In 2020 Stafford played with partially torn UCL in right thumb, torn UCL in left elbow, broke rib cartilage and torn muscle in knee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This Rich Eisen-Stafford story the night before Stafford was drafted number 1 overall is stupendous
View: https://youtu.be/BAI2TU0vd4k

Eisen is correct, it's going to be an amazing storyline. I think in a good way. But it could also go the other way. Whatever happens though I am looking forward to rooting for 9 it's gonna be a season for the ages IMO.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think everyone is quick to dismiss the fact that we have John 'The Wolf of Ball Street' patiently sitting behind Stafford ready to pick up the reigns. ;)

One of the better back ups in the league IMO.
I think that's a really good claim based on 1.1 games played.
Damn it. That was supposed to say "bold claim" I even saw that I got autocorrected and went back to fix it. Didn't see it autocorrect again though.

Anyway, one of the ladies better backup QBs is a hell of an assumption when we've barely seen the cat play.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
On the one hand, unfortunately it sort of reinforces the "injury prone" narrative floating around.
On the other hand, I get a Black Knight vibe out of it:
images

View: https://youtu.be/ZmInkxbvlCs?t=84

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely agree, Goff is tough too. Not knocking him. But Stafford is on another level.

Sort of upsetting & could call a couple posters out on it,but Jared Goff is tough & took all kinds of hits as well.
We can go back to just players playing the QB postition.At some point players can get shell shocked.I look back at Nick Foles when Clay Matthews lit him up & to see him once again go out on a stretcher.Just look to Cinncy.
Whatever it is I’ll let Staffords play in a Rams jersey to view his toughness.He can be the toughest SOB in The NFL. It is what he does as a Ram. —Jared Goff was not one of my favorites,but always LOVED his positive attitude & toughness.For Matt Stafford he is 0 and 0 in my book.Yes I have seen clips of how he plays & takes a hit & dig that about him.
Broadway Joe was one of the greatest who played on one leg.It still doesn’t win championship.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one knows yet how good Matt Stafford will be for us, but I think he could have a memorable season for us next year. My initial gut response to the undisclosed injuries in 2020 was, "oh no."

But, we must remember that Stafford was always trying to overcome the deficiency of his Detroit defense. He always was under pressure to do it all himself, which made him vulnerable to holding the ball too long. No running game meant that he had to throw the ball too much. His defense couldn't help him and the offense get more opportunities, which again meant doing more risky things to win.

We need a stud center and screw anything else in the draft or FA until that happens. No more forcing our QB to HAVE to roll out to help the Oline as many times as Goff had to do. We must give him every opportunity to be protected with our run game and good Oline and we will be the scariest team on the planet in 2021.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Wolford post was somewhat sarcastic, but, I do believe he is a more then capable back up QB in our system.

nighttrain

Legend
Wolford post was somewhat sarcastic, but, I do believe he is a more then capable back up QB in our system.
and i would bet a huge amount that the next time he slides it will be feet first!

no more head down crap
train

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
and i would bet a huge amount that the next time he slides it will be feet first!

no more head down crap
train
Yeah, that was a tough lesson for sure! Great piece by Eisen! Hard to get excited seeing the season is sooooooo far away.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think everyone is quick to dismiss the fact that we have John 'The Wolf of Ball Street' patiently sitting behind Stafford ready to pick up the reigns. ;)

One of the better back ups in the league IMO.
I heard he's afraid of the white stuff though.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I don't think it diminishes how much I like Goff for me to say that I'm already loving Stafford.
Not in any way shape or form. All it simply says is that you love the Rams.
Prior to the trade I didn't like Stafford. Why? Because I have never watched a complete Lion game.
The more I educated myself on Stafford the more I liked him.
I too used to have dreams of McVay and Goff growing together into a Dynamic Duo in the league.
Just didn't happen. And now we move on.