If Sean McVay is for Hawaiian Pizza…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
flavor enhancements..... I mean, you wouldn't write a story about birds of prey unless grasping six-shooters as part of enhancing their characters in a fantasy novel, would you? Same thing with toppings on a cheese pizza!

It's called "imagination", Loyal. Surely you, as a writer understand that imagination is limited to the person's mind, not the outside world? Thus, you can have "flavor enhancements" in your mind, but not necessarily in the real world.

Therefore, I will say that pineapple - and most "flavor enhancement", for that matter - don't need to besmirch a good pizza.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's called "imagination", Loyal. Surely you, as a writer understand that imagination is limited to the person's mind, not the outside world? Thus, you can have "flavor enhancements" in your mind, but not necessarily in the real world.

Therefore, I will say that pineapple - and most "flavor enhancement", for that matter - don't need to besmirch a good pizza.
Ah, but that is only partly true! Imagineers at Disney imagined the fantastical, and made Disneyland, Disneyworld and Epcot Center. Rides and structures were only drawings and writings, until the Imagineers created them in reality.

I imagined the sweet, succulent pineapple pieces placed on a pizza with pork is as good as any creative masterpiece done by Disney! Others agreed because those Hawaiians are talented, eh @Selassie I ?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ah, but that is only partly true! Imagineers at Disney imagined the fantastical, and made Disneyland, Disneyworld and Epcot Center. Rides and structures were only drawings and writings, until the Imagineers created them in reality.

I imagined the sweet, succulent pineapple pieces placed on a pizza with pork is as good as any creative masterpiece done by Disney! Others agreed because those Hawaiians are talented, eh @Selassie I ?

And yet the imagination had its limits in Disneyland/Disneyworld; they still had to abide by real life conditions, even if the drawings and writings were created into reality. Imagination is limited to the person's mind because there are no real life conditions in the mind. You can deny that physics exist in your imagination; hence why there are so many dreams about people flying or defying gravity in dreams, which is powered by, you guessed it, imagination.

And pineapple is a horrible fruit. My mom's allergic, and I never did like it at all. Even pork on a pizza doesn't necessarily belong; the only topping that is guaranteed to be on every kind of pizza is cheese. Crusts vary from places, toppings can go in and out, but cheese is necessary for it to be called a pizza.

That's why I only order cheese with my pizzas.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet the imagination had its limits in Disneyland/Disneyworld; they still had to abide by real life conditions, even if the drawings and writings were created into reality. Imagination is limited to the person's mind because there are no real life conditions in the mind. You can deny that physics exist in your imagination; hence why there are so many dreams about people flying or defying gravity in dreams, which is powered by, you guessed it, imagination.

And pineapple is a horrible fruit. My mom's allergic, and I never did like it at all. Even pork on a pizza doesn't necessarily belong; the only topping that is guaranteed to be on every kind of pizza is cheese. Crusts vary from places, toppings can go in and out, but cheese is necessary for it to be called a pizza.

But the Hawaiian Pizza exists to perfection with Canadian bacon! I'm sorry your Mom is allergic to this wonderful fruit, and so she should stay away from it. Some creations are good for most, but not all. Pineapple will help with your creative processes!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Welp... My wife is allergic to dairy so she has her pizza sans cheese. I think it's still a pizza. Not a very good one but yes... still a pizza.

And I actually love fresh pineapple. Just stop cooking the shit. That absolutely ruins it.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It's always been so Ironic that they call it Hawaiian Pizza. :eyeroll:

Growing up in Hawaii I've never seen Hawaiians sitting around eating pineapple or Canadian bacon. Pineapple eating has been more of a touristy thing for decades. I may have mentioned this in another pineapple pizza thread, but a Hawaiian Pizza would have Kalua pig on it, not Canadian bacon. And maybe throw on some cold Lomi Salmon on top after removing from the oven (imu!). Or Taco Poke. Then again I've always eaten that stuff on it's own, not on pizza.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's always been so Ironic that they call it Hawaiian Pizza. :eyeroll:

Growing up in Hawaii I've never seen Hawaiians sitting around eating pineapple or Canadian bacon. Pineapple eating has been more of a touristy thing for decades. I may have mentioned this in another pineapple pizza thread, but a Hawaiian Pizza would have Kalua pig on it, not Canadian bacon. And maybe throw on some cold Lomi Salmon on top after removing from the oven (imu!). Or Taco Poke. Then again I've always eaten that stuff on it's own, not on pizza.
Don’t blame me…It’s that Hawaiian @Selassie I that keeps insisting on it’s authenticity and @RamFan503 keeps demanding cooked pineapple….
Freaks

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Mackeyser
YsLJHFb.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Look. I have nothing against some of the very good people who have no culinary taste.

You won't see me putting catsup on eggs, gravy on a cooked ball of dough, sauce or catsup on a steak, "nacho cheese" on chips thinking that is nachos, dipping my pizza in ranch, ordering a side of mayo for my fries, ordering a well done steak, eating sweet and sour pork, and for DAMN SURE I ain't eating no cooked pineapple.

Now give me my Lemon Jelly Filled Donut!

Damn... I like most of those things...

Well, I don't like queso "sauce"... and don't dip pizza in ranch... and yeah, steak should stand on it's own unless it's specifically part of the recipe. If one is putting ketchup or A1 on steak, they shoulda spent the money on a better marinade..

But yeah... I put ketchup on scrambled eggs, love biscuits and gravy (especially if the gravy is nice and peppery), mayo dipping for fries is dope, but ONLY if you have well done steak fries. Shouldn't be done with reg fries like McDonalds...

Can't eat rare meat... it's a texture thing... but I do try to do medium well. Sorry to the vampires out there...

sweet and sour pork is delish. C'mon...

And pineapple... is amazing. Pineapple upside down cake, baked pineapple on ham and pineapple on pizza... baked pineapple rings with a light dusting of cayenne? ooooh, so good.

As for that Lemon Jelly Filled Donut... you'll never eat a donut filled with ANYTHING after you've watched Van Wilder... or if you can, you've got a much hardier constitution than me, because after that, it's only apple fritters, glazed buttermilks from Primos (if I ever get back to LA) and regular donuts for me...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Damn... I like most of those things...

Well, I don't like queso "sauce"... and don't dip pizza in ranch... and yeah, steak should stand on it's own unless it's specifically part of the recipe. If one is putting ketchup or A1 on steak, they shoulda spent the money on a better marinade..

But yeah... I put ketchup on scrambled eggs, love biscuits and gravy (especially if the gravy is nice and peppery), mayo dipping for fries is dope, but ONLY if you have well done steak fries. Shouldn't be done with reg fries like McDonalds...

Can't eat rare meat... it's a texture thing... but I do try to do medium well. Sorry to the vampires out there...

sweet and sour pork is delish. C'mon...

And pineapple... is amazing. Pineapple upside down cake, baked pineapple on ham and pineapple on pizza... baked pineapple rings with a light dusting of cayenne? ooooh, so good.

As for that Lemon Jelly Filled Donut... you'll never eat a donut filled with ANYTHING after you've watched Van Wilder... or if you can, you've got a much hardier constitution than me, because after that, it's only apple fritters, glazed buttermilks from Primos (if I ever get back to LA) and regular donuts for me...
Please refer to the first paragraph of my post that you quoted.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Von Miller signed with Buffalo because he was disgusted by the notion that the Rams might serve Hawaiian pizza at their facility.

Thanks a lot!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a banana tart.... not a pizza...
I guess the title mislead me. If you search on YouTube it's a thing in Sweden. Curry and who knows what else, even pineapple. I chose the video for it's brevity.

Last edited: