In A Rams Elite Defense - There's a name that should be mentioned more often

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
While the Rams And Branden Staley are putting on a clinic, on how a sound,stingy,in your face defense should be played.
And a long list of players that are making this defense a special one in Ram fans hearts everywhere.
With players like AD, Ramsey, Williams, Floyd putting fear into QB's across the league,
There is a name that should be mentioned in the same breath with the King Nasty's
mentioned above.

While doing some research on our future at OLB should Floyd not be retained, I stumbled across
some numbers of a interior player who, I knew I had heard his name called quite a bit in the play by play.
But did not realize that he was actually the leading tackler on the entire Rams Defensive Line.

Sebastian Joseph-Day leads our Dline with 20 (espn stats) or 23 (pff stats)solo tackles with AD coming in second with 15.
it also puts him tied at 6th place for all Dlineman in the NFL.
1606005682957.png

He also boasts a PFF 73.4 overall rating up from 63.0 grade from last year. Not too shabby for a kid who played
his college ball for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights and was one of four 6th round picks taken by Mr Snead in the 2018 draft

Let's give a ROD shout out to another Rams late round draft pick who has, by far, exceeded expectations
bestowed upon a 3rd year, 6th round pick.

Give'em Hell SJD!! Thank You for helping make this the best Damned DLine in the League!!

1606004905961.png

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
wow, didn't realize he was producing that well. it's good when your Dline is producing more & more tackles vs. your safties.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he's been good. He had a nice shed & tackle right away vs Seattle, played very well. Keeps his feet under himself well too, I think that's where he's better than Gaines. But both can jam it up.

TexasRam

Legend
SDJ plays his ass off and that's what I love about him. He doesn't have Pro Bowl talent but fight every down and it makes a difference.

Lots of people have characterized him as a huge liabilty but when I look at tape I don't see that. He wins his share of battles and doesn't stop till the whistle. Good player to have in the rotation fighting in the trenches and making Olineman work.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
SJD is stout. Even when he loses a rep he doesn't get blown off the ball. He's gold when you consider where he was taken. SJD and Fuller in the 6th round is some great scouting and drafting.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I just want to thank Baby Jesus McSnead 8 lbs 3 oz for giving us some good to great football.
The future is bright i gotta wear shades

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SDJ plays his ass off and that's what I love about him. He doesn't have Pro Bowl talent but fight every down and it makes a difference.
Couldn't have said it any better myself TR. Hard not to love players like SJD. 110% 100% of the time.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to thank Baby Jesus McSnead 8 lbs 3 oz for giving us some good to great football.
The future is bright i gotta wear shades
Sounds like you have a Baby Jesus McSnead shrine just like me.
Candle, incense the whole works. :biggrin:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The biggest surprise for me this year has been our run defense. I mentioned it a while back but we haven’t held teams under 100 ypg rushing since 2001. And we’re currently STOUT against it. It’s been a lot of fun to watch this defense.

Might have to strap Staley to a chair in the off-season so he doesn’t leave.

fearsomefour

Legend
I spent most of the off season talking up Jospeh Day and getting lambasted on the board.
Didn’t Gaines play well for part of a pre season game?
Anyway.....Jospeh-Day is a very good player.
Gets washed out occasionally vs the run or a double team but he is a consistent good player.
I was wrong about Boom at T.
I was right about Joseph-Day.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I spent most of the off season talking up Jospeh Day and getting lambasted on the board.
Didn’t Gaines play well for part of a pre season game?
Anyway.....Jospeh-Day is a very good player.
Gets washed out occasionally vs the run or a double team but he is a consistent good player.
I was wrong about Boom at T.
I was right about Joseph-Day.

@fearsomefour Nice ahead of time prediction Sir. Joseph-Day turned out pretty darn good indeed!
Regarding your "lambasted" comment. I know how you feel. I know what it's like to correctly predict certain things, but then given no credit at all when it happens. The people who had called you crazy... just hide in the shadows when your prediction turns out to be spot on. ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
@fearsomefour Nice ahead of time prediction Sir. Joseph-Day turned out pretty darn good indeed!
Regarding your "lambasted" comment. I know how you feel. I know what it's like to correctly predict certain things, but then given no credit at all when it happens. The people who had called you crazy... just hide in the shadows when your prediction turns out to be spot on. ;)
True.
Although I’ve expected harsher treatment for my doubting of Noteboom.
I deserve it.
Anyone want to light me up.....feel free!!

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Apologize didn't read the whole post.

Imho JJ is guiding adjusting readjusting etc etc etc, he's the most underrated imho.

Without him, the D just wouldn't be the same.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
True.
Although I’ve expected harsher treatment for my doubting of Noteboom.
I deserve it.
Anyone want to light me up.....feel free!!
The poster you re posting to posted Whit is completely out of the game,forever.

Fearsome imho you've been around for years,always been responsible respectful etc etc, No 1 has the right to blast your.

Did Boom do a good job yeah,but He isn't Whit. Period end of sentence.

Happy Holiday.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
@fearsomefour
Here's some things I've posted WAY before it was agreed upon by the majority. (People angrily called me names, and that I was not a ram fan, haha)

"The Rams will not be a winning football team until Jeff Fischer is gone." (was completely true)

"Todd Gurley's attitude hurts the team. He's not worth having anymore." (completely true)

"Daryl Henderson is going to be a very very good running back." (looks to be true)

"Goff is an above average QB, but not elite." (so far to date, true)

And here's a few of my WAY before predictions that are still in process:
"Whitworth will not play again this season." (said this immediately after his injury)
"Williams #31 will be JUST as valuable as Ramsey to the Rams, by October 2021." (said this about a month ago)
"Rams will not again make it to the superbowl until the 2021 season." (said this one in August of 2019)

(I hope I'm wrong about Whit and this year's Rams superbowl chances)

GO Los Angeles RAMS!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
The poster you re posting to posted Whit is completely out of the game,forever.

Fearsome imho you've been around for years,always been responsible respectful etc etc, No 1 has the right to blast your.

Did Boom do a good job yeah,but He isn't Whit. Period end of sentence.

Happy Holiday.
True about Whit.
But I am so happy Boom did well and proved me wrong I can’t wait to eat crow.
I guess turkey will have to do.

fearsomefour

Legend
Apologize didn't read the whole post.

Imho JJ is guiding adjusting readjusting etc etc etc, he's the most underrated imho.

Without him, the D just wouldn't be the same.
He slid down to LB spot a few times the last couple of games.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those stats surprise me to be honest .. I’ve never really rated SJD ... to me the only time he stood out was when he makes a tackle and did a silly celebration like he won the super bowl single handed

BUT ..

I must confess to not concentrating on him so I’ll give home first and start watching and hope he can keep up the great work the stats say he does

MachS

Hall of Fame

Totally agree. It's pretty telling that he's still starting after A'shawn was activated. He's an underrated athlete and is strong at the point of attack. With Obo activated off IR this week we'll be even better up front. And with the improvement shown from the offense the last two weeks, sky is the limit for this team if we can keep building.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's Tye Hill right? Please tell me Tye is finally getting the recognition he deserves :D