Injuries begin to mount in our starting LB'ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Top starting LB'er Mark Barron has not has a healthy season thus far, Mark was unhealthy through out all of Pre season & Training Camp dealing with several nagging health issues. Game 4 Barron hurt his knee & was on the injury list from that point on. Mark only had 1 full practice in the following 3 weeks with that knee. Then in the Jags #6 game while still starting & playing with a ailing knee, Mark suffered a badly broken thumb. Mark continued to play & did not have a full practice until Thursday wk#9.Since that date Mark for one month has only seen 4 full practices due to that injured Thumb. What would Barron accomplish if he was healthy again.

Lets move on to Conner Barwin the last time he was not listed on the injury list was back in week #3. Currently he has been battling an inured knee & now a broken fractured arm. This well seasoned veteran who had been shut down this last month has hurt the overall effectiveness of Wade's D. Conner stands to miss the Eagle & Seabird games ........NOT Good!

Now we have a arm injury to Alec Ogletree another LB unit hit. Having the 3 best LB'ers injured @ this time going into the most vital games of the year will sure cause Wade to think about the easy retirement life. Who would have thought that it would be Robert Quinn who has been MIA for several seasons with injuries as the only Healthy starting LB'er, I can tell you that I would have never though this would be the case.The Eagles have only 1 real starter out after last Sunday's loss to the Seabirds their TE Zack Ertz.

Psycho_X

Legend
Injuries aren't good but I'm excited that Ebukam will get another start and I hope he is the starter, or at least significant contributor, the rest of the season. He is a pass rushing presence we need. And excellent so far in run support. If he can shine the rest of the season it'll help answer at least one starter question for next season.

If there is ever a game for Quinn to flash his old self is this one with Wentz propensity to fumble the ball. This game will be won with pass rush and gap control. Whichever team does it better will win probably.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Having the 3 best LB'ers injured @ this time going into the most vital games of the year will sure cause Wade to think about the easy retirement life.

Well, ... I might argue whether they (Barwin, Ogletree, Barron) are indeed our 'best' LB'ers, although they are the most experienced.
Longacre, Quinn, Ebukam, Hager & Littleton are all grading better than Ogletree & Barwin currently. And while Barron still leads the pack, his numbers have fallen off a good deal these last few games. If Quinn is really as back as he's looked these last two games, we'll be just fine imo. Ebukam and the other reserves can get us over the hump until we are back to full strength, might even be an improvement. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post Boni.

I'm pretty happy with how well Barron has played inside for the most part, both him and Tree. But yeah as the season drags on they are getting beat up. Depth is ok but not great IMO.

The LB performance on the edges is my main concern going into this stretch of games though:

Quinn ain't the same guy, but between him and Longacre we're going to have to watch Wade squeeze as much as he can from them. I just pray Quinn gets hot going into the playoffs and plays out of his mind.

Ebu has been a really nice surprise because not only does he have great closing speed in his rush and pursuit but he plays the run well for a rook. Dude has some good strength to him and actually might help us out in these tough games, where the injury to Barwin allows us to enter the playoffs two deep on that side of the ball once he returns.

So while I'm worried I'm also hopeful that Wade pulls this unit together when it matters most. Right now we are sitting right on that line of good playoff defense in scoring allowed, but over the past few games they've given up 20+ and they have a juggernaut offense coming to LA this weekend. These guys really need to eliminate some of those "oh $hit" plays where they're getting gashed in the run game and tighten things down, and if they do that our chances in the playoffs go through the roof.

fearsomefour

Legend
Top starting LB'er Mark Barron has not has a healthy season thus far, Mark was unhealthy through out all of Pre season & Training Camp dealing with several nagging health issues. Game 4 Barron hurt his knee & was on the injury list from that point on. Mark only had 1 full practice in the following 3 weeks with that knee. Then in the Jags #6 game while still starting & playing with a ailing knee, Mark suffered a badly broken thumb. Mark continued to play & did not have a full practice until Thursday wk#9.Since that date Mark for one month has only seen 4 full practices due to that injured Thumb. What would Barron accomplish if he was healthy again.

Lets move on to Conner Barwin the last time he was not listed on the injury list was back in week #3. Currently he has been battling an inured knee & now a broken fractured arm. This well seasoned veteran who had been shut down this last month has hurt the overall effectiveness of Wade's D. Conner stands to miss the Eagle & Seabird games ........NOT Good!

Now we have a arm injury to Alec Ogletree another LB unit hit. Having the 3 best LB'ers injured @ this time going into the most vital games of the year will sure cause Wade to think about the easy retirement life. Who would have thought that it would be Robert Quinn who has been MIA for several seasons with injuries as the only Healthy starting LB'er, I can tell you that I would have never though this would be the case.The Eagles have only 1 real starter out after last Sunday's loss to the Seabirds their TE Zack Ertz.
And you want to argue with me about adding a couple of Vet 3/4 backers this offseason?
The good side of this is we may get some meaningful minutes from Littleton (whom I have liked a lot when he has gotten in) and Hagar....by default, but, we may get to see what they can do.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’m not counting on much from Quinn, anymore.

Yeah, he got 2 sacks vs the Cards. But Geez, both occurred when the QB just turned and ran right into his arms!

These were not the sacks we saw from the former and healthier Quinn.

I watch Quinn a lot these days. Honestly, he’s a JAG, anymore.