I'm a Ram fan living in Cowboy Land.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
I see every Cowboy game. The Key to beating the Cowboys is stopping the Cowboy's Offense. The Cowboys win when they score more than 20 points!

After the trade, Amari Cooper made the Cowboys a better team whether he shows up or not. 3 TD's in a game and 9 yards receiving the next game. Amari takes pressure off of Ezekiel Elliott and the other Cowboy receivers. Cole Beasley is the Cooper Kupp of the Cowboys. The young Cowboy TE's are slowly improving but the WR's are a bit beaten up. Even so Beasley limps his way into open space. Beasley is sneaky.

Ezekiel Elliott constantly looks like he's gonna get busted at the line of scrimmage and suddenly he ends up with a 5 yard gain. Defenders take the wrong angle on Elliott as he turns the corner on sweeps. Elliott is faster than he looks. Elliott is an excellent receiver! Elliott is by far the best player on the Cowboys.

The key to stopping the Cowboy offense is forcing the Dak Prescott into bad decisions. Rams defense must pressure Prescott. The 2018 Cowboy offensive line isn't as good as the 2016 version. So our Rams need to apply heavy pressure on Prescott because Dak makes bad decisions when he's hurried. You don't need to sack Dak. Just hurry him and he will short out Cowboy drives. The Cowboys offensive line HOLDS more these days then in the past but will the refs call it? One more thing- Because of the offensive line woes the Cowboy Red Zone offense pales compared to the Boy's offense between the 20's. Dak hasn't settled on a favorite Red Zone receiver.

I could nick pick but I won't. The Cowboys don't have an obvious Defensive Achilles heel. They really don't. The entire defense Over Achieves. You could argue that Eight of the Cowboys defensive players surprised to the upside. Perhaps the Ram's coaches will spot weaknesses on game tape that the rest of the NFL hasn't exploited yet. After all many of the Cowboy's defensive players are so young that maybe their flaws haven't been exposed yet?

The front seven are tough to run against. The Backside are solid. The front seven are adept at pressuring the QB. And the Cowboy defensive backs break up bunches of passes but ironically don't intercept many. That said, I'm sure the Ram's receivers will get open and if the Ram offensive line can provide time for Goff, the Cowboy defense can beaten through the air and on the ground. But it isn't easy. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys use linebacker Jalen Ramsey to shadow Gurley. Ramsey is very fast from sideline to sideline.

Early in the year the Cowboy defense didn't generate turnovers. However that's changed a bit in the last several games. Although obvious, it's imperative that the Rams Not Turn the Ball over!

The Rams have the better special teams. The Tavon Austin curse continues as his punt returns for TD's are usually called back because of penalty. The Cowboy kicker isn't as accurate as Greg the Leg but that Cowboy kicker can kick a 65 yard field goal if he kicks strait. I look for the Rams Special Teams to outperform the Cowboys. I predict that Prescott will turn the ball over several times. I predict the Rams win 35- 24 boosted by one or two defensive and special team touchdowns!

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
All true statements.
Make Dak stand in the oocket read and throw and he is average.
Problem is the Rams have shown no ability to stop the run (RB or QB) or shut down primary receiving targets all year.
I expect a shoot out.
I think the Rams have to put up 35 to win.
They are capable of doing that of course.
But, if the Rams are going to control the Cowboy offense they have to run the ball and control the clock.
And an 8 minute drive to kick a FG doesn't mean a lot when the team has a D that is a question mark.
So, the OL has a tough assignment against a good front seven and they have to win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To hear Cowboys fans speak you’d think we all live in Cowboys territory. I want a lot there on Saturday so the can go home crying and reevaluate their life choices that led to them being Cowboys fans and they’ll never want to be at a Rams game again.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why is the wave banned at Jones' ATT&T Stadium?

4 Cowboy fans drowned in it last year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great write up RamsAndEwe. I’m hoping we see a bit different Rams team that can soften up that D with CJ up the middle and Gurley playing a mix of receiver/RB.

I also think we will put a lot of pressure on Dak and show up in the run game as they have lately.

Go Rams - kick some cowgirl ass.

BTW - I used to live in sea chicken land so I feel your pain.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm an LA girl, in a Cowboy world
These fans are plastic, they're craptastic
They can kiss my ass, they're living in the past
Full of delusion, that's my conclusion

Come on Gurley, let's go party

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup... I live here too. Right now, I'm very glad the Rams don't have to play PHI. Very dangerous team.

It's certainly been the tale of two seasons for DAL. But the Cooper acquisition definitely changed the dynamic. Fans made fun of Jerruh for ponying up that much for Cooper... but who's laughing now? You have to account for him. And that takes some of the ability to stack the box and stop Elliott. If the Rams stymie the running game (that's what DAL will want to do - run Elliott), they'd better also have good pass protection.

Cole Beasley is the Cooper Kupp of the Cowboys.
Beasley is sneaky.
Beasley isn't as good as Kupp, IMO... but he will be on the field Saturday. Bears watching.

Elliott is faster than he looks. Elliott is an excellent receiver! Elliott is by far the best player on the Cowboys.
I agree... he is a very good back... right up there with Gurley. And he is faster than you think... he does get to the edge quickly!

The 2018 Cowboy offensive line isn't as good as the 2016 version.
Agree here as well. But, they are affording Prescott a decent amount of time and opening holes for Elliott. They're as good as the Rams Oline, IMO. They key will be how (if) Williams handles Donald.

Dak makes bad decisions when he's hurried.
He's better lately than he used to be earlier in the season... but I agree that, if rattled, he'll make a mistake or two (probably fumble). BUT... the Rams had better have a spy on him!! It's been his legs lately that have really hurt opponents. Do NOT let him run all around, or the Rams will be in trouble.

The front seven are tough to run against. The Backside are solid. The front seven are adept at pressuring the QB. And the Cowboy defensive backs break up bunches of passes but ironically don't intercept many. That said, I'm sure the Ram's receivers will get open and if the Ram offensive line can provide time for Goff, the Cowboy defense can beaten through the air and on the ground. But it isn't easy. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys use linebacker Jalen Ramsey to shadow Gurley. Ramsey is very fast from sideline to sideline.
The defense is FAST! Use that against them... counters... draws... screens... let them get a good head of steam.. going in the wrong direction! ;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could argue over the past 9 games that they are a better team than we are. This game already has me anxious and it's only Monday..

Ram65

Legend
They really have turned things around in Dallas. It's almost like watching two different teams. Getting Cooper has made the difference along with playing LVE. Jaylon Smith is all over the field with his speed.

The key to stopping the Cowboy offense is forcing the Dak Prescott into bad decisions. Rams defense must pressure Prescott. The 2018 Cowboy offensive line isn't as good as the 2016 version. So our Rams need to apply heavy pressure on Prescott because Dak makes bad decisions when he's hurried. You don't need to sack Dak. Just hurry him and he will short out Cowboy drives. The Cowboys offensive line HOLDS more these days then in the past but will the refs call it? One more thing- Because of the offensive line woes the Cowboy Red Zone offense pales compared to the Boy's offense between the 20's. Dak hasn't settled on a favorite Red Zone receiver.

Agree Dak can make bad decisions when hurried.

Last edited: