Injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know William Hayes had an ankle

Brock had a scare - from what I'm reading - both are probably OK.

Anyone hear why Wichmann left the game in the 4th? I saw him limping a bit on the series before he left but they never reported anything unless I missed it.

Anyone else?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ry-roundup-chargers-teo-suffers-torn-achilles

The San Diego Chargers suffered another season-ending loss to a starter.

Linebacker Manti Te'o went down with a non-contact injury on Sunday and was immediately ruled out.

On Monday, Mike McCoy confirmed Te'o suffered a torn Achilles tendon. The inside linebacker underwent an MRI that confirmed the season-ending injury.

Te'o compiled 17 tackles to open the season, including 10 in Week 1 alone. His absence creates a void in the middle of John Pagano's defense. Fifth-round rookie Jatavis Brown took over for Te'o on Sunday (Brown later left with a minor injury of his own). TheChargers likely will add an inside linebacker this week.

It's just the latest loss for a Chargers team that suffered a brutal injury each week to start the 2016 season. Week 1: Keenan Allen tore his ACL. Week 2: Danny Woodhead tore his ACL. Week 3: Te'o. Oh, and before the season even started, San Diego lost tight end Jeff Cumberland and do-everything running back Branden Oliver.

McCoy announced cornerback Brandon Flowers is being evaluated for a concussion.

Here are other injuries we're tracking Monday:

1. The Giants' backfield suffered a major loss Monday when it was announced that running backShane Vereen would miss the rest of the season with a torn triceps. However, two people informed of the prognosis and the team's plans say he is not done as of now, NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reported. Vereen is expected to have surgery and the recovery time is six to eight weeks. Depending on what theGiants do with Vereen and their injured reserve spots going forward, he might return to action later this season.

Rapoport reported it's not all doom and gloom in the Giants' backfield, however. There's optimismRashad Jennings, who missed Sunday's game because of a thumb injury, will be back this week.

2. After just two carries for minus-5 yards against the Steelers, Eagles running back Ryan Mathewssat in favor of Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood and Kenjon Barner. Rapoport reported Mathews' ankle "stiffened," which caused the Eagles to keep him on the sideline for most of the afternoon. Coach Doug Pederson confirmed Mathews' ankle issue Monday, adding Mathews is the No. 1 back when healthy.

3. Dolphins tight end Jordan Cameron suffered another concussion during Sunday's win over theBrowns, coach Adam Gase announced. He has already been ruled out for the Dolphins' matchup with the Bengals on Thursday night.

Gase also announced running back Arian Foster (groin) will likely not play Thursday night, too.

4. Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall tore his ACL on Sunday in the win over the Giants, coach Jay Gruden told reporters on Monday. He's done for the season.

Gruden also said cornerback Bashaud Breeland is week to week with an ankle injury. Receiver Josh Doctson is still fighting an Achilles injury, the coach said.

5. The Saints will have to face the Falcons on Monday Night Football without receiver Willie Snead(toe), Rapoport reported. Rapoport later added that New Orleans will also be without safety Kenny Vaccaro due to an injured ankle.

6. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll confirmed on 710 ESPN Seattle on Monday morning that Russell Wilson has an MCL sprain. Carroll said the quarterback is doing "unbelievable" after injuring the knee Sunday.

Carroll also announced running back Thomas Rawls could be out a few weeks with a fibula injury. Rapoport reported it's a hairline fracture for the power back.

7. Fox 26's Mark Berman reported Texans defensive end J.J. Watt did not practice Monday. Coach Bill O'Brien told reporters it was just a day off for the veteran pass rusher.

O'Brien also said offensive lineman Duane Brown (quad) looked good at practice Monday and could "possibly" play Sunday against the Titans.

8. Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters Monday "there's a chance" running back Jamaal Charlescould be back this week.

9. The Jaguars announced running back Chris Ivory suffered both a sprained knee and ankle in Sunday's loss to the Ravens, but still played through it and finished the game.

10. Bears running back Jeremy Langford sustained an ankle sprain Sunday night against theCowboys, head coach John Fox announced. Jay Cutler remains day-to-day with a sprained thumb.

11. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said offensive lineman Alex Boone (hip) "should be OK" after getting injured in Sunday's win over the Panthers.

12. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Monday tight end Tyler Eifert (foot) is close to returning.

13. The Cardinals announced wide receiver Michael Floyd has been placed in concussion protocol.\

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
and still no info on why Brown came in for Wichmann late in the 4th quarter. Seems like the starting offensive line is an important enough thing that SOMEONE in the NFL media would have asked the question - but I guess not.

Q729

Legend
Damn. All those broken body parts just for our entertainment.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Long time to go for him to be cleared but he always plays well against us so would be a bonus to our defense if he doesn't play.
Not as worried with Floyd as I am with Fitzgerald. He has been a Rams killer way too many times. He is the heart and soul of this team. He could just come up with the 24-hour flu on Sunday! :puke:

Bruce2980

Starter
and still no info on why Brown came in for Wichmann late in the 4th quarter. Seems like the starting offensive line is an important enough thing that SOMEONE in the NFL media would have asked the question - but I guess not.
Maybe Wichmann made his last mistake that day and Fisher had seen enough?

Bruce2980

Starter
Maybe Wichmann made his last mistake that day and Fisher had seen enough?
I read that Brown either has not fully recovered from his broken leg physically, mentally, emotionally, or a combo thereof and that is why Wichmann has replaced him from week one. That explains why the coaches were playing Brown and Wichmann in the same game hoping someone will stand out, neither did, so bench Brown and get a fire under his ass, maybe the rational for that?

Bruce2980

Starter
I think that may be it - actually
I read that Brown either has not fully recovered from his broken leg physically, mentally, emotionally, or a combo thereof and that is why Wichmann has replaced him from week one. That explains why the coaches were playing Brown and Wichmann in the same game hoping someone will stand out, neither did, so bench Brown and get a fire under his ass, maybe the rational for that?

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, I saw Tavon has been wearing a sling for a little while. Must be some sort of precaution. Obviously, he's got some sort of injury that he can play through. Doesn't seem to be impacting his play.

fearsomefour

Legend
Brown is a horrific pass blocker and was beaten all preseason if he didn't have help. Why it took them so long to replace him is beyond me.

Bruce2980

Starter
Brown is a horrific pass blocker and was beaten all preseason if he didn't have help. Why it took them so long to replace him is beyond me.
And Wichmann is not a very good run blocker, especially when he runs the opposite way that everyone else on the line is running. Any way of combining the strengths of these two blockers.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Wichmann is not a very good run blocker, especially when he runs the opposite way that everyone else on the line is running. Any way of combining the strengths of these two blockers.
SO thats why the niners knew what we were doing that Monday night game ... brown was in on running plays and wichman was in on passing plays ;)