In the NFC there are really only 2 teams the Rams have as competition for the conference title

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Things have turned a little in the last week or two.

The Rams are the class of the NFC for sure as it stands today.

It's his third roughing the passer in three games. He's willfully doing what he knows is against the rules. You can't spear a guy to the ground, and he is picking the QB up and ramming them down.

If he's too freaking stupid to figure out that his opinion of what the penalty is and what it actually is then maybe one of the other players or coaches can explain it to him. They are going to keep calling it, and he is going to keep hurting his team.

If I was a team mate I would be letting him know he isn't helping the cause.
I don't know, that rules does suck.

Suh could have been called for that for his sack on Rivers. It was full body weight and his feet left the ground.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Maybe the officials are belatedly trying to make up for all the dirty hits Matthews has committed in the past and got away with. They have several more dozen calls to make against Matthews before the scales are balanced. Still remember the helmet to sternum spearing of Foles with the Rams. Dirty player that deserves what he's getting, but the NFL should have been calling these penalties against him for years.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know, that rules does suck.

Suh could have been called for that for his sack on Rivers. It was full body weight and his feet left the ground.

He didn't pick Rivers up and drive him to the turf though, that's the difference.

I'm fine with the rule, and really it's a reaction to defenders changing how they hit the QB from other rules protecting them. It's an attempt to injure just like a helmet to helmet hit. Players don't do that either unless they have bad intentions.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think that next year the rule will be the df can't rush until they count to five that should protect those fragile qbs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Things have turned a little in the last week or two.

The Rams are the class of the NFC for sure as it stands today.

It's his third roughing the passer in three games. He's willfully doing what he knows is against the rules. You can't spear a guy to the ground, and he is picking the QB up and ramming them down.

If he's too freaking stupid to figure out that his opinion of what the penalty is and what it actually is then maybe one of the other players or coaches can explain it to him. They are going to keep calling it, and he is going to keep hurting his team.

If I was a team mate I would be letting him know he isn't helping the cause.

I responded to this in another thread, so I'll leave it there, but that's just not right.

Also, same game...against Rodgers who the rule was essentially instituted as a result of his injury...and the defender drove him to the ground AND landed on top of him and??? nothing. It was a textbook definition of roughing.

Matthews has a very solid point.

Also, no one in the NFL knows grammar worth a damn because their rule doesn't read the way their interpreting it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He didn't pick Rivers up and drive him to the turf though, that's the difference.

I'm fine with the rule, and really it's a reaction to defenders changing how they hit the QB from other rules protecting them. It's an attempt to injure just like a helmet to helmet hit. Players don't do that either unless they have bad intentions.

That didn't happen and even Alex Smith said so in his post game presser. He's just as confused as the defenders as to what the refs will call week to week.