Inside the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stumbled across this on Showtime last night and the talking heads made their Super Bowl predictions. Two out of three picked the Saints and one picked the Seahawks out of the NFC. No mention of the Rams at all. They we’re talking up defense for both Saints and Seahawks. I think Brees’ arm isn’t getting any stronger ( it showed signs of weakness last year) and the Seahawks are going to have to beat us first.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I watched Kurt Warner, Rich Eisen, Steve Mariucci and Michale Irvin make their predictions last night on NFL network. Chiefs and Saints were the most popular picks to win.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I watched Kurt Warner, Rich Eisen, Steve Mariucci and Michale Irvin make their predictions last night on NFL network. Chiefs and Saints were the most popular picks to win.
I tweeted the show, scolding Warner for hating the Rams. He never picks us in the big games...

I can't wait to relegate Warner to history with a new Super Bowl win. I put him in the Bob Waterfield, file.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
People seem to think, that because the saints got screwed on one play, they will be playing with a special fire and it will get them to the SB. I think that sports has never been fair and things never even out. I think the saints focus on last year's loss is going to ruin there year. The saints will suffer the NFC championship hang over.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Saints are the popular pick because "they were screwed last year"..

Well, that is just hiding the fact that Brees was leaking oil down the stretch as they were fortunate to hang in in a number of late season games and could have easily lost to the Eagles in the playoffs.

I expect the same this year. Will come out strong, but then fade a little earlier this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People seem to think, that because the saints got screwed on one play, they will be playing with a special fire and it will get them to the SB. I think that sports has never been fair and things never even out. I think the saints focus on last year's loss is going to ruin there year. The saints will suffer the NFC championship hang over.
If motivation is a factor, what about the disrespect by the rest of league and talking heads about the worthiness of the Rams NFC Title? I'm tired of arguing why the Rams deserved it and the Saints let adveristy beat them. But every day an excellent team has been reading, hearing and seeing that they didn't deserve to be in the Super Bowl. I don't know about anyone else, but it motivates the shyte outta me! PUT ME IN COACH, I'M READY TO PLAY!
t0P5Grf.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, that is just hiding the fact that Brees was leaking oil down the stretch as they were fortunate to hang in in a number of late season games and could have easily lost to the Eagles in the playoffs.

Brees has already lost some arm strength (which is one reason Brandin Cooks wanted out of NO), and I've noticed the last few years (last year especially) that it gets weaker as the season progresses. Unless I don't understand how time moves, he got a year older in the offseason and at 40 is dropping off.

I generally agree with the other posters above, the Saints are a popular pick because of the perception they got screwed last year. But being a victim can only provide so much motivation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everybody is down on us. Only one thing to do about it and that’s go. Out and execute the game plan.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Saints are the popular pick because "they were screwed last year"..

I expect the same this year. Will come out strong, but then fade a little earlier this year.
Yeah. Game 2

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Idiots. This season is gonna be one for the ages so I eagerly await their excuses.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Seahawks struggled to beat the Rams last year with Clark. But now are somehow world beaters simply because of Clowney? Go ahead and compare production. Clark is better because he's done it longer more consistently. Clowney has had two good years but he's no AD.

Wade won't have to blitz much with a 4 man pass rush of AD & Brockers inside and Fowler and Ogbo outside. Those 4 are more than a match for almost any 5 man o-line. This defense last year wasn't as good as this year's version and they gave the Pats all they could handle. They did not lose the Super Bowl. The defense is improved and the offense will be better. This team is cocked and loaded. But the talking heads seem to think the Ram's 2018 season was a fluke. I see it as the beginning.

I've been an NFL fan most of my life. But I can't remember seeing a team as loaded at this year's Ram roster. If Talib can pull out just one more year and Peters simply focus on his job, this secondary with Weddle and Johnson and now Rapp can be something special.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Don't worry about it. They will change their tune real fast when we beat the saints week 2.

I'm not so sure. I thought that if we 'outperformed' the scribes collective assessment of us last year, we might start to get some recognition. We are NFC Champions and consequently made the SB. If that's not outperforming expectations than I'm not sure what is. And yet, we are still dismissed and disregarded. I fear that the present day commentators just find great mileage in dissing us whenever possible.

If it's not 'Goff is a product of his coach', it's Gurleys knee can't hold up or the OLine is going to crumble or blah blah blah. Thee just seems to be a bent against us in the media. I say fuck em all. I really don't care what the talking heads say anymore. I get better, more informed comment here than on the 'established' sports news sites.

Rant over. Go Rams.

dang

Legend
So how many Rams blamed non-calls in the Super Bowl as a culprit in their loss? I don’t recall a single one. That’s because our coach looks inward not outward when things don’t work out and his accountability resonates throughout his roster. So Unlike other more ordinary coaches.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I quit watching all these talking heads years ago, they are always trying to create drama. They can all piss off, I don't need them to tell me about football.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I'm not so sure. I thought that if we 'outperformed' the scribes collective assessment of us last year, we might start to get some recognition. . .

If we beat the Aint's in Week 2, I can easily hear the pundits dismiss the win to home-field advantage or some other BS like that.

EasyE

Starter
if we were not robbed of the fake punt in the first Aint's game, the second game would not have even mattered . Hecker was robbed too......f'em....