In my opinion, it's now time to hire Vermiel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If I were Stan Kroenke, I would hire Dick Vermiel to be the football czar of the franchise before I make any changes, and I would do it now. First of all, Vermiel has proven he knows what it takes to turn around franchises (see Rams and Eagles). He could hire and fire the coaches/GM/scouts, etc. I would hire him now so he begin his evaluation process during the season, when they are playing games...Hopefully he wouldn't need another season to evaluate. Then, Vermiel can then make whatever changes he deems necessary in the offseason.

Vermiel has said multiple times that if he were asked by Stan to do a job similar to this he would take it.

I would definitely keep Demoff as the cap manager, because quite frankly, he's pretty darn good at it.

If I'm Stan and I don't know that much about football (and lets face it, he's a business man and probably doesn't), I would want someone in charge who does. I'd hire DV in a heart beat and let him make the football decisions.

Lastly, I would spend some money on scouts. I would make sure we have the best scouting department in the NFL. A couple million dollars there could end up making you millions in the long-run, when the team is successful, you can raise ticket prices, and everyone is buying your jerseys.

That's just what I would do. I won't pretend to be a GM, so I'd let them make the decisions on who to draft/sign, but I would want someone in charge who I could trust to make those decisions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Vermiel has said multiple times that if he were asked by Stan to do a job similar to this he would take it.
I don't remember that. But then again, I don't remember a lot of stuff. You wouldn't happen to have a link to a story or audio, would you? For if you do, I'll mail it to Kroenke myself.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
brokeu91 said:
I don't remember that. But then again, I don't remember a lot of stuff. You wouldn't happen to have a link to a story or audio, would you? For if you do, I'll mail it to Kroenke myself.
I'll try it when I get home from work. I'm not very good at searching for that. I remember it was in one of the audio files that you actually linked, when he was interviewed on local St. Louis sports radio. I remember distinctly saying "Yeah, if Stan asked me, I'd probably do it".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
I'll try it when I get home from work. I'm not very good at searching for that. I remember it was in one of the audio files that you actually linked, when he was interviewed on local St. Louis sports radio. I remember distinctly saying "Yeah, if Stan asked me, I'd probably do it".
That narrows it down - thanks. I'll try to find it too. There are only so many Vermeil interviews in the multimedia section anyway. I'd like to make a story out of this; and when I find it, that's just what I'm gonna do.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
That narrows it down - thanks. I'll try to find it too. There are only so many Vermeil interviews in the multimedia section anyway. I'd like to make a story out of this; and when I find it, that's just what I'm gonna do.

We definitely talked about it before on this site. I'm not sure Vermiel said he'd do anything full-time, but he said he'd help in a limited fashion, if called upon.

EDIT: Here it is: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6109</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iBruce said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:

We definitely talked about it before on this site. I'm not sure Vermiel said he'd do anything full-time, but he said he'd help in a limited fashion, if called upon.

EDIT: Here it is: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6109</a>
Cool - thanks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This couldn't hurt. If DV would at least get involved part-time, I think it would help.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
I'm sorry X. I looked last night and this morning, and I couldn't find the audio file. I promise I didn't make it up. I still say we hire DV.

Anonymous

brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
I'm sorry X. I looked last night and this morning, and I couldn't find the audio file. I promise I didn't make it up. I still say we hire DV.

I remember that too. Wasn't that long ago either. If he didn't say it directly he intimated such.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:
It's cool. Cory found it.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
brokeu91 said:
If I were Stan Kroenke, I would hire Dick Vermiel to be the football czar of the franchise

I won't pretend to be a GM, so I'd let them make the decisions on who to draft/sign, but I would want someone in charge who I could trust to make those decisions.

Coach Vermiel is a poor choise, he is to busy pushing & drinking his wine from city to city. now you want some one really good? Shell out the BIG BUCKS Stan hire X..... get someone that listens to us, we always give the best advice, right? Should have be done long ago. I can see a Superbowl coming.