If you could only add one more free agent ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If you could only add one more free agent, who do you want?

• Tyrann Mathieu

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Stephon Gilmore

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • Akiem Hicks

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which one would you take?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(And yes, I want to know who we get NOW! I never liked waiting till Christmas day to open my presents either.)

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Mathieu. He brings versatility and excellent play making skills.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'd be ecstatic if we can sign Gilmore/Matheiu as well as a cheap vet Edge still available.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'd be ecstatic if we can sign Gilmore/Matheiu as well as a cheap vet Edge still available.
If they sign a vet edge it will be next season if the in house guys disappoint. Another trade deadline deal or maybe a start of season addition if camp does not go well at that position.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd take either of the DBs. Gilmore if he can stay healthy could be a hell of a nice signing. Maybe he does in LA. Matheiu played in preservation mode and I think teams are leery of him but he might be able to be that guy of a couple years back. Either would probably be maximized in LA.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Easily Gilmore. The presence of two shutdown corners for Rochell and another draft pick (or two) to learn from? That's gold in this passing league.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I’m going outside the box but only because I have question marks on both Gilmore (injury prone?) and Matthieu (team fit). If I could be sure that neither of those issue would arise I’d go with the Gilmore/Matthieu combo but as that isn’t going to happen….

I’d go with a Kyle Van Noy/Bryce Callahan combo.

Van Noy can still get to the passer and would only look better next to AD and Callahan comes from a similar scheme at the Broncos. If this could be done after the draft it doesn’t affect our comp picks either.

Name
A Really Cool
Definitely Tyrann just because of where he can line up and how we could use him in the secondary. Him and Ramsey moving all over the field could provide problems for opposing offenses.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With our RB room a mash unit last year, they really need a third option along with someone fresh in the draft.

Melvin Gordon is still a productive RB and is good in the passing game.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If they sign a vet edge it will be next season if the in house guys disappoint. Another trade deadline deal or maybe a start of season addition if camp does not go well at that position.
What in house guys? Hollins? Garrett? T Lewis cant be expected to play significant snaps. I highly doubt we're content with our edge situation given those names. There are still a number of guys out there unsigned and I wouldn't be surprised to see a move after the draft. A Donald/Kupp contract could open up more money if we need it as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I cant pick. lol

Mathieu intrigues me in how he could be used. But, does he fit the team culture?

Gilmore would be amazing if he can stay on the field. But, that concerns me.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
I cant pick. lol

Mathieu intrigues me in how he could be used. But, does he fit the team culture?

Gilmore would be amazing if he can stay on the field. But, that concerns me.
My thoughts exactly

MachS

Hall of Fame
Honestly this shouldn't even been a question anymore. To be concerned over a this a few years ago made sense, but now no way. Arguably the best thing about McVay is the culture he's built and his ability to coach and bring out the best in all different types of players/personalities. Even ones that may of had issues with other franchises never seem to be a problem once they get to LA.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Honestly this shouldn't even been a question anymore. To be concerned over a this a few years ago made sense, but now no way. Arguably the best thing about McVay is the culture he's built and his ability to coach and bring out the best in all different types of players/personalities. Even ones that may of had issues with other franchises never seem to be a problem once they get to LA.
Yeah that’s a fair point. I guess it’s a matter of just trusting them if they feel he fits.

dang

Legend
I know the Rams will be careful with what the spend on any remaining FAs. So I chose other to represent the best FA CB that the Rams can afford.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Dammit, you took the words out of my mouth! Was going to say the same thing!

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
I'm surprised people assume the honey badger is a bad fit. He spent the last few years as the unquestioned leader of a defense that has won it all. He's a hard nosed vocal player who wants to win. I get questioning his fit as a player / safety. But he definitely fits as a leader / personality.

I still think football wise.. Gilmore is the better add. But if you are looking to replace the leadership and smarts that Eric weddle gave us.. Mathieu is a great fit

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I have nagging questions about both Gilmore and Matthieu, frankly. Not sure either is gonna yield best bang for the buck since both are past their primes.

I would settle for solid but less expensive players at both position and I will trust our coaches to make the best possible decisions.

As an aside, I really think Rams could sign both players if they really wanted to because of anticipated restructuring of AD and Kupp. So that might be a possibility.