Individual contributors vs. team success

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Too many people lately are obsessed with the performances of individual players based on draft position, salary, etc. The team wins or loses as a unit. I will happily take 12-4 with Robinson riding the pine, Austin catching all of 30 passes and Bradford missing the year. And yet it seems like certain groups of fans don't accept success unless it's driven by the "name" players - those who make money or were 1st-round picks.

Just sayin', if we have a good season with certain guys not making huge impacts, that doesn't mean that those guys were bad picks, or that Snead is a bad drafter, or anything of the sort. What it means is that after so many years we have enough depth and talent that we aren't solely reliant on a small handful of "elites" to drive us to those mythical individual victories in a team sport. It also means we've got a good thing going.

Go Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Completely agree. So to those who would ask questions about Chris Long, when he gets 8.5 sacks to Quinn's 19, I say Look at the Big picture and everything else he is to the Team! To me he's the Face and Heart of the Team!!!