IF we're able to win out, there's a good chance the 49ers miss the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JRobinson

MiLB
Everything sounds fairly plausible other then us beating the Whiners. We got absolutely spanked by them and nothing in the victory against the Cards give me reason to think that changes. Simply put, our O Line cannot handle the whiners D Line and Goff can't handle pressure. I'd LOOOOOOOOVE if your scenario played out this way, don't get me wrong.

This.

i feel that some of us are a bit overconfident in our teams ability to play with the Seattles and the Baltimores of the world.

Our D should have had a much better performance against Baltimore, but the game plan (Phillips) wasn’t very successful; clearly. We never run blitz, and yet we were number four against the run going into that game.

OLine has not proven it can complete with playoff caliber DLines as of yet. 49ers rocked us up front (no 2. In sacks), Pittsburgh beat us up in the trenches (no 3. in sacks). We haven’t proven anything as an offensive unit up front that gives me confidence moving forward against SF, or even DAL. Have they started to gel as a unit? Perhaps a little. But I need to be proven otherwise to truly feel they can make, or even win on the road in the playoffs against a good defensive team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything sounds fairly plausible other then us beating the Whiners. We got absolutely spanked by them and nothing in the victory against the Cards give me reason to think that changes. Simply put, our O Line cannot handle the whiners D Line and Goff can't handle pressure. I'd LOOOOOOOOVE if your scenario played out this way, don't get me wrong.

It'll be tough, but if you recall, it was a 7-7 game at half. In the first drive of the second half, Goff pitched the ball to Henderson. Our blockers cleared a massive alley. Assuming nobody badly whiffed on a block, Henderson only had to beat the safety in the open field for a long TD. Henderson dropped the pitch. SF recovered inside our 25. SF scored a TD. Score a TD there, we could have easily gone up 14-7. Would have been a totally different game.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
i feel that some of us are a bit overconfident in our teams ability to play with the Seattles and the Baltimores of the world.

This season has reminded me to be humble....BUT

The Rams were 3’ from beating Seattle at their place and the Rams have beaten the #1 seed, the Saints.

One at a time, baby.

And eff the 9ers and the horse they rode in on.

JRobinson

MiLB
This season has reminded me to be humble....BUT

The Rams were 3’ from beating Seattle at their place and the Rams have beaten the #1 seed, the Saints.

One at a time, baby.

And eff the 9ers and the horse they rode in on.

I totally get and understand both points. However, this current team is similar, but not the same as it was then. The Defense is playoff capable. But let’s say the Rams do beat Seattle, then we will truly find out if the offense can move the ball on a very good defense in Dallas. Personally, I don’t see it.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I totally get and understand both points. However, this current team is similar, but not the same as it was then. The Defense is playoff capable. But let’s say the Rams do beat Seattle, then we will truly find out if the offense can move the ball on a very good defense in Dallas. Personally, I don’t see it.
Worse teams are beating Dallas right now

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Yeah. I don’t get the Dallas fear at all. I see a team in the weakest division not able to even have a winning record.

JRobinson

MiLB
Yeah. I don’t get the Dallas fear at all. I see a team in the weakest division not able to even have a winning record.

Sure. You could be right; and I agree. But I still believe our OLine is easy to expose which gives Goff fits with pressure. Dallas has the front 7 to do this.

To be clear, I’m not in the slightest afraid to play Dallas. They have holes as we do. Do I think we can win? Of course. Do I think we will win? Not sure, which leads to not being surprised if we lose.

Last edited:

JRobinson

MiLB
Worse teams are beating Dallas right now

Wait. The Jets are the only “worst team” that they lost to. The Jets actually have a very good defense. Dallas lost to all playoff teams: NO, GB, MIN, BUF, and NE. I believe we’d lose to NO, NE, MIN and BUF right now.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm BIG TIME for the Rams...but I'm a realist too. I'm not sure McVay has the offense on line yet.

I don't think it's wise to look for the Niners to miss out. The most likely team to falter is Minnesota because of Cousins and their defense.

When you play good D' you're never out of it...and of Seattle, SF, and Minny...the Vikes are the weakest defensively.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm BIG TIME for the Rams...

When you play good D' you're never out of it...and of Seattle, SF, and Minny...the Vikes are the weakest defensively.
Someone posted the Hags pass defense numbers and they're atrocious

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we beat the hawks tonight. I can’t explain why. Just a gut feeling.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been saying this for weeks. Win out and at 11-5 this team will make the playoffs and be dangerous....because the o-line is coming together.

Time to move Edwards to RT and Evans to RG where both are more physically suited to play. Corbett over all has played well at LG. Blythe is a disaster waiting to happen at center. He already lost us games, how many more must we endure before they bench the scrub.

i totally disagree & even more after tonight.
Not a big Collinsworth fan, but he gave a couple guys credit that was fairly accurate.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So far this year the Rams have had trouble against power run games. But they handled Seattle's rather well. Is it because Seattle is a little beat up? Or is the defense and offense of the Rams finally gelling? I hope it is the latter.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah I don't care about the 49ners.... but they are good -been some kind of narrative on this board and in the league to some extent that they will fall over eventually.

Sadly they are legit.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Yeah I don't care about the 49ners.... but they are good -been some kind of narrative on this board and in the league to some extent that they will fall over eventually.

Sadly they are legit.
I was one that didn't believe they were actually good at first but it's undeniable now. As much as it pains me to say I honestly look for them to be in the NFCCG. I hope it's against us because the Rams are the only team in the NFC that I have faith in to beat the niners.