IMO Hamlin's injury has probably changed Stafford's future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Stafford will play, as long as his body let's him.

A few more years is very realistic.

Ellard80

Legend
Those two things have absolutely zero connection.

I think Stafford will attempt to play as long as he can.... injuries may occur that harness this.

But I don't see him retiring out of "caution"..

He has spent his whole career getting shit on on a bad team - now he is in a situation where winning can happen.

He isn't giving that chance up easily.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Do people really worry about this so much? Like cross that bridge when we get there.
It’s an endless bridge that travels in a big circle for some it seems.

As far as this conversation I still believe in Stafford’s ability. I also see the merit in a conversation that involves Mayfield and contingencies.

No one wants to see the Rams fall off a cliff because the stud franchise QB retires, and you need that replacement QB to be more than just relevant. Pass the torch into capable hands, so to speak. There is an opportunity here, unlike in Tampa or Green Bay for example. They’re fucked when those QB’s are done.

It would be a helluva job if the Rams find a way to transition from Goff to Stafford to…another guy(like Mayfield) who can play.

If we don’t pull that off, the dark days could return in a hurry.