If The Draft Was Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd rock with this:

Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 1 Pick 13: Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 9 (BUF): Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (HOU): Morgan Breslin, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (BUF): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 5 Pick 8 (MINN): Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn (A)
Round 7 Pick 13: Corey Linsley, C, Ohio State (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And I'd throw rocks at it.

CAN NOT EVEN SEE,us trading up for a wr at 8 last year and turning around and going wr at 9 this year.
IMO we go OT or CB first then the other THEN wr IF the coaches even think it's a need.

Can't see us coming away with 5 picks in the top 50 (without a trade up), the 2 additional firsts are just completely ridiculous.

As for the players, give me any three of those 5 and I'm happy, give me all 5 and I'm :jerkoff:.

Alan

Legend
I'm surprised you think Watkins will still be available at #9. Considering it covers all the bases and we get two future first round picks. I'd sell my ex-wife's soul for it.

If she had one.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm surprised you think Watkins will still be available at #9. Considering it covers all the bases and we get two future first round picks. I'd sell my ex-wife's soul for it.

If she had one.
Man Al your ex wives get a lot of play on this board and FWIW considering the way you describe them I hope they were at least beauties or didn't believe in spitting.:wink:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rock with this:

Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 1 Pick 13: Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 9 (BUF): Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (HOU): Morgan Breslin, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (A)
Round 4 Pick 9 (BUF): David Fales, QB, San Jose State (A)
Round 4 Pick 13: Calvin Barnett, DT, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 5 Pick 8 (MINN): Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn (A)
Round 7 Pick 13: Corey Linsley, C, Ohio State (B+)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick

Who could be upset? But I don't think it'll go down quite that smoothly. :wink:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Many teams who will draft in the top half of the draft are WR needy. In the top Five of the draft three have big needs. Houston could trade down yet & take a WR, The Browns & Raiders are also very needy @ WR. If the Bills had a Sammy Watkins there @ #9 you can be certain that they would not trade that #9 pick but take Watkins. IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know that site is awful generous with trades but which player in that draft would you be sad about? A top 3 FS, a top 3 CB, a top 10 OT and maybe the most versatile, maybe the top OG, maybe the top WR or least a top 5, a top 10 OLB, close to top 5 QB and RB, and FB all in the same draft? Granted, a lot of these players just might go in the first round in real life.

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy eyeing my ex-wives:
Man Al your ex wives get a lot of play on this board and FWIW considering the way you describe them I hope they were at least beauties or didn't believe in spitting.:wink:
To tell you the truth, the first one died in a car accident and she was damn near perfect. The witch (second wife) could have been a saleswoman for Kirby Vacuum cleaners (wink wink). Big, firm gorgeous teats too.:sad: Out of bed (and many other places) she really sucked (figuratively) too.
My present wife is wonderful. Of course I have to say that because she occasionally checks out this board. Why I have no clue because she not only doesn't like football, she thinks soccer is a sport. :wow:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that site is awful generous with trades but which player in that draft would you be sad about? A top 3 FS, a top 3 CB, a top 10 OT and maybe the most versatile, maybe the top OG, maybe the top WR or least a top 5, a top 10 OLB, close to top 5 QB and RB, and FB all in the same draft? Granted, a lot of these players just might go in the first round in real life.

If you want my specific thoughts:
Watkins - Fine with the pick.
Pryor - Haven't gotten around to evaluating him yet.
Gilbert - I prefer Verrett but that's splitting hairs.
Martin - Not one of my favorite prospects.
Richardson - Good pick.
Breslin - A tad iffy on the scheme fit.
Seastrunk - Great pick at this point.
Sam - Ehhh...can't complain but not sure where he fits in.
Fales - Love it.
Barnett - Don't have an evaluation on him.
Prosch - Might be a little early for a FB.
Linsley - Same as Barnett.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To tell you the truth, the first one died in a car accident and she was damn near perfect. The witch (second wife) could have been a saleswoman for Kirby Vacuum cleaners (wink wink). Big, firm gorgeous teats too.:sad: Out of bed (and many other places) she really sucked (figuratively) too.
My present wife is wonderful. Of course I have to say that because she occasionally checks out this board. Why I have no clue because she not only doesn't like football, she thinks soccer is a sport. :wow:

You poor man. You haven't explained to her otherwise? :heh:

Alan

Legend
If you're talking to someone who thinks soccer is a sport, I don't think they're amenable to reason. That would be some kind of oxymoron thing wouldn't it? :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're talking to someone who thinks soccer is a sport, I don't think they're amenable to reason. That would be some kind of oxymoron thing wouldn't it? :lol:

Fair point. I must concede to your superior logic. :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NO to Pryor @ 13th overall.

We have not got into the First Round #13 pick so much...
Looks like the prospects that will possibly be available would be:
Receivers
Mike Evans, Eric Ebron & Marquise Lee

DL'ers
Louis Nix & RaSheade Hageman

LB'ers
CJ Mosley & Ryan Shazier

DB's
Ha Ha Clinton Dix & Jason Verrett

OL'ers
Taylor Lewan
Cyrus Kousandjio
Zack Martin
David Yankey
Cyril Richardson

If it were me I be looking hard @ OLG/OLT David Yankey, WR Mike Evans & OLT/OLG Cyrus Kousandjio

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'd add Gilbert and Dennard to that list. I think one of them will make it to #13

I would love that Tron but one consistent in all the Mocks that I have read & thats a lot ......Dennard goes to Detroit each & every time. IF CB Dennard was there @ #13 its a no brainer for me he is a Ram! Yes ....over any of my precious OL'ers imagine that!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would love that Tron but one consistent in all the Mocks that I have read & thats a lot ......Dennard goes to Detroit each & every time. IF CB Dennard was there @ #13 its a no brainer for me he is a Ram! Yes ....over any of my precious OL'ers imagine that!
I see OLB Barr and WR Watkins going to the Lions also.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Yea, i noticed that as well, but maybe Gilbert will have a beastly combine and they will take him, or we grab him if Dennard is off the table. I'll take either at this point.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see OLB Barr and WR Watkins going to the Lions also.

I just do not see those two dropping that far myself. Watkins being in most all top five usually going to Oakland and Barr being the best OLB I would hope both of those prospects to last that long means good stuff for us.