Im not an offensive coordinator but..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram77

Rookie
How the heck is New England the only team that seems to be able to adjust to hide its deficiencies?? They always have a great O-Line eventhough they lose one or 2 to FA each year. They overcome injuries on the Oline or at receiver. You know why? Its coaching plain and simple. Good teams adjust and overcome. Either McVay and/or Kromer are one-trick ponys and fall apart if one thing goes wrong or they will adjust. McVay was pounding the Niners defense on that first drive with runs and reverses. Then he stops calling those plays? WTF? Then he keeps throwing quick 5-10 yard passes that are smothered by Niners defenders. Kept going back to it all game. Try something different. Seems like McVay wants to keep going against all logic sometimes. He needs to get back to the basics

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Y'all aint listening... we did faster routes and screens last game.

Teams have been pressing us, crowding the line of scrimmage. We lead the NFL with the least amount of pass attempts over 20 yards.

Getting rid of the ball quick definately is logical.. but if a teams are trying to take that away because they don't fear our ability to make them pay.
Against the 9ers? I saw too many routes that Goff wasn't going to get to, and some plays where we weren't getting any separation while Goff was being chased around.

I'm listening, but I'm watching too, and I haven't seen too many teams struggle against the 9ers as we did.

Ram77

Rookie
Goff is regressing because of this Oline. Plain and simple. Over time he might become like Bradford (checkdown Charlie). Kind of already has. Fewest passes over 20 yards in the NFL. We were top 5 the past couple seasons.

Ellard80

Legend
Against the 9ers? I saw too many routes that Goff wasn't going to get to, and some plays where we weren't getting any separation while Goff was being chased around.

I'm listening, but I'm watching too, and I haven't seen too many teams struggle against the 9ers as we did.

Bro lol thats because he was getting sacked about two seconds after he got the ball.. and no one was open - mostly on short routes. You didn't see all the conversions that failed because we had guys trying to run 6 yard routes for the first down but the 49ner DB's were all over it?

The one longer route was actually what was open.

You haven't seen teams struggle against hte 49ners like we did? Did you watch the Cleveland game.

The 49ners have the #1 defense in the NFL.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Goff is regressing because of this Oline. Plain and simple. Over time he might become like Bradford (checkdown Charlie). Kind of already has. Fewest passes over 20 yards in the NFL. We were top 5 the past couple seasons.
Think Kirk Cousins last year. Not Bradford. He will be fine once he has time to actually look downfield. You need to run the ball. And I mean to keep running the ball. It's the only way to open up Play action. Even if it gets stuffed. Gurly, Brown it doesn't matter. Then when you get to PA Goff needs to roll out to one side to give him time to throw. It won't always work, but it will some of the time.

Now, I'm not an OC either, but I did see the Refs screw the lions over last. Does that count?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Bro lol thats because he was getting sacked about two seconds after he got the ball.. and no one was open - mostly on short routes.

The one longer route was actually what was open.

You haven't seen teams struggle against hte 49ners like we did? Did you watch the Cleveland game.

The 49ners have the #1 defense in the NFL.
No, I watched the Steelers game from the week before and they were getting the ball out like it was a hot potato. I think that's how you have to play them.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Think Kirk Cousins last year. Not Bradford. He will be fine once he has time to actually look downfield. You need to run the ball. And I mean to keep running the ball. It's the only way to open up Play action. Even if it gets stuffed. Gurly, Brown it doesn't matter. Then when you get to PA Goff needs to roll out to one side to give him time to throw. It won't always work, but it will some of the time.

Now, I'm not an OC either, but I did see the Refs screw the lions over last. Does that count?
I love you raptor

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

The NFL equivalent of staying at a Holiday Inn Express...

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The other thing that will help is to go up-tempo. Start the first drive in the two-minute drill. Don't let them substitute players. I am always amazed by how many teams don't ever do this. Personally, I think it really throws off defenses. Call a series of plays before they go out and just run them fast. I always thought about having 5 or 6 plays run from the same setup. Players in the exact same position but different plays. You don't give away what you are doing. Run the same play from the same set up twice, then come back to the same setup and run a different play out of that setup.

But then, I'm not an OC.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The other thing that will help is to go up-tempo. Start the first drive in the two-minute drill. Don't let them substitute players. I am always amazed by how many teams don't ever do this. Personally, I think it really throws off defenses. Call a series of plays before they go out and just run them fast. I always thought about having 5 or 6 plays run from the same setup. Players in the exact same position but different plays. You don't give away what you are doing. Run the same play from the same set up twice, then come back to the same setup and run a different play out of that setup.

But then, I'm not an OC.

I kept looking for them to go no huddle

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Must be a love-hate relationship. Why just yesterday you were telling me to go away.. :giggle:
Lol that had more to do with me being tired of the constant negativity and reading your post which seemed to be "stirring the pot" just a tad. Sorry about that buddy, hopefully you can forgive me. I was just trying to clean this board up a little. Freelancing, like Marcus Peter's. Lol

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Lol that had more to do with me being tired of the constant negativity and reading your post which seemed to be "stirring the pot" just a tad. Sorry about that buddy, hopefully you can forgive me. I was just trying to clean this board up a little. Freelancing, like Marcus Peter's. Lol
I don't take things like that personally on boards. It makes it easier to survive. Besides If you call me names I have a standard response that goes like this. "I have been called worse things by better people than you." Always takes people aback.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I don't take things like that personally on boards. It makes it easier to survive. Besides If you call me names I have a standard response that goes like this. "I have been called worse things by better people than you." Always takes people aback.
Lol I tend to tell people "That joke's so old the last time it was told my grandma couldn't even laugh, she had to roll over and poop on herself."...
Then they realize how retarded I am and have mercy on my and go away.