I'm warming to Andrus Peat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
First a couple disclaimers. 1. I am not sold on drafting someone to play ROT or OG in the top ten.
2. I am not a film watcher and will bow to those who grind through "film" to form a solid opinion .

It looks like all the pundits have A. Peat peg to us this morning of the draft. I have read opinions that he is soft, he is slow, he plays too high, he can't shift to inside, he is pear shaped, he only fits at LOT and we have one.

I remember a few years ago we passed on Haloti Gnata because of bad knees, bad attitude, too slow. We needed him. We should have taken him.
White, Cooper, Scherff will be gone IMO. We could do worse than taking a big man, smart man (Stanford), healthy, good character man in a position of need. Draft him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've read this too, but I've seen him play for 2 years....Naw, he's not Ram tough...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I've read this too, but I've seen him play for 2 years....Naw, he's not Ram tough...

I agree, slide and seal blocking does not seem like the kind of player Fisher wants. I don't hate this prospect but I would very shocked if the Rams drafted him and only because he does not seem to fit what Fisher wants.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm biased against Stanford (they rank among Duke and Notre Dame in my college hates), and I am biased against the Pac12 in general believing it's soft. I cringe when I see the "he went to Stanford so you know he's smart" -- instead of stereotyping you gotta examine the individual. Plenty of morons go to Stanford, book smart doesn't always mean intelligence or wisdom in the real world or football world, see Jonathan Martin's handling of the Incognito situation.

Now after saying all that, I'm not totally anti-Peat. I think he lives up to the cerebral label in a good way and will be a good player. The biggest thing that intrigues me is his father played in the NFL but never quite made it big. What I would want to know is if a drive to make it was passed down. Finally, there's just the question of his interest in violence -- it's like he's too smart to be overly violent and punish people, knowing that the goal of the play is to do his job by making the block, not necessarily pancaking anyone. If the Rams get him I can already see the same kinds of complaints people have against Laurinaitis -- "yes he does the job but doesn't hit hard enough!"

But I guess overall I, too, am warming to him...

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, slide and seal blocking does not seem like the kind of player Fisher wants. I don't hate this prospect but I would very shocked if the Rams drafted him and only because he does not seem to fit what Fisher wants.

Personally I would rather the Rams take a playmaker, what ever in the heck that means, but I need you people to help me with whether you or the Rams think that GROB is a lock LOT or is he the mauler guard and Peat is the slide and heavy punch LOT insurance policy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a stocked liquor cabinet, kleenex, and a barf bucket ready for in case they take Andrus Peat...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If I was a gambling man I'd bet we don't take Peat tonight.