In other news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Clowney will be the poster child for an athlete who does next to nothing for years, then suddenly producing in a contract year. Book it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bill O'Brien and company did us Rams fans a huge favor. I believe he was Fishers top player in that draft......and if the Rams take Clowney what is the chances they take Martin over Donald with their second first rounder?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bill O'Brien and company did us Rams fans a huge favor. I believe he was Fishers top player in that draft......and if the Rams take Clowney what is the chances they take Martin over Donald with their second first rounder?

No way Fisher would have passed on the top pass rushing DE's to take one of those offensive line guys. I would not be surprised if Fisher drafts a pass rushing DE top in 2016 draft either, even with a bottom dwelling NFL offense.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm just going to be grateful Donald fell to us.
Same with Quinn and Gurley

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
No way Fisher would have passed on the top pass rushing DE's to take one of those offensive line guys. I would not be surprised if Fisher drafts a pass rushing DE top in 2016 draft either, even with a bottom dwelling NFL offense.
He better not! Wideout with the 32nd. pick!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He better not! Wideout with the 32nd. pick!
I have no issues with your train of thought here. But a CB may turn out to be a serious need too. I do know that I do desire one of those top two TE's with our first second round picks (Eagles) & release TE Jared Cook as soon as the cap permits. We need the Eagles to loose more often.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079848/hunter-henry
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061190/oj-howard

I will agree our WR's have not proven to be all that special. I would hope (instead) that our own wide-out Brian Quick who was the Snead's #33rd pick back in 2012 (First Pick of the second day) who as of yet to arrive in the NFL for a full season will desire to sign back up with the Rams in his 5th yr @ 27 yrs old. It sure looks like he has not paid this team much in dividends since his selection in 2012. I would not sign Quick up for more than a one yr moderate priced contract either. Its a shame that here we are @ the midpoint in the 2015 season where Quick has only one catch for 10 yds:palm:. Quick's stats over the past 3 1/2 seasons Quick has only 55 catches for 843 yds @ 15.3 yds a catch for 7 TD's not good. Quick most likely will desire to move on to a team that has a half way decent passing game. Its time to fire :shooting:Quick up this Sunday against the 9ers secondary.

If not these would be the top 3 wide outs in next yrs draft:
#1-Laquon Treadwell- alleged Dez Bryant carbon copy
#2-Michael Thomas-Has Quicks size
#3-Corey Coleman-athleticism to create separation

MountainRam

Rookie
Clowney will be the poster child for an athlete who does next to nothing for years, then suddenly producing in a contract year. Book it.

Sounds like GRob and Tavon are trending that way, NO? Whether they were prospects or needs to be coached up, both Texans and Rams end up in the same boat.

I hope Rams doesn't take prospects in the next year draft. (i repeat next year only)

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sounds like GRob and Tavon are trending that way, NO? Whether they were prospects or needs to be coached up, both Texans and Rams end up in the same boat.

I hope Rams doesn't take prospects in the next year draft. (i repeat next year only)

Too early to tell if GRob is trending that way, but no, Tavon isn't. He's finally touching the football and is producing.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
A OLSB pass rusher 1 sack vs a DT Donalds 13.5 sacks since the 2014 draft.
but but but ... Donalds is too short to be an NFL tackle.

Clowney is a
GENERATIONAL talent. We should trade up to get him, the only question is how many future first round picks.

Don't forget about Johnny Football. He's just got
IT. He's got so much MOXY. We have to draft that guy, he's ALREADY a star.

And we so have to draft Justin Blackmon. That kid is going to be a
NUMBER ONE receiver in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gotta laugh at what @Mojo Ram said....it looks like it...

Man I didn't want Clowney.... I had him and Mack in the same boat....Wrong about Mack.... Clowney isn't a bust yet, but his play...can hardly find him on the field....Longacre is more active...

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel

I think T.Austin just hasn't been used right its getting better this year. Not to mention he had hundreds of yards and a few TDs called back So he's actually been more productive than his numbers indicate.Grob on the other hand I can see him having his best year in his contract year.But that's mostly on Fisher,while Grob does have elite athleticism he just was not ready for the NFL.The man only knew 4-5 plays to block so that was a bad pick for us,we needed a player that was pro ready.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Tavon? No.
Austin has 17 career TD's and at least half a dozen negated by penalty. He's no impact WR but he's an impact player on offense and special teams.
Clowney has done nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Ok he has 4.5 sacks and 1 FF. Next to nothing which equates to nothing for a #1 overall once in a generation pass rusher in my book.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Gotta laugh at what @Mojo Ram said....it looks like it...

Man I didn't want Clowney.... I had him and Mack in the same boat....Wrong about Mack.... Clowney isn't a bust yet, but his play...can hardly find him on the field....Longacre is more active...

I'm glad I loved Mack. I made a comment over on RamStalk that my 3 favorite prospects in that entire class were Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, and LaMarcus Joyner. We got two of them, and Mack and Donald both look to be All-Pros for the next decade. I'm pretty happy with my picks, but you never know how these things are going to turn out, I also loved Stanley Jean-Baptiste and he was a big bust. It's tough to predict who will do well or not. Often times it might have more to do with their work ethic than their physical skills.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Such a crapshoot, this drafting business. I mean, Mack could have turned into Vernon Gholston.

Clowney, btw, is currently the 15th ranked edge player on PFF out of 104. Sacks notwithstanding, that's solid and hopeful production. Clowney might not be all-universe generational talent yet, but I would not dismiss him.

Of course Mack is the #1 edge defender (a group that includes Von Miller at 3, Justin Houston at 4, William Hayes at 16, Robert Quinn at 22) out of 125 total players.

Donald is the #1 defensive interior player (a group that includes Watt at 2).

So the Clowney 2014 draft class had a few special players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon? No.
Austin has 17 career TD's and at least half a dozen negated by penalty. He's no impact WR but he's an impact player on offense and special teams.
Clowney has done nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Ok he has 4.5 sacks and 1 FF. Next to nothing which equates to nothing for a #1 overall once in a generation pass rusher in my book.

Clowney has 4.5 sacks in his last 6 games while coming back from a surgery/injury that often ends players' careers. Like with Greg Robinson, people might want to wait before declairng Clowney a bust.

Warms my heart to see him taking Brady to the turf:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZMkpzn9YQ

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Pretty sure the Rams front office just calls this a "development pick".

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I love Aaron Donald but I might just trade GRob/Donald for Clowney/Martin...