installation.

‘Narratives and layers can be built that are all governed by the user's concentration and meditation levels. Edit points can be created by monitoring the users blinking.

‘The audience can project their feelings onto the film that they are seeing, the film they watch will have a series of overlapping structures that they can interact with and/or disregard,’ he wrote on Kickstarter, which he used to raise funds for the project.

1415183761018_wps_2_A_surreal_movie_still_tak.jpg

Viewers will watch a film wearing a headset that reads their brainwaves, and they will all see a different film. This is because images will be edited by their subconscious thoughts. A still taken from a test screening of a surreal film is pictured

‘The goal of the project is for people to be able to physically see and hear their dreams,’ he explained.

‘We tested the device at Manchester University last year and a lot of people who used it compared the experience to lucid dreaming.’

The technique relies on the MindWave Mobile - a headset developed by tech company NeuroSky, which costs £100 ($159).

In trials, volunteers were asked to wear the headset and watch a short film.

Mr Ramchurn said: ‘The rhythms of the editing, how the movie jumps from scene to scene, depends on the mind state of the person watching it.

‘Much like a dream you can’t really control what happens on screen.

'Your brain chooses the sounds and sights you experience but you can’t really direct them - you just have to go with it.’

He was inspired to come up with the project after reading Walter Murch’s book In The Blink Of An Eye, which compares dreams to films.

He said: ‘Films and dreams are very similar.

1415183789325_wps_5_The_MindWave_Mobile_heads.jpg

The technique - which could one day pave the way for a dream machine for consumers - relies on the MindWave Mobile - a headset developed by tech company NeuroSky, which costs £100 ($159) (pictured)

1415183772102_wps_4_A_subject_watches_the_dre.jpg

The goal of the project is for people to be able to physically see and hear their dreams. Here, a subject watched a film wearing the headset. Its creator, Richard Ramchurn said: ‘Much like a dream you can’t really control what happens on screen. Your brain chooses the sounds and sights you experience but you can’t direct them'

'The problem is it’s easy to remember a film because you’re conscious while it’s playing, but it can be hard to recall a dream once you’re awake.

‘The headset is the perfect device for exploring dreams, because it brings your subconscious to the forefront, placing it on a screen for you to experience consciously.’

Mr Ramchurn predicts that scientific advances may make detailed dream recording possible in the near future.

‘There is research which suggests we may be able to fully record a dream within the next 10 to 15 years,’ he said.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No one better be playing my dreams back to my wife!:mad:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Vitamin D is a key ingredient in Melatonin production, which can help lead to great sleep. We don't even understand yet the full spectrum of Vit D, hence, the synthetic off-the-shelf vitamin options of D don't necessarly replace natural forms. I take Cod Liver Oil almost every night, which helps get me to sleep and to sleep well. Try this stuff, it's the only one in the industry that's not filtered and works. Take it a couple hours before bedtime (at least 4capsules)

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/CodLiverOil/

3457.jpg

Search on the keywords: fclo sleep