Incognito Makes Top 100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
At #97 Incognito was voted in by fellow players as one of the top 100 players in the NFL for 2016.

Congratulations on a great turn around, honestly I thought he was done.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate that guy's guts, and the players who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves.

Ram65

Legend
I thought the Miami stuff was BS. I thought the Rams could have used him when they released him. Looks like he found a home in Buffalo. He could always play but some times he got in his own way to becoming a perennial all star OG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Incognito#2013_season
2013 season[edit]
On November 3, 2013, the Dolphins suspended Incognito for misconduct related to the treatment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team a week earlier. Incognito's conduct was said to be detrimental to the team.[30] On February 4, 2014, Incognito's suspension was lifted.[31]

Second stint with Bills (2015–present)[edit]
2015 season[edit]
After not playing for the entire 2014 NFL season, Incognito signed as a free agent with the Buffalo Bills on February 7, 2015. Incognito was named as a Pro Bowl alternate after the 2015 season.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I thought the Miami stuff was BS. I thought the Rams could have used him when they released him. Looks like he found a home in Buffalo. He could always play but some times he got in his own way to becoming a perennial all star OG.

He is a great player and obviously screwed on that deal in Miami. He did nothing that the other guy wasn't doing. News Flash: We all mess with our friends and they were clearly friends.

I wanted us to sign him last year, we would have had a much better O line and he brings attitude.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I hate that guy's guts, and the players who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves.
I love the guy - always have - and am happy for him.

Always amuses me how selective "second chance" advocates can be. :shades:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, he's a Husker so.............I'll pull for him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I remember of Incognito was personel foul-unsportman like conduct machine that cost the rams games. He singlehandedly turned a 3rd and one into a 3rd and long more than a few times. Good riddance.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I remember of Incognito was personel foul-unsportman like conduct machine that cost the rams games. He singlehandedly turned a 3rd and one into a 3rd and long more than a few times. Good riddance.
The Rams were never good enough that his penalties were the factor that cost losses. He always had attitude and was willing to go to battle and I'll take that every day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

That isn't his game anymore. He plays smarter these days. I wanted the Rams to sign him when he returned to the league. One of the best Guards in the league.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
incognito.jpg
200.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
He's always had the talent, just needed to keep his head on straight. Maturity and meds can do a crazy, anger driven person wonders.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I've no doubt he was guilty of what he was accused of at Miami.

But that doesn't mean he shouldn't get a second chance. He's a beastly guard and fits what buffalo do perfectly. We haven't heard anything else negative about him since and I'm happy for him.

tempests

Hall of Fame
The Rams were never good enough that his penalties were the factor that cost losses. He always had attitude and was willing to go to battle and I'll take that every day.

I remember at least one occasion when his 15 yarder did cost the Rams a win. They had few big plays back then but with Richie I was always looking for the yellow on the field after.

Richie once faked a stomach ache to get out of a game. Flipped off Ram fans, referred to St Louis as a prison and admitted to committing personal fouls deliberately so the Rams would cut him.

Yet there remains a bizarre affinity for his mentality.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember at least one occasion when his 15 yarder did cost the Rams a win. They had few big plays back then but with Richie I was always looking for the yellow on the field after.

Richie once faked a stomach ache to get out of a game. Flipped off Ram fans, referred to St Louis as a prison and admitted to committing personal fouls deliberately so the Rams would cut him.

So the rest of the game there were no other plays that took scoring opportunities away, no dropped 3rd down passes, no turn overs, both teams played an evenly matched game right up until that penalty took away the last scoring opportunity and the other team won because they scored on their last possession. I guess the defense should have stopped that last drive.

It's a team game, played for 60 minutes sometimes more, one play does not win or lose a game by itself. Ever.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
He was one crazy dude when he was here, though the talent was undeniable. He would have been a perennial pro bowler of he got his head straight.

…..

Legend

You want maniacs with you when the chips are down. Richie's team mates love him. Now he has enough ex team mates that they managed enough votes to get him in the top 100

I believe his "mentality" is a thing of the past. Some folks take longer to grow up than others. He's still gonna be a hot head in the moment, but I bet we don't see many personal foul penalties 50 yards away from the ball like we used to.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
As long as Richie plays the game, he will always be under a magnifying glass by the officials.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Great player with no self control. He may not have cost us that many games but he surely wasn't the player that secured the win for us either. I don't hate the guy but I think we did the right thing in letting him go.