I'm surprised GM candidates aren't poached from the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Considering the success of Brad Holmes and Les Snead's ability to mine the drafts without first round picks, I'm surprised that more interest in potential GM candidates aren't directed at the Rams. Someone like James Gladstone. He's young but has been with the Rams for 8 years in a scouting role, with the last 3 years as Director of Scouting Strategy, in which he works closely with Les Snead in developing and executing Snead's draft strategy.

He couldn't have a better mentor than Snead. His experience directly translates to the role of an NFL GM and Holme's quick turn around of the Lion's franchise illustrates how important the GM is to the process. I would expect Goldstone to eventually hit the radar of teams, especially say the Chargers who play in the same building. The problem with the Chargers and a lot of franchises is at the GM level, coupled with incompetent ownership.

Anyone who understands team building knows it starts with having a good GM. A poor GM isn't going to hire a good HC.