If You Could Pick ONE Receiver to Rely on...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best Clutch Receiver in a Super Bowl

• Flipper Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Trees

• Henry Ellard

• Pacua Nakua BEfore Pads

• Total voters

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Hey, let’s be fair to Danario: his knees were shot in high school. The fact that he even made the NFL with two bum knees speaks volumes to his dedication, drive, and talent.

Ok fine...

Drew Bennett

oldnotdead

Legend
If it's with Stafford in a McVay offense then it's Kupp. I can't imagine another receiver being a better fit here.

If it's Warner in a Martz offense then it's Bruce for the same reason. The definitive receiver for that team and Bruce had more clutch plays than anyone.

Absolutely no fucking question.

TexasRam

Legend
My question was directed to one big game. I have never seen a WR like Kupp in horns, where everyone knew to whom the ball was coming. Especially Kupp in the last drive vs Tom Brady's Buccs or vs the Bengals, catching that No-Looker from Matthew. It was so clutch...

Now I love me some Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce, but they had each other during GSOT days. Throw in Az, and the opposing defenses didn't know where Kurt was throwing. Everyone KNEW that Kupp was getting the ball and couldn't stop him. The playoffs and Super Bowl 56 (plus the regular season) is one that I will never forget.
Hundy percent. Exactly how I see it. There is something greater then stats that has to enter the convo. What happens when everyone knows where the ball is going in the biggest games and a player cannot be stopped. That is greatness man. The Tampa, Niners/Championship and Bengals/Super bowl showed us who that guy was. And he did it in so many different ways. Tampa it was the go route with his ability to get behind the defense with the game on the line. SF game it was the juke and slant critical third down. Super Bowl it was what, 8 different plays on the final drive including an end around and several different routes ran to perfection to get open. They had to resort to mugging him several times and still he could not be stopped when he was the only legit option. Mcvays wisest coaching decision of his career was to put the game in the hands of #10 to secure the Lombardi. That's how reliable Kupp is.

nighttrain

Legend
, "Et tu, train?" ~ Big Game

@nighttrain
loved those Rams with Warner, Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. That was a complete offence, Rams made the mistake of letting go Vermeil and going with Martz, who was a great offensive coordinator, but a lousy Head Coach.

I read the question as the ONE receiver of those two eras, those would be Kupp, and Bruce.
train

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do think Ikes game winning catch and run is CRIMINALLY underrated and is the best play in Super Bowl history. It was all him too.

Nobody else is in this conversation other than Ike and Kupp for me.

I'll go with Kupp though...that Super Bowl drive and his playoff run in general was just insane.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to pick Bruce. He is one of my favorite Rams. Hell of a route runner, and he made it look effortless. I understand what everyone is saying about, Kupp. and I agree wholeheartedly. I picked Bruce.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No wr ever has done what Kupp did in the run up to the superbowl win. He was the guy, everyone knew he was the guy and they couldn't stop him.

The only other wr I've seen that was comparable was Larry Fitzgerald the year the cards made the superbowl. He was an unstoppable force.