Injury Update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They haven't practiced since early last week. We won't hear anything for a day or two.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'm wondering about Ryan Kahlil for the panthers. Went out with a shoulder yesterday.
Donald will eat their backup center alive, better bring that double team each and every play.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
The Rams were back to work today. Normal schedule this week. Practice tomorrow and Wednesday, then off Thursday. Light Friday practice, walkthru on Saturday and the game on Sunday. First injury report will be Wednesday.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd expect Quinn to play. He was already worked back last game, albeit with limited snaps.

High ankle sprains can be long-term injuries. I wouldn't be counting on Tru just yet.

Brockers I won't speculate on.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brockers I won't speculate on.
It would be hard to think positive on this NT Brockers this week. It been a real hard season for MB thus far. Brockers has been a rock in the middle of this DL since the mid way point of his rookie season. He started his NFL career off with a high ankle sprain in 2012. It cost him his first 3 regular season games & was not effective till about mid- season of that yr due to that injury. The next 3 seasons he has been playing very solid defense.

Things changed big for MB after Aaron Donald became a starter. MB sack totals & overall stats diminished & we all know why. I have posted many times on that change of role & it raised my opinion on MB very high. Never heard a word or any whining to the pile of :poop: sport writers from this big man who I value so high.

My very big concern early before the draft & as free agency passed was IF the Rams were going to be able to show MB the $$ on his 5th season & then get him to resign back up under the bright lights of his young bud AD. To my very surprise MB was shown the money & provided a nice pay raise for his 5th season, a near 6.2 mil:). Then I got more good news when MB signed a 3 year, $33,125,000 contract, including over $18,250 mil, guaranteed, with an average annual salary of $11,041,667. MB will be a Ram for the 4 seasons until UFA in 2020.

Now for the very bad news: Thus far MB has only been able to finish 3 of the 7 Ram games due to injury. When Brockers went out for the first time midway in the 4th game the Rams were 3-1 & rolling on good. Since that time the Rams have dropped 3 straight losses on the fans. Brockers has two different ongoing hip & thigh injuries. Wonder if the fact that for those last 3 games Cam Thomas has been our main cog & starter in the DL?:thinking: Cam Thomas is a WWC who can clog up the middle on a regular basis but offers very little help for the other DL positions.

Fisher's move to use a WWC to be stop gap reserve NT has not helped this team thus far & if MB continues to be out I would not be surprised if the Rams continue to loose 3 or more upcoming games either. My major concerns earlier this season has kicked in fully here @ NT. See below just for a few:

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/quinton-coples-signs-with-the-rams.43613/page-4#post-721967
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/looks-like-sims-is-back.43529/page-2#post-720568
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/qb-trade-options.43285/page-2#post-713979
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...-rams-at-quarterback.43537/page-2#post-719794

Fisher has no bench & no answers. Now, for the 1st time as Ram HC he has no youthful high talent stewing on the bench ready to step in to assist him from his final self inflected demise unless their current & future investment of 2 First round selection (2016 & 2017), 2 Second round selection's 2016 & 2 Third round selections (2016 & 2017) =Goff can pull off an emergency HC life coach saving maneuver :death:

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They haven't practiced since early last week. We won't hear anything for a day or two.
They will Practice on Wednesday, and I'm going to try and get over there to check it out!!(y) IF I do I'll be sure and let everyone know what I see!;)One way or another, for all I know the practice may be closed!:notsure:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not sure about Brockers. Dominique has Easley filled in his role respectably though. Fairley an upgrade from Nick.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Whats funny is that no one asked about Spruce. Honestly they should bump him to the ps, and bring in McRoberts.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Whats funny is that no one asked about Spruce. Honestly they should bump him to the ps, and bring in McRoberts.
Spruce isn't a big part of our team. Our Receivers have been playing pretty good that McRoberts would just sit on the bench like spruce is.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I just read somewhere that both Brockers and Tru practiced today. Even if limited, That's a good sign.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Spruce isn't a big part of our team. Our Receivers have been playing pretty good that McRoberts would just sit on the bench like spruce is.
What the hell are you talking about? Don't you listen to our coach? He said it's the receivers not the quarterback.
-2022566592.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/injuries/LAR/los-angeles-rams

(Updated 11/01/2016)

According to head coach Jeff Fisher, Brockers (thigh) worked on the side at Tuesday's practice and will be a game-time decision for Week 9, Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports.Brockers has been dealing with a thigh injury since Week 1, indicating that the ailment is not one that is going to suddenly go away. Nevertheless, even if Brockers isn't at 100-percent, he would provide help on the defensive line against a Panthers team that ranks fifth in the NFL in rushing with 123.9 YPG.

According to head coach Jeff Fisher,
Johnson (ankle) worked on the side at Tuesday's practice and will be a game-time decision for Week 9, Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports.Johnson has been held out since Week 5 with a high-ankle sprain. As the Rams' No. 1 cornerback, his return would be a major boost for the Rams' pass defense. If he can't go Sunday, Lamarcus Joyner would likely see increased work in the defensive backfield.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries/_/team/la
Los Angeles Rams
Nov 1
Michael Brockers
Position: Defensive Tackle

According to head coach Jeff Fisher, Brockers (thigh) worked on the side at Tuesday's practice and will be a game-time decision for Week 9, Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Trumaine Johnson
Position: Cornerback

According to head coach Jeff Fisher, Johnson (ankle) worked on the side at Tuesday's practice and will be a game-time decision for Week 9, Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Jamon Brown
Position: Guard

Brown had surgery on his hand during the Rams' bye week but claims he will be ready to play Week 9, Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Ref the Joyner remark...I would hope to see more of Josh Forrest in @ LB'er with Ogletree & Barron this Sunday & less of Joyner @ his rover post as Nickle-Back-SSLB-3rd Safety stuff myself against this Carolina.... very good rushing team. let Joyner play the Nickle to help out Hill/Gaines/Gratz...we know they need all the help those three can get. They sure do not get much help from the safeties in deep zones coverages . On OG Jamon Brown ..first time I have read any info on his hand surgery?.

Last edited: