If you could only add one more free agent ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If you could only add one more free agent, who do you want?

• Tyrann Mathieu

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Stephon Gilmore

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • Akiem Hicks

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm torn on Clowney or Matthieu. What I think Clowney can be playing next to AD is what he was supposed to be coming out of college IMO. Matthieu is so versatile that he could make Ramsey into a better player even, and is a turnover machine.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Honestly this shouldn't even been a question anymore. To be concerned over a this a few years ago made sense, but now no way. Arguably the best thing about McVay is the culture he's built and his ability to coach and bring out the best in all different types of players/personalities. Even ones that may of had issues with other franchises never seem to be a problem once they get to LA.

Desean says Hi,
sorry had to.

giphy.gif

In truth, if McVay vets them and says OK then I think his record speaks for itself.

Last edited:

MachS

Hall of Fame
Desean says Hi,
sorry had to.

View attachment 53550
In truth, if McVay vets them and says OK then I think his record speaks for itself.
Yea I agree McVay has earned all the trust in the world to bring in whatever player. And I dont think the DJax asking for the ball issue was a big deal. Nor was Woods when he was unhappy with his role and wanted more touches. McVay didn't allow things to grow and managed those situations pretty flawlessly IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tyrann Devine Mathieu is Eric Weddle 2.0...I'm good with that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What in house guys? Hollins? Garrett? T Lewis cant be expected to play significant snaps. I highly doubt we're content with our edge situation given those names. There are still a number of guys out there unsigned and I wouldn't be surprised to see a move after the draft. A Donald/Kupp contract could open up more money if we need it as well.
Yeah we're gonna be looking OLB with that round three pick. Question is how does that edge look vs the other guys available. Do teams pick them over which is always likely with pass rushers even a deep group like this.

So somewhere in this draft they're gonna take a shot at a rotation add because that room needs help. Edge & Corner really stand out as fucking ugly on this roster right now.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yea I agree McVay has earned all the trust in the world to bring in whatever player. And I dont think the DJax asking for the ball issue was a big deal. Nor was Woods when he was unhappy with his role and wanted more touches. McVay didn't allow things to grow and managed those situations pretty flawlessly IMO.
Agreed, The difference is it did lead to the loss of a potential asset in DJ which we would certainly like to avoid moving forward with FA's.
The track record is still great but the DJ situation didn't reap the ideal or intended conclusion.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Honestly this shouldn't even been a question anymore. To be concerned over a this a few years ago made sense, but now no way. Arguably the best thing about McVay is the culture he's built and his ability to coach and bring out the best in all different types of players/personalities. Even ones that may of had issues with other franchises never seem to be a problem once they get to LA.
Not sure about that. Wasting a couple million on DJax wasn't great. He didn't fit and that move may have cost them a FA signing this yr since they blew $3M plus on him.

Matthieu will cost more than Djax, so he has to fit. Can't blow cap space on any player who may not fit. So it to be considered.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about that. Wasting a couple million on DJax wasn't great. He didn't fit and that move may have cost them a FA signing this yr since they blew $3M plus on him.

Matthieu will cost more than Djax, so he has to fit. Can't blow cap space on any player who may not fit. So it to be considered.
I agree, that’s the argument for Gilmore IMO

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Matthieu we can count on to be on the field. The same can’t be said of Gilmore. I’m going with the more dependable one.