If you were an opposing defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which Rams' offensive weapon would you "fear"? I think that answer to that is also the key to our offensive woes. The absolute one man wrecking crew that was gurley is gone. The game breaking speedster in Cooks is gone. Hell, even Watkins had to be covered by the teams number 1 corner. Gone. Mcvay had a similar issue in washington. Jackson and Garcon were good , but they really needed "that guy" (it was Reed when he was healthy). Woods and Kupp need that guy to move them down the pecking order and take pressure off of them. I think the Rams badly need to be looking towards adding that guy in the off-season. If we can find the cap that is.

Rams77

Starter
Could have had Calvin Ridley if we didn’t trade a 1st for Cooks-but then again Cooks helped us immensely in 2018. Hoping Van Jefferson blossoms into that role

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Higbee has been out man. Don't forget that when the Rams are in 12 personell with Woods, Kupp, Higbee, Everett, and Hendo, the offense is very hard to defend. Who in that list can't win against single coverage unless its vs a top 1% elite CB?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Higbee has been out man. Don't forget that when the Rams are in 12 personell with Woods, Kupp, Higbee, Everett, and Hendo, the offense is very hard to defend. Who in that list can't win against single coverage unless its vs a top 1% elite CB?
Vs an elite cb? I don't think we have anyone who will win consistently. I think you're kind of helping me clarify my point. Who is that guy on this offense that's gonna be the x factor against elite coverage? Because Goff was putrid yesterday but I felt like receivers weren't too open either. Just like the San Francisco game where we all got mad at Goff (and he deserved it a little) but no one pointed out that Kupp and Woods couldn't shake off their dbs all night.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could have had Calvin Ridley if we didn’t trade a 1st for Cooks-but then again Cooks helped us immensely in 2018. Hoping Van Jefferson blossoms into that role
And we took Rapp over dk.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I 100% agree. Had the same thought yesterday QBs like Goff need a bonafide number one WR. Goff and Matt Ryan are probably on the same level - Goff can play like an MVP, but he will need a top 5 WR. It's time to play Van and see if he has that potential

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yikes!. Yep. 4 picks in front.

Yeah, guys like Metcalf make the QB stats much better. Good golly what a TD catch and run yesterday... All Metcalf, but counted as TD pass for Wilson too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams dont have a guy who can get deep, take the lid off. Forget Reynolds, he's just cheap version of Woods/Kupp. Does Webster have straight line speed?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We do have a possession wideout group. None are really explosive big play types. It's a fair criticism, part of the issue with our passing game too.

But even if we have nobody who can win vs a CB1 consistently that CB1 is still taken away from the defense on Woody or Kupp. Then the second of Woody/Kupp fares better vs that CB2, although often that CB2 will get help if it's a matchup prob. So this is why I keep saying we need to see Jefferson start over Reynolds, because Jefferson will give you a few more opportunities over a game than JRey will and that might make the difference.

If they can get Jefferson to the point where he's eating up that third corner I think we'll fare better.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Vs an elite cb? I don't think we have anyone who will win consistently. I think you're kind of helping me clarify my point. Who is that guy on this offense that's gonna be the x factor against elite coverage? Because Goff was putrid yesterday but I felt like receivers weren't too open either. Just like the San Francisco game where we all got mad at Goff (and he deserved it a little) but no one pointed out that Kupp and Woods couldn't shake off their dbs all night.
No team has 5 elite cbs. Ok, you stick a Ramsey talent on one, what? Double another? That still leaves 3 dudes that can win 1v1.
The problem is the Pass blocking man. Rewatch the game highlights.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I've often thot that this was such a major gaffe, a real stunner, Metcalf on our roster would be a dream scenario
train

But at the time, we had Kupp, Woods, and then Cooks on a long contract. I don't see how it would have been a need to draft Metcalf, not that I wouldn't love to see him in horns, but WR was not a need at that point and we had just let Joyner walk.

As far as the original post goes, I think Woods would be my answer. He scored both TD's yesterday and he is super consistent. But honestly, there isn't any one guy to fear, not since 2018 Gurley.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I 100% agree. Had the same thought yesterday QBs like Goff need a bonafide number one WR. Goff and Matt Ryan are probably on the same level - Goff can play like an MVP, but he will need a top 5 WR. It's time to play Van and see if he has that potential
I often think about ATL too. They had Julio and still took ridley in the first round. Because, like to I'm said, Ryan is better as a guy who just facilitates to dynamic playmakers. That's Goff too imo.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yikes!. Yep. 4 picks in front.

Yeah, guys like Metcalf make the QB stats much better. Good golly what a TD catch and run yesterday... All Metcalf, but counted as TD pass for Wilson too.
And he had the one thing we haven't had in years. A huge bodied receiver.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams dont have a guy who can get deep, take the lid off. Forget Reynolds, he's just cheap version of Woods/Kupp. Does Webster have straight line speed?
Don't think so. I'd try to see if I can pounce on Will fuller.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No team has 5 elite cbs. Ok, you stick a Ramsey talent on one, what? Double another? That still leaves 3 dudes that can win 1v1.
The problem is the Pass blocking man. Rewatch the game highlights.
Heck no man. The dolphins were sending max pressure. You can't go five wide and leave your 5 lineman to guard 6 rushers. That's exactly why we need a receiver who can get open quickly 1v1. So we can leave extra blockers in if necessary.

And you don't need elite cbs for woods, Everett, Reynolds.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But at the time, we had Kupp, Woods, and then Cooks on a long contract. I don't see how it would have been a need to draft Metcalf, not that I wouldn't love to see him in horns, but WR was not a need at that point and we had just let Joyner walk.

As far as the original post goes, I think Woods would be my answer. He scored both TD's yesterday and he is super consistent. But honestly, there isn't any one guy to fear, not since 2018 Gurley.
To be fair we had Kupp and Woods and then drafted jefferson who is basically a clone baby of both of them.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agree with you at the end. I think defenses are comfortable playing their way against us because there's no x factor to take them out of what they like to do.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've often thot that this was such a major gaffe, a real stunner, Metcalf on our roster would be a dream scenario
train
I remember a lot of posters wanted him. I actually preferred one of the tight ends but for the same reason (I thought they'd be major red zone options)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't think so. I'd try to see if I can pounce on Will fuller.
Man that would be sweet. You'd have to figure his price will be high since he all but guarantees a 3rd-4th round comp pick