If you were going to play Robinson exclusively at Guard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just the thought of having a strong, healthy OL warms my soul. I think Robinson and Saffold would give the Rams a shit ton of options in the run game because they are strong enough to be road graters, yet fast enough to pull and smash you at the first and second level. I believe they are both well suited to protect the interior pocket on passing downs, which I think gets over looked quite a bit. You can have the best tackles on earth but ur QB is no good if there are guys free up the middle. I just think the guard position has evolved and become almost if not AS important as OT.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I guess I never answered the question up there ^^^, but I imagine you all inferred that the answer is yes. Draft him and lets go single handedly make the running back a featured position in the NFL again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Other pieces to leave him inside his entire career? Unknown.

I hope that he'd eventually move out to OT, but if the organization believed that he was Larry Allen Part Deux, I'd hope that the Rams would select him, even if it's #2 overall. With Saffold and Robinson at guard, Stacy could look more like Emmitt Smith instead of averaging only 3.8 or 3.9 ypc.

So many are harping on the wideouts, but if this team can get a full time back up to 4.5-5.0 yards per carry with a physical rushing attack, that would help the offense and team more than any WR, IMO.

Hard to argue with this.

I think it's why I love football so much. Building a team is a complex set of combinations and strategy.

I think I'd rather draft a full time OG at 2 than a part time OLB (Mack) but given the choice I'd take neither.

fearsomefour

Legend
Robinson is a man mountain. At guard he would a flat out beast. But at right tackle he'd get some shove aswell! People are down on his pass pro skills but he's not really had a chance to hone them yet. Auburn didn't pass the football. Period. He'll improve as he gains experience and coaching at the next level. If he starts to play with technique and leverage, and bends at the knee more instead of the waist then he'll be unstoppable with those quick feet, long arms and raw strength. Has he got it in him to improve himself that much? Are bad habits ingrained? Or is it just a lack of experience? Don't know. That's why the scouts and coaches get big bucks I suppose.
So that's the run with Robinson isent it? When I see a guy playing with such subpar technique it raises a flag with me. Has he not bothered to embrace it because he has not needed to? A guy who plays with bad balance and doesn't bend well is a disaster at T (hell Grant Williams).
He is a massive guy with great strength and quick feet. But (just my opinion) he plays with bad balance a lot, lunges and reaches.
I think he has to play inside to start because he will get eaten alive at T if he starts there....at least for awhile.