IF we're able to win out, there's a good chance the 49ers miss the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Niners @ Saints
Niners @ Seahawks

Both games the Niners would be underdogs - no guarantee of what happens and obviously they could win either - but these also happen to be two of the most difficult places to play, and both teams would be trying to secure home field advantage when they play.

Seahawks @ Rams
Rams @ Cowboys
Cardinals @ Rams

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but the Rams should win these games. The Cowboys have struggled, and the other two we're at home and will be looking for revenge on Seattle.

If the Niners lose those two and we win those three..

If we were to beat the Niners in week 16, and the rest fell into place, we would both end up 11-5, but we would have a better division record and would get a wildcard over them.

Or taking it one game at a time:

Beat Seattle next week. Root for New Orleans.

The following week we have a tough game in Dallas - pull it out - let the Niners beat down the Falcons.

The week after, go into SF and find a way to win - maybe a blocked punt and defensive TD?

At that point, we would be 10-5 and they would be 11-4

We're home for the Cardinals and they are at Seattle - shouldn't be a problem for us, so throw on a Russell Wilson jersey (just kidding) and pray for a Seahawks win, and we're in!

If we want to avoid any confusion, just do these simple things: root against the Niners and Vikings, and root against Seattle when they're not playing the Niners and Vikings.

***Niners could still make the playoffs if the Vikings falter in this scenario.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
One week at a time brother. Let's see what happens tonight. We can only control what we can control. Hopefully our Rams win out and get into the playoffs. If we can look like how we did yesterday, teams will be in trouble.

TexasRam

Legend
yea it’s true.

the fact is we would get the tie breaker vs the niners but would lose our tie breaker vs minnesota or Seattle.

So in this strange new universe we need to be pulling for seattle over the niners.

Back on planet reality though, we don’t have the Oline Horses to run the table this year.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
[QUOTE="FrantikRam, post: 1266868, member]
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself
[/QUOTE]

Too late
;)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
yea it’s true.

the fact is we would get the tie breaker vs the niners but would lose our tie breaker vs minnesota or Seattle.

So in this strange new universe we need to be pulling for seattle over the niners.

Back on planet reality though, we don’t have the Oline Horses to run the table this year.

Maybe our OL horses are growing up just fast enough?

i mean, we have all the other necessary pieces in place, don’t we?

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I love this.

Feeds right into my hate for the whiners.

I don't believe I have any other hate in my heart.:unsure:

oldnotdead

Legend
I've been saying this for weeks. Win out and at 11-5 this team will make the playoffs and be dangerous....because the o-line is coming together.

Time to move Edwards to RT and Evans to RG where both are more physically suited to play. Corbett over all has played well at LG. Blythe is a disaster waiting to happen at center. He already lost us games, how many more must we endure before they bench the scrub.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
If we were to beat the Niners in week 16, and the rest fell into place, we would both end up 11-5, but we would have a better division record and would get a wildcard over them

I would be very happy:giggle::partyhorn:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Why aren't we musing these things on the Playoff Machine thread? Play out these scenarios and -boom- the machine does the work for you to do the tie-breakers.

Rage-Gif_o_97387.gif

"Use the machine, dammit!!"

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think there will be enough play between the Seahawks-Niners-Vikings and us, that if we take care of business, we will get in.

It may not be our year. We will soon see. But we are definitely in the hunt. Beat Seattle.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus wouldn't that be amazing? But I don't dare to hope for that just yet. Agree on just beating the Shehawks at home and keep building. One game at a time and stay alive. (y)

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
-boom- the machine does the work for you to do the tie-breakers.

Hope they fixed the darn “machine.” A few years ago, the darn thing was broken— it got the tiebreak procedures wrong! Fans everywhere were complaining.

Hope they fixed it...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If (if, if!) the Rams win four straight to finish 11-5, history says their chances of making playoffs are excellent. Only two 11-5 teams in NFL history have missed the playoffs. They are....

Drumroll.....

2008 Pats
1985 Broncos.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Everything sounds fairly plausible other then us beating the Whiners. We got absolutely spanked by them and nothing in the victory against the Cards give me reason to think that changes. Simply put, our O Line cannot handle the whiners D Line and Goff can't handle pressure. I'd LOOOOOOOOVE if your scenario played out this way, don't get me wrong.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Everything sounds fairly plausible other then us beating the Whiners. We got absolutely spanked by them and nothing in the victory against the Cards give me reason to think that changes. Simply put, our O Line cannot handle the whiners D Line and Goff can't handle pressure. I'd LOOOOOOOOVE if your scenario played out this way, don't get me wrong.

Teams go through ups and downs week to week, just in terms of mental prep, physical readiness, and I think emotion, motivation, emotional fatigue, etc. just being up for the game week after week are all bigger factors than most account for. For example, I think the Ravens are a better team than us right now, but I also think they came out pumped up while we came out flat, and before we woke up, it was over. These intangibles are huge imo and can swing games either way.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I dunno, Flatlyner.

When we played the 49ers our OL was just absolute crap.

AND our D was not nearly as good as it is now.

Since then our OL has been upgraded and so has our D with Ramsey.

Sooooo...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
As much as I want the Rams to make the playoffs, I'm not going to lose sleep hoping they can win out and other teams falter to help that happen. I lost enough sleep over the horrible performances that have put the Rams in the hole they have dug. If they make it great, if not, oh well.