I'm a board orphan!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User

I'm a bored orphan too. Good luck:

How To Fix the 404 Not Found Error

1. Retry the web page by pressing F5, clicking the refresh/reload button, or trying the URL from the address bar again.

The 404 Not Found error might appear for several reasons even though no real issue exists, so sometimes a simple refresh will often load the page you were looking for.
  2. Check for errors in the URL. Often times the 404 Not Found error appears because the URL was typed wrong or the link that was clicked on points to the wrong URL.
  3. Move up one directory level at a time in the URL until you find something.

For example, if www.web.com/a/b/c.htm gave you the 404 Not Found error, move up to www.web.com/a/b/. If you get nothing here (or an error), move up towww.web.com/a/. This should lead you toward what you're looking for or at least confirm that it's no longer available.

Tip: If you have moved all the way up to the website's homepage, try to run a search for the information you're looking for. If the site doesn't have a search function, try navigating to the page you want using category links to dig deeper into the site.
  4. Search for the page at a popular search engine. It's possible that you simply have the entirely wrong URL in which case a quick Google or Bing search should get you where you want to go.

If you do find the page you were after, update your bookmark or favorite to avoid the HTTP 404 error in the future.
  5. Clear your browser's cache if you have any indication that the 404 Not Found message might just be yours. For example, if you can reach the URL from your phone but not from your tablet, clearing the cache on your tablet's browser might help.

TSRF

UDFA
Name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X, at first I thought you were kidding, but my link to Ramsbuzz just took me here.

No offense, I think you have a great board here, but I kind of liked the old backwater board. What happened?