In midst of #ClampSeason, Rams' Janoris Jenkins bets on himself /Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You're way too high for Johnson.

He's good, but he's not playing at the level of Alterraun Verner on his contract year which netted him 6.4 on average.
What's ones worth? How do we measure worth? hmmm?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/28/top-10-nfl-secondaries-this-season/
4. St. Louis Rams
Cornerbacks: Janoris Jenkins (85.9), Trumaine Johnson (82.8), Lamarcus Joyner (74.9)

Safeties: T.J. McDonald (80.5), Rodney McLeod (76.8)

The youth movement that began for the Rams with the Robert Griffin III trade is now producing in a big way. All five of the above players are only in their fourth season or less, with an average age of 25—and they’re progressively getting better. Janoris Jenkins, the veteran among the group, is PFF’s eighth-ranked cornerback, McDonald is No. 2 among safeties in overall run stop percentage, and Rodney McLeod has only allowed four receptions for 14 yards when he is in primary coverage, good for the fourth fewest yards allowed among safeties. In addition, 2014 second-round pick Joyner has five total QB pressures, including two sacks, from his slot cornerback position.

Average standard NFL QB rating allowed: 99.6

Interceptions: 4

Standout stat(s): Slot CB Lamarcus Joyner would be tied for the team lead in sacks (two) for the Atlanta Falcons.

I like JJ. and Tru...I think we need to keep all this home-grown talent....Why draft risky players, develop them, then let them leave via free agency? Makes no sense....

MFaulk107

The Realness
I was shitting on Jenkins this off season because of how he was playing late last season, missing and allowing tackles to be broken, giving up some pretty big plays.
If he keeps playing how he is NOW, than I think we best of pay him and keep him.

RamsFan14

Starter
You are looking too far down the line ogletree has a year left and a 5th year option GRob has 2yrs and a 5th year option and by that time players like Long and jl are gonna be off the books so the numbers will get better honestly our contract situation is very good to where I don't see us losing a lot of talent

I mean sure, I am looking down the line, but how can you keep all the talent if you have to pay them? I feel like you're going to have to pick and choose who you believe is more valuable because you can't pay everyone. Perhaps I'm wrong and perhaps I'm thinking way too deeply about this. Just my two cents. Just feel like these players will be asking for too much money and there won't be a way to sign everyone.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean sure, I am looking down the line, but how can you keep all the talent if you have to pay them? I feel like you're going to have to pick and choose who you believe is more valuable because you can't pay everyone. Perhaps I'm wrong and perhaps I'm thinking way too deeply about this. Just my two cents. Just feel like these players will be asking for too much money and there won't be a way to sign everyone.
I definitely understand what you're saying. I just think if the players don't price themselves out and if the Rams offer them fair market value I think we can keep them all to be honest. The defense is finally playing like it should and the main reason is that these guys have all been playing together for the longest I honestly feel like the players really like each other and the coaches so they will take a little less money to stay with a team and players they like playing for